Deion Sanders and Ray Lewis on the same team?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Deion Sanders and Ray Lewis on the same team?

Post by bdoughty »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1869547

The offensive players are going to need earplugs with all the smack coming from the other side of scrimmage. If he did run a 4.38 40 on grass at 37 years of age, then color me impressed. He will make for a more interesting season if he joins up with the Ravens.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dude is supposedly just as fast as he was before. The thing that's going to kill Deion is his catchup and closing speed. Supposedly he's lost a step in that regard. Flat out running, he'll keep up with most guys, but it's the starting and stopping that's going to hurt him.

But it should be interesting. He's been the most exciting football player in the past 15 years until Mike Vick stole some of his thunder a couple years back.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

All I have to say is Jordan's return...

Can this guy cover like Champ Bailey, or Law or any of the top Dbs. Let's just say he's above average. One thing we've learned in this generation of the NFL is that you need a great CB to stop WRs. Good to average will let team like Indy, Rams, KC throw all over you. Only thing about Dieon is that the NFL is cracking down on 5 yard grappling. Which will put a requisite on speed and if Dieon has that he might do okay but not great.

Plus how is this guy going to play for the Ravens D. Don't you have to actually hit people to play on that D.

cdastros
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by cdastros »

He doesn't have to cover like champ baily if he is going to be thier 3rd corner. He will see most of his time on 3rd and long situations in the nickel package. You also have to keep in mind that the Ravens were the best at sacking the QB last year. That kind of pass rush really helps a cb.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

I read where all he's going to do is play in nickel situations and maybe run back punts.

The sad thing about Deion is his last year in Dallas he kind of sucked and he never did anything in Washington either. Now some 21 year old undrafted free agent is going to get cut because Deion's rich ass decided he wants to play with Ray Lewis.

Now if Deion DESERVED the spot, I wouldn't have a problem, but someone will get cut as a result of this "experiment".

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

What a crock of sh!t for some young defensive back who will now lose his job because Neon decides he wants to play again. The jag-off has nothing left to prove. Just walk away from the game and let the youth take over.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.