DSP NHL2k5 league meet-up thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DSP NHL2k5 league meet-up thread

Post by mobiggins »

Meet up here, discuss games, etc.

First I have to throw out a question. It seems that the deadline for playing the game is largely symbolic, as the 6th has come and gone and Jared and TheTruth evidently still can play theirs out if Truth comes back with his Xbox. I can also select a winner.

Do you guys want to:
I. put the league on the back burner, doing trades or whatever until Truth comes back
II. have me flip a coin and give the game to the winner by 1-0, as I can't give a tie, and do that for subsequent weeks until truth gets back
III. remove TheTruth as a contestant and find someone to replace him, which is still possible from the website.
IV. Keep truth out of the league regardless and give a 1-0 win to whomever is his opponent for that week, that way we know we all get a 1-0 win in our schedule and the standings are even in that respect.

I'm taking suggestions.
Thanks.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Well... I vote for modified #2. Give the win to Truth's opponents until he gets back. No coin flip.

I think 3 and 4 are too harsh... unless Truth comes to this thread and lets us know his Xbox will be out for multiple weeks. The original thought was that it would be only the first week that would be missed.

Fleury14
Mario Mendoza

Post by Fleury14 »

I would say let Jared decide, since he's the guy playing him.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I think The Truth replied in the other thread that it could be at least another week until he gets his XBOX back, and to give his opponent the win. No way should Truth be removed from the league. He's been very understanding of the whole situation, and we should be too.

I think it's important that we try and keep this league moving. It's a fairly large league, it wouldn't be a good idea to wait another week and lose momentum.

So, I vote to give Jared the win, and keep the league moving....rather than wait another week.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

I second that

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

As I said yesterday, my xbox should be recieved by the repair center today. They said it would take one day to fix and then ship back. It will take 2-3 days for me to recieve the xbox back once shipped. So I should get it back next week sometime hopefully. When is the deadline for the next week of games? Sorry, can't check here at work.

If you want to replace me, that's fine, I understand.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Why not get another owner to take Truth's team and play an honor system game to determine the winner. Then mo can plug in the results.

vraknari
Mario Mendoza

Post by vraknari »

Truth seems like he wants to play in the league and is willing to accept a loss until he is able to come back.

Sounds resonable enough to me...
XBL GT: FULURESTAR

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I dont think it's fair to hold everything up for one guy. Just give him the loss and lets move ahead. It's only one game for crying out loud!
This thing is dragging along as it is. People are going to start losing interest.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Give Truth the loss at each deadline until he's ready to go. Worst case, he's 0-3 to start the season. He understands the situation...lets move on.

Honestly I don't understand why this is an issue...give him the loss and lets get going. The seasons to long to f*ck around.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Give Truth the loss at each deadline until he's ready to go. Worst case, he's 0-3 to start the season. He understands the situation...lets move on.

Honestly I don't understand why this is an issue...give him the loss and lets get going. The seasons to long to f*ck around.
Agreed! Truth has said multiple times (including once in this thread) that he will take the loss. I thought this was understood before we even reached the deadline. Mo, we've got to make decisions like this quicker and more decisive. I agree with others that if we don't keep things moving people will lose interest.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

I've completed my week 1 game, but I'm on business travel until Wednesday. With that in mind, I propose patience for Truth.

If he's OK taking the loss, then move ahead to week 2.

I agree we need to keep this thing moving, but we also need to be fair/flexible to keep people interested.

MORE IMPORTANTLY...

LA KING, please change that photo! IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A MESSY ASS AND TP! ;)
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

LA KING, please change that photo! IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A MESSY ASS AND TP!
Aw, but i like it ;-) It's there so i always remember my former pet. I had to give him away because certain people in my house are close minded bastards. Maybe my next avatar will be of one of my tarantulas eating a mouse. Good stuff :twisted:
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

LAking wrote:[Aw, but i like it ;-) It's there so i always remember my former pet. I had to give him away because certain people in my house are close minded bastards. Maybe my next avatar will be of one of my tarantulas eating a mouse. Good stuff :twisted:
How bout a good old Kings logo? Come on man. That is freaking disgusting.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Yes, I will take the loss. I too thought this was agreed upon a week or so ago. I just want to play and have fun. Not concerned with winning the league.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

option 2

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

Okay, giving truth the loss.

Next round should run through wednesday again. But we can wait a day for you to finish your game if you're out of town.

I'll make swifter decisions next time.
Promise.

Have at it, the next round is open as of 4pm central time today, Friday.

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

Lovely.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

bring it on, biznuts!

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

Grog, when's a good time for you? Probably sunday evening, 9pm central time would be good for me.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Seanmac, we got a game to play. I should be free tonight (fri) and i may have time on sat or sun. When is a good time for you?

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Im central standard so i think u are 1 hour ahead but sounds good to me.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Saturday night XXXIV?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sully wrote:Saturday night XXXIV?
Cant do saturday nites.....For fear of my life.....but Im available tonite or sunday-wed after 9:30 central

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

XXXIV wrote:
Sully wrote:Saturday night XXXIV?
Cant do saturday nites.....For fear of my life.....but Im available tonite or sunday-wed after 9:30 central
Tonight's no good for me. Let's go for Tuesday night. How's 10pm Central/ 9pm EST?

It's one hour difference, correct?