PGA Tour 2K23

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: PGA Tour 2K23

Post by JOZ »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:54 pm
fsquid wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:15 pm
I beat Major Bubbs!!!!! I then finished 38 shots behind him in the weekend tournament.
Don't feel bad every time I beat him in season 1 he would slaughter me the the next event. He plays a game most of us are not familiar with and to be honest I applaud his play as it makes you work harder. I had two bad rounds this weekend event and went back to the fittings shop and rebuilt my fittings again shot 62 in final round after a pair of 71's. It why guys like the Major are good as you can't sit still and always must get better to have a chance against players like him. I am sure I will beat him again but even more sure he will dominate most of the time. He is our society Tiger and wish we could get some more players so at least 2nd and 3rd pay better. Lol.
Thanks Rob. That's basically how I felt when I first started playing our society in TGC 2019. Vader was the one dominating. . I always enjoyed trying to beat his score if he played before me which seemed like most of the time. I would get him every now and then. I think trying to compete with him definitely made me better at the game.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

fsquid wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 pm
I guess I need to figure out the fitting shop.
I just recently started messing with the fittings and ball types myself. I like the choices of trying to find the right balance on the fittings. I don't really care for having different ball types though. Seems a bit cheesy.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

JOZ wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:03 am
fsquid wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:38 pm
I guess I need to figure out the fitting shop.
I just recently started messing with the fittings and ball types myself. I like the choices of trying to find the right balance on the fittings. I don't really care for having different ball types though. Seems a bit cheesy.
The ball types can be very interesting as the one I use most of the time has a 65 spin rating vs 35 for the default. The bounce and roll on the default are very high and make it very hard to hold the green. Forget buying anything other than a green level ball as the cost is ridiculous and with the cash spent on fittings there is no cash for it anyway. One note on balls if you play a course with tight pins or elevated greens a ball with more flight is better suited. Lots of possibilities and lots of experimenting but 2K did a good job with VC as the lack of cash and the amount of gain and loss on fittings really makes it tough to create the perfect golfer as there is give and take everywhere. I hope in the next game they really take it to another level.

johnnypark
Mario Mendoza

Post by johnnypark »

They added cross play and ranked mode today.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

It's been a LONG time since I've played a golf game, but my kid really wanted to try the Top Golf mode (eh, it's fine, he loves it though) and it was on sale. I couldn't even tell you the settings used to start a career or what all of the different XP/level stuff going on is doing, but it is one of the few games lately that makes me want to pick up the controller or not put it down once playing.

If my kid is around, he'll do the drive and maybe approach and I'll do the rest. Looking forward to spending more time with this one, it's been a pleasant surprise.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

johnnypark wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:02 pm
They added cross play and ranked mode today.
I've read that you can also add live ghosts to your Society rounds now, like you could in PGA TOUR 2K21.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm having a lot of trouble with this game since the patch. In our 54 hole tournament this past weekend, I had to go through a cycle up process each time I tried to swing the club. The club would twitch slightly on my first swing attempt, then it would go back a bit further before freezing or resetting, then on about the fourth of fifth swing attempt, it would finally go the full distance. It caused some bizarrely erratic shots though. On the first tee of the first round, my drive went 78 yards and barely got off the ground.

I tried a few other games and had no problems. Did anyone else see anything like this? I know I've been playing bad here lately, as I'm suffering the tempo effects of going back and forth between the PC and XBox Series X versions of the game, but what happened this weekend was a phenomenon I've never seen before!?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

John, while not necessarily the same issues that you’ve experienced, I noticed that in every hole I kind of just had to paused a bit and reflect on my swing or take a quick look at it as every single shot, it just felt different, weak swings inclined more to slices which is rather unusual for a fast swinger like myself.

Particularly more during the initial Drives…

No excuses, as I was playing from home with a good connection and no lags as when I play in hotels but it felt different indeed. I thought it was because of the water landmark in many of the holes and my swing just automatically panics a bit :( , but it was the same issue playing 1v1 with randoms.

Which is fun for the record. Anyone interested night times after 7 PM PST works for me.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

How do I find a certain course in Georgia where I'll never be a member?
Thanks

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:57 pm
I'm having a lot of trouble with this game since the patch. In our 54 hole tournament this past weekend, I had to go through a cycle up process each time I tried to swing the club. The club would twitch slightly on my first swing attempt, then it would go back a bit further before freezing or resetting, then on about the fourth of fifth swing attempt, it would finally go the full distance. It caused some bizarrely erratic shots though. On the first tee of the first round, my drive went 78 yards and barely got off the ground.

I tried a few other games and had no problems. Did anyone else see anything like this? I know I've been playing bad here lately, as I'm suffering the tempo effects of going back and forth between the PC and XBox Series X versions of the game, but what happened this weekend was a phenomenon I've never seen before!?

I have this issue a few times also but I usually go to a practice swing if it's there as I always draw the club back once before doing a full swing and if I sense that on that first drawback I go to a few practice swings. Not sure what causes it and it can be frustrating but it's definitely not a consistent issue on my end.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

MUTTS wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:57 pm
Thanks

Wh!t is the course? If it's Augusta just type in the search box The National for the best version as we arenot allowed to name that certain course. It's also on the list of highest rated courses under The National.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:23 pm
MUTTS wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:57 pm
Thanks

Wh!t is the course? If it's Augusta just type in the search box The National for the best version as we arenot allowed to name that certain course. It's also on the list of highest rated courses under The National.

Thats it--I thought I'd seen it had been changed to a bunch of asterisks or something. I'll look for the national. Thanks

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Wow, I just realized you can hit start while playing with a ghost and turn on the option "turn order". This allows you to actually watch the player take shots instead of just see balls flying around while you play. :lol:

Was this option on the other games too?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

JOZ wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:30 pm
Wow, I just realized you can hit start while playing with a ghost and turn on the option "turn order". This allows you to actually watch the player take shots instead of just see balls flying around while you play. :lol:

Was this option on the other games too?
That’s always been there.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Lol, well I'm an idiot. I never liked playing with a ghost because you just watched their ball fly around as you play. Never thought to look for a setting.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

JOZ wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:10 am
Lol, well I'm an idiot. I never liked playing with a ghost because you just watched their ball fly around as you play. Never thought to look for a setting.
Nah, you aren’t an idiot. It’s not like it’s a setting that jumps off the page. I used to use it a bit.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

you can rest well now J Cauthen. There is no threat to your product.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

PGA2K23 FREE THIS WEEKEND ON XBOX!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I don't know what's going on with this game on my XBox Series X, but over the last month, it has become almost unplayable for me. There are many times I can't even get the golfer to start the backswing. Then he'll start, swing back a couple inches, stop, and reset to address. Then with each subsequent attempt to swing he'll be able to take it back further and further before hitting a "stop" and then going back to address. This happens tee to green and is just as persistent on putts.

To add insult to injury, it messes up my tempo immensely. There will be three or four drives a game where the ball never gets above waist high, and winds up going 120 yards or less. I can quit the game on a hole where I'm having a problem executing a backswing, exit the game entirely, reload it and my golfer will be able to swing freely on the same tee where I couldn't get him to take the club back previously. Problem is, on the next tee the problem with swing hesitancy returns.

I was wondering if it was my network connection, so I tried my PC version of the game in a Society event. I never experienced the problem once. As a bonus, the swing animation stayed locked in at 60 FPS (at 1440p), which helped my shotmaking and scoring tremendously. I shot a 57 at Harbour Town on the PC version, using the same conditions we played round one in at the same course in our society tournament last week, and then turned around and shot 71 in our tournament on the Series X.

Just curious if any of you are seeing these problems on the XBox Series X version of this game. I ask this question as someone who is +17 after two rounds a Louisiana in our tournament this week! :oops:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

John, sorry you’re going thru those pains because I know exactly what you mean especially when it comes to putting but because half of the time I play with poor connections when I am away from home I kind of gave up and just try to finish the tournaments that you set up week in, week out.

But to be honest even when I am at home with a good connection, the RS doesn’t seem to move, it’s stuck and after about 3 seconds, I try the practice swing and then it finally slowly moves. The movement is very drag oriented and not smooth.

And like you said it messes up with your tempo and I like to play fast.

I just finished round 1 with a -6 and didn’t feel that issue while putting so far.

Have to admit that since EA brought back the 3-click system into PGA, I am not as messed up with my swings while playing both games.

I still prefer the simulation aspect on this game but the career mode in EA is very well done.

Hope, the Xbox X game gets better for you. I try to do the hard resets sometimes but I think it’s just a 2K issue.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Since we now have a series X (longtime PS guy) and both companies games---how do I join the society
Thx
Tony

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Tony, just find "Digital Sportspate (DSP) in your Society name search and you'll find us. It's not password protected so once you find it and add it to your societies, you can join right in. We've got about 22 hours left in our 54 hole tournament at TPC Louisiana right now. We then play an 18 hole "Daily", Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, followed by a 54 hole tournament for Thursday through Sunday night, unless it's a major, and we play 72 hole tournaments then.

We're glad to have you onboard... welcome!

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:38 am
I don't know what's going on with this game on my XBox Series X, but over the last month, it has become almost unplayable for me. There are many times I can't even get the golfer to start the backswing. Then he'll start, swing back a couple inches, stop, and reset to address. Then with each subsequent attempt to swing he'll be able to take it back further and further before hitting a "stop" and then going back to address. This happens tee to green and is just as persistent on putts.

To add insult to injury, it messes up my tempo immensely. There will be three or four drives a game where the ball never gets above waist high, and winds up going 120 yards or less. I can quit the game on a hole where I'm having a problem executing a backswing, exit the game entirely, reload it and my golfer will be able to swing freely on the same tee where I couldn't get him to take the club back previously. Problem is, on the next tee the problem with swing hesitancy returns.

I was wondering if it was my network connection, so I tried my PC version of the game in a Society event. I never experienced the problem once. As a bonus, the swing animation stayed locked in at 60 FPS (at 1440p), which helped my shotmaking and scoring tremendously. I shot a 57 at Harbour Town on the PC version, using the same conditions we played round one in at the same course in our society tournament last week, and then turned around and shot 71 in our tournament on the Series X.

Just curious if any of you are seeing these problems on the XBox Series X version of this game. I ask this question as someone who is +17 after two rounds a Louisiana in our tournament this week! :oops:

JC same issue on Xbox One and for some reason it happens everyday once I turn the console on but I found a fix. What I do once I power up I go to range and by the 2nd swing everything you stated happens to me so I then hit the xbox button and hold til option come up to restart console and once I restart and it powers back up when I go back into the game it plays flawlessly. I must do this every time I play PGA 2K3 or I can't even swing the club. It was not my controller bad it was this issue. No idea what's causing it but it there and it's real.

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Joined today.....+2 for first round at Quail Hollow.

5 birdies on the front and yet I could only muster 1 under through 9. A four putt 6 on 13 was ugly too. 7 birdies and 5 pats yet +2. Yikes.

I'm a three click guy--is that legal for this group?

Tony

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MUTTS wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 3:28 pm
Joined today.....+2 for first round at Quail Hollow.

5 birdies on the front and yet I could only muster 1 under through 9. A four putt 6 on 13 was ugly too. 7 birdies and 5 pats yet +2. Yikes.

I'm a three click guy--is that legal for this group?

Tony
Welcome to the grind. As far as I am concerned you can play whichever way works better for you. In fact I found the 3-click method was more punishing in the harder settings if you miss the sweetspot.

Remember the weekend event is for 3 rounds. Good luck.