Can't decide what move to see tonight.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Can't decide what move to see tonight.

Post by GROGtheNailer »

It's a choice of these three:

1. The Village

2. The Manchurian Candidate

3. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle

Thoughts? Has anyone seen any of these at all?

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Can't decide what move to see tonight.

Post by Badgun »

GROGtheNailer wrote:It's a choice of these three:

1. The Village

The Village should be great. I love Denzell also, but the hamburger movie sucked from the reviews I've read.

I'd catch The Village if it was me. :lol:

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Village was superb!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Manchurian Candidate is a Frank Sinatra remake......It was a great movie the first time.................

see the Bourne Supremacy

pacuca
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by pacuca »

The Village was awesome. Go see it now!

pacuca

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pacuca wrote:The Village was awesome. Go see it now!

pacuca
shes in bed already

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Seen Manchurian Candidate ....an average movie at best. Should of seen the Village.

johnnypark
Mario Mendoza

Post by johnnypark »

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

I saw this on Friday night. My expectations were not very high going in to it. After watching it, I got to say it was the funniest movie I saw this summer.

Also most of the reviews I saw were postive ones. It also has a fresh rating at rottentomatoes.com http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harold_ ... te_castle/

Alan_Bernardo
Mario Mendoza

Re: Can't decide what move to see tonight.

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

GROGtheNailer wrote:It's a choice of these three:

1. The Village

If you watch ESPN, you'll have a chance to see quite a move or two. Consider the Cubs, who put a move on the Red Sox. Or mabye check out the Dodgers, who made a move or two.

Then there's Rickey Williams, who put a move on the Dolphins, hanging up the cleats.

And even today, if you're a golf nut, you might watch the final round of the PGA, where Tiger might put a move on and win a tournament.

Plenty of moves to see. If you wait a bit, NFL teams might make some moves this week. Consider the move the Browns might make to sign Winslow.

If you're going for a regular crap-shoot, watch any one of the SitComs on TV, where this or that guy will undoubtedly put a move on this or that chick. If you're patient and you keep your eyes open, you're bound to find a move.

I could go on forever. Every day there's a new move. It's just a matter of finding the move that suits your fancy.

Myself being particular to Boxing, I'll be looking for the move Tysons going to have to make on his creditors, after being knocked out on Friday. :)

Alanb

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

[sarcasm]

Good one.

[/sarcasm]

GROGtheNailer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GROGtheNailer »

Heh, you know Alan, I didnt notice that until you mentioned it. Thanks ya b@stard :)

Ive also been hearing the same about Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, I usually do not go to comedies because they usually aren't funny to me but maybe this one could be good.

The movie I really want to see is called Saw and is out in October I think....there is a few trailers out and it looks very very good, along the lines of 7even.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I saw Live and Die in LA last night...............Great flick that never gets any credit

NoJoke
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by NoJoke »

The Village may have been one of the more disappointing movie experiences I have ever had. Either my expectations were way too high or it just was not a good movie.

Joe

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

Yeah, "The Village" really seems to be dividing people. Ebert gave it a one star, but I saw that Roeper gave it a thumbs up (I didn't get to see them debate because it was pre-empted by the freaking WNBA). I mostly hated "Signs," so I will skip "The Village."

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I thought "The Village" was a pretty good flick. Good suspense, a few "jumpy" moments, and a couple unexpected events. My only disappointment was that I had pretty much figured out the trademark Shyamalan twist before even going to the theater. Either it was pretty obvious or I'm just starting to figure out the way he thinks.

mixdj1

NoJoke
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by NoJoke »

I think that is the problem. The "twist" is no longer a surprise so you look for it. And this one was very easy to see coming. And not that rewarding. He needs to retrain his audience to not anticipate these things. I'll leave it at that because I hope others who see it can enjoy it.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I think people are blowing the twist ending out of proportion. Yes, you can see it coming, but what it says about the characters and the choices they've made is what's important, not the shock value. I really think it's a great film.

For what it's worth, Sixth Sense is the one Shyamalan film I don't like, primarily because all its worth is tied up in that twist ending. The whole time I was watching it, I was like, why isn't this film working? And then the ending of course made it work. But that didn't make me feel any better about two hours of boredom and listening to an annoying kid whisper all the time. Village is more of a slow reveal, with more interesting and socially pertinent themes, and less insulting of one's intelligence, I think. Not that the 56% of reviewers at Rotten Tomatoes who panned it would agree with me.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Anyone else see Bourne Supremacy? I thought it was a damn good movie, almost as good as the first. If the story had been a bit better, I think it would have surpassed it. Damon, as much as he looks like Opey, is turning into the James Bond of this era. He's actually quite believeable.

Alan_Bernardo
Mario Mendoza

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

GROGtheNailer wrote:Heh, you know Alan, I didnt notice that until you mentioned it. Thanks ya b@stard :)

Ive also been hearing the same about Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, I usually do not go to comedies because they usually aren't funny to me but maybe this one could be good.

The movie I really want to see is called Saw and is out in October I think....there is a few trailers out and it looks very very good, along the lines of 7even.
I was just messin' with you, Grog. :)

Alanb

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Anyone else see Bourne Supremacy? I thought it was a damn good movie, almost as good as the first. If the story had been a bit better, I think it would have surpassed it. Damon, as much as he looks like Opey, is turning into the James Bond of this era. He's actually quite believeable.
Have not seen the new one, but yeah, I was surprised that I enjoyed him in this type of role as much as I did. He does a good job as an 'action star'.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

I haven't seen any of those movies. I've seen the original "manchurian" and while it was good, it wasn't good enough to make me go want to see a remake. The Villiage is getting canned by a lot of critics, and my dad said it wasn't very good either. Harold and Kumar is getting decent reviews for the kind of movie it is. L.A. Times thought the plot and stuff wasn't very good, but the actors were a good comedy team. The only reason i want to see that movie is because John Cho was my 10th grade english teacher. He left after the year to go abroad to do some shakespear play. Then he started showing up in a few big movies (American Pie, American Beauty, Bowfinger) with very very minor roles. Now it seems he's hit the big time and it's nice to know he's made it. Anyway, just thought i'd share that info. ;-) Oh, and go see Napoleon Dynamite. It's been released in wider distribution with an extra ending at the end of the credits. Story is pointless and beside the point. It's just so funny any strange. Loved it.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Spooky wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Anyone else see Bourne Supremacy? I thought it was a damn good movie, almost as good as the first. If the story had been a bit better, I think it would have surpassed it. Damon, as much as he looks like Opey, is turning into the James Bond of this era. He's actually quite believeable.
Have not seen the new one, but yeah, I was surprised that I enjoyed him in this type of role as much as I did. He does a good job as an 'action star'.
Yes, I saw......and yes I liked it......was alot like the first one in pace and action..........entertaining