XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBOX Game Pass (Ultimate)

Post by Pete1210 »

I'm enjoying The Gunk. It reminds me of Journey to the Savage Planet (except much simpler) and Beyond Good and Evil. You are exploring and cleaning up an alien planet, looking for some kind of power source.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Pete1210 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:34 pm
I'm enjoying The Gunk. It reminds me of Journey to the Savage Planet (except much simpler) and Beyond Good and Evil. You are exploring and cleaning up an alien planet, looking for some kind of power source.
Same here! Just has a nice vibe to it - along with that PS2 adventure game innocence (i.e. Beyond Good and Evil like you said). Just started it, and I've heard it's around 4 hours maybe? Kudos to the devs for not overdoing it - that sounds like a great length for this type of game. I can definitely see myself completing it.

Anyone tried Forgotten City? Gets great reviews but haven't had time yet.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I’m playing The Gunk too. Fantastic game so far a few hours in.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

fanatic2 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:38 am
Yes. It's like solving a murder mystery, even though that's not actually the plot. After a few hours in I got frustrated and used a guide to advance some and then to get the different endings. Definitely worth a look if you like trying different kinds of games. And it has an Oblivion feel since it's a mod of Skyrim.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Pete1210 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:11 pm
fanatic2 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:38 am
Yes. It's like solving a murder mystery, even though that's not actually the plot. After a few hours in I got frustrated and used a guide to advance some and then to get the different endings. Definitely worth a look if you like trying different kinds of games. And it has an Oblivion feel since it's a mod of Skyrim.
Nice, thanks!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Can anyone find 12 month GPU cards from reputable retailers? The most I can find are 3 month cards for Gamepass Ultimate, did they get rid of the 12 month?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 am
Can anyone find 12 month GPU cards from reputable retailers? The most I can find are 3 month cards for Gamepass Ultimate, did they get rid of the 12 month?
Never seen a Game Pass Ultimate card more than 3 months...12 x 15 would be $180 - never seen that at all. Xbox Live Gold, yeah - they had 12 months, but not Game Pass Ultimate.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

3 Months is all I've seen. Target sold 3 month Game Pass Ultimate cards for $25 on CyberMonday.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:47 pm
Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:25 am
Never seen a Game Pass Ultimate card more than 3 months...12 x 15 would be $180 - never seen that at all. Xbox Live Gold, yeah - they had 12 months, but not Game Pass Ultimate.
Well they definitely used to have them because I bought one a year ago, but it seems 3 months is all they have now.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Microsoft buys Activision/Blizzard. Big deal. Expect to see a lot of their titles on GamePass.

Will MS make franchises like Call of Duty and Overwatch Xbox and PC exclusive?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

WOW! Microsoft to buy Blizzard for $70 billion. That's one helluva coup for MS because WoW alone brings in bag loads of money. Now I regret buying Diablo II Resurrected for the XBOX. I could have got it on Game Pass. :evil:

Edit: It looks like I got beat on the news front by PK. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

$70 billion in an ALL-CASH DEAL. F*ck!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I just read that (King) who makes the Candy Crush games is part of Activision. Those mobile games rake in sh*t loads of cash each year. Gamespot just posted Game Pass subscribers at 25 million. Do the numbers and Microsoft can easily afford Blizzard. I guess when Sony announced their own version of Game Pass that made Microsoft jump into high gear.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:36 am
I just read that (King) who makes the Candy Crush games is part of Activision. Those mobile games rake in sh*t loads of cash each year. Gamespot just posted Game Pass subscribers at 25 million. Do the numbers and Microsoft can easily afford Blizzard. I guess when Sony announced their own version of Game Pass that made Microsoft jump into high gear.
Sony will play catch-up forever. MS bought Bethesda and Activision/Blizzard. It has strong GamePass relationships with EA and Ubisoft, and I wouldn't rule out a purchase of either if MS needs it for a competitive advantage.

So, what's left for Sony to work with besides its first-party titles as exclusives? No way in hell Bethesda or Activision/Blizzard titles are coming to Sony's gaming subscription service.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

What an INSANE piece of news this morning.

Like you said, PK, there's really nothing Sony can do to match. The tech companies are sitting on stacks on stacks on stacks and there are only so many stock buy-backs you can do with that money. Microsoft still has more than $60B on hand after spending $70B on Activision, if what I looked up is accurate.

I always though Activision did a really bad job of taking advantage of the CoD cash (and then World of Warcraft after buying Blizzard) to build up more meaningful pillars to their business. They killed Guitar Hero and Skylanders, have only dabbled with Tony Hawk, Spyro, and Crash. Just seems like a really cynical company led by some real assholes.

Microsoft has a lot of work to do to clean up a lot of nastiness lingering over the entire Activision organization.

Certainly makes Game Pass an even greater value proposition.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don't know if this is an actual Tweet from Sony's Kaz Hirai but if it's true he's just trying to throw shade on Microsoft. Sony is VERY worried that Microsoft is just piling on.

"At Sony we wanted to make a very strong and principled stance against employee harassment, which is why 30 minutes ago we decided to never work with Activision Blizzard again"
— Ex-CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO) January 18, 2022

Microsoft

Sony

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

To me, one of the larger, more overlooked aspects of this deal is that Microsoft is letting noted d***** canoe Bobby Kotick remain as CEO of Activision. Kotick reportedly did nothing to stop the toxic workplace at Activision/Blizzard and was one of the leaders of it.

So, when Microsoft talked about the importance of an inclusive workforce in its online announcement of the acquisition, it rang incredibly hollow. "We care about inclusion, yet we're keeping one of the most toxic misogynists in the gaming industry as the leader of our new toy."

Total BS, all in the name of pure profit and higher stock prices. Typical corporate America.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:38 pm
To me, one of the larger, more overlooked aspects of this deal is that Microsoft is letting noted d***** canoe Bobby Kotick remain as CEO of Activision. Kotick reportedly did nothing to stop the toxic workplace at Activision/Blizzard and was one of the leaders of it.
Are you sure about that? I read once the sale goes through he is out.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I think MS made that decision for Kaz Hirai by buying Activision/Blizzard. MS will treat it as an exclusive studio, just like it does with Bethesda.

No doubt Activision/Blizzard's workplace culture is horrendous. But it's also pretty lame for Kaz to roll out that excuse today, of all days. A/B's toxic environment has existed for years, and now all of the sudden Sony is finding morals?

LOL.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 pm
pk500 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:38 pm
Are you sure about that? I read once the sale goes through he is out.
The initial breaking NY Times report indicated Kotick was staying. Now it appears there's more context in the full story. Excerpt:

"The transaction may be seen as a victory for Bobby Kotick, Activision’s longtime chief executive, whom some critics had sought to oust over the controversy. Mr. Kotick negotiated a big premium for investors — Microsoft is paying $95 a share, roughly 45 percent above his company’s stock price before the announcement — and he will continue running the company at least until the deal closes. The companies did not indicate if he will remain after but said the studio would report to Mr. Spencer."

So, yeah, looks like you're right, Dan. Now it reads like Kotick will have to answer to Spencer if he is kept. But the "until the deal closes" clause gives MS the option to send Kotick packing with an eight-figure severance package just to make him and his toxic vapors vanish.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This is what I read, I can't imagine MS keeping him on.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I also see a buyout deal as well once everything gets finalized. The only thing that could upset the basket cart is if the FTC gets involved and sees MS trying to gain a monopoly in the VG business.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I don't think they're allowed to specify future roles like Kotick's as of now, but hopefully the "he will depart" stories are accurate.

Here's a kicker for you - his compensation package includes a $293mm golden parachute if he's terminated (as long as it isn't for cause) following a change of control.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm
I also see a buyout deal as well once everything gets finalized. The only thing that could upset the basket cart is if the FTC gets involved and sees MS trying to gain a monopoly in the VG business.
I've been seeing this all over twitter.

Should we consider MS probably did their due diligence before dropping 70 billion? or should we listen to dude bro's whose life goals consist of playing video games, eating Cheetos and getting stoned who are now corporate law experts?

I think I'll go with Microsoft.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:29 pm
Here's a kicker for you - his compensation package includes a $293mm golden parachute if he's terminated (as long as it isn't for cause) following a change of control.
That's disgusting. I predicted it as an eight-figure severance. But nine? Gross.