ESPN NFL League

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Wow Jack, just for the Jets huh? Happy?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pigpen81 wrote:you have just witnessed the first and last time I try and help organize a league..... :D

I think I will stick to racing in the DSP Toca league and seeing you guys online randomly in other games.

Well no offense, but the reason I dropped out is because when I put my name in it was for a NFL league (hopefully 32 teams).

Now it is something different, and it is not what I am looking for. You still have more then enough people for your mini-league so I have no idea why you would be upset.
Last edited by Danimal on Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

so I have no idea why you would be upset
upset.....have I been typing in Chinese and not know it?

I never tried to undermine any league format....all I did was offer a solution to try and make everyone happy.

I could care less if it gets going or not....the reason I play is to have fun and hang out with cool DSP'rs.

I can do that with a league or without.

good luck with your dream of a 32 team league xanadu, I hope you find it and it works for you.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pigpen81 wrote:
so I have no idea why you would be upset
upset.....have I been typing in Chinese and not know it?

I never tried to undermine any league format....all I did was offer a solution to try and make everyone happy.

I could care less if it gets going or not....the reason I play is to have fun and hang out with cool DSP'rs.

I can do that with a league or without.

good luck with your dream of a 32 team league xanadu, I hope you find it and it works for you.
As you can see I edited my first message piggy after I re-read it. I didn't mean to imply you changed it personally, but that is what the message did. My bad.

It's cool I already found a more traditional league.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Guys.....calm down. Everyone's just trying to come up with league solutions so that everyone will be happy. If we can get a 32-team NFL-like league going, great. If not, then we can't. If it's not a 32-team league and you don't want to play, fine. We respect that. Just keep things calm and understand that people are throwing out suggestions in order to help, not to destroy.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I just wanna play

Fleury14
Mario Mendoza

Post by Fleury14 »

If you guys still need another player, I'll join. I was in the OS league last year.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Count me out of either the small or large league. I think I've found an alternative.

Thanks,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

The arguments have started and we havn't played a game yet :D

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I think the best thing to do is for everyone still interested in playing a full season, hop over to Pacuca's site....there seems to be many DSP'rs signed up already.

The next thing to do is to blow up this thread and pretend it never started :lol:

after that, if someone is brave enough to step up, start a new league thread.

pacuca
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by pacuca »

Thanks pigpen. Anyone interested in joining should head on over to FGN and sign up http://www.footballgamingnation.com/fgn ... sp?TID=106

We have 3 days left in our sign up period and then our league draft will begin on Monday, July 26. We will be playing a short pre-season schedule before the real season begins.

For those that don't know me or my site, I used to run the DSP football leagues and tournaments here, but started my site so I could have individual league forums/news and such that made things easier for me because as you know, organizing and running a league is very hard work.

The DSP members who have been in my leagues before can tell you that I run very well organized leagues that finish. But most of all, are a hell of a lot of fun to play in. I keep things rolling during the season and replace members that need to be replaced so your league experience is an enjoyable one.

pacuca
http://www.footballgamingnation.com

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

pacuca wrote:The DSP members who have been in my leagues before can tell you that I run very well organized leagues that finish. But most of all, are a hell of a lot of fun to play in. I keep things rolling during the season and replace members that need to be replaced so your league experience is an enjoyable one.

pacuca
Truer words have ne'er been spoken!

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Thanks pac, I just signed up.

I'll leave this to the professionals from now on.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

pac....I just joined too.

could u tell me how the draft works? we don't play as the real NFL teams?
do we draft all our players?

pacuca
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by pacuca »

Thanks Slumberland. I really enjoy organizing/running the leagues and am glad everyone is joining. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Jack,

Here is a link that explains how the draft is being run. http://www.footballgamingnation.com/fgn ... D=107&PN=1

You don't have to draft individual players, just an NFL team.

pacuca