The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by Danimal »

JOZ wrote:Man, I am struggling on my approach shots lately. Too many 3 putts too. Pretty frustrating.
Story of this game for me, can't figure out the putting to save my life. I'm on greens in regulation a lot but can't make putts.

I have mastered hitting the driver off the deck though so that has made some of the par 5's reachable.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Great job this weekend Vader... Those greens just gave me fits every round!!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Good job guys. I actually thought I played pretty well until I saw those scores. 8O

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JOZ wrote:Good job guys. I actually thought I played pretty well until I saw those scores. 8O
Everyone did great, really. I am pretty sure that the top scores were aided by a few eagles either and there on approaches, not to mention solid putting. I thought my short game was good yet ended up lipping many birdies away. But yeah, the top two scores were awesome.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

This week's tournament was one of the best we've had, and quite a turnout! I was competitive until round 3, where I had back to back triple bogey's on the back 9. I think I saved a little face in the final round with a ho-hum 66, but still finished in 8th place.

I'm going to have to go back to Pro clubs going forward for a while. I've gotten really bad at tempo control here lately, to the point of putting tee shots OOB with my steady "Perfect/Very Fast" tempos. It seems like there's such gap between Pro and Master clubs for me right now. I almost find Pro clubs not challenging enough, but I can't hit 50% GIRs with Master clubs. Still, I like the fact that the game continues to feel dynamic to me! 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I got 3 rounds in and didn't get to finish but I was tracking for last again. :D

I'm the worst putter in this game, I 4 putted more greens on that course. I 3 putted from 7 feet. LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I got 3 rounds in and didn't get to finish but I was tracking for last again. :D

I'm the worst putter in this game, I 4 putted more greens on that course. I 3 putted from 7 feet. LOL
I'm not far behind you in the quest for the title of worst putter... I drove one of the par 4's in round four and had a 36 foot putt for eagle. I wound up 4-putting for bogey! :oops: I also 3-putted the first hole in rounds three and four... great way to start off a round! Sadly though, they weren't the last 3-putts I had in either round. I can't believe how many 8 to 15 foot putts I had to make to avoid double digit 3-putts in those last two rounds.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote: I'm going to have to go back to Pro clubs going forward for a while. I've gotten really bad at tempo control here lately, to the point of putting tee shots OOB with my steady "Perfect/Very Fast" tempos.
I've switched from Master to Pro clubs too.

Maybe we need to switch to the PS4 version as I hear it's not challenging enough according to Jeffield. :roll: :wink:

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote: I've switched from Master to Pro clubs too.

Maybe we need to switch to the PS4 version as I hear it's not challenging enough according to Jeffield. :roll: :wink:

-MERACE
Yeah, he's pretty persistent about stating his position on that. I know on TGC 1 and 2, I could hit the ball straighter with the right thumbstick on the DS4 controller, but I didn't have enough feel with my right thumb for putting and touch shots. I haven't tried TGC 2019 on the PS4, but as satisfied as I am with it right now on the X, I see no reason to buy it for the PS4.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I've been having a weird glitch all week where each day that I enter our society, I am not getting the results of the previous day's tournament. Anyone else having this problem?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:I've been having a weird glitch all week where each day that I enter our society, I am not getting the results of the previous day's tournament. Anyone else having this problem?
I've had that problem, off and on, for some time now. Today I was shown the results from a tournament we played two months ago, and asked to rate the course from it!?

BTW, good tournament at Belvedere CC yesterday... only two strokes separated the field!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Thanks Merace! I think chasing you that round made me play better :D Great round!

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

FYI I sent a request to join the group in the game...hopefully you let me go hack around a little
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Zlax45 wrote:FYI I sent a request to join the group in the game...hopefully you let me go hack around a little
Accepted your request.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Played a round before our NHL session and loved it...after our NHL session took a guy on in March play and I felt like I could compete if I get my act in gear. This game seems like a ton of if you don’t care about the commentary being bland and the variety of courses is great!

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

JOZ wrote:Thanks Merace! I think chasing you that round made me play better :D Great round!
Thanks.

I played that round during the afternoon rather than my normal playing time of after midnight so I was much more alert.

It also helped that the course had mostly wide fairways and the greens were rather flat. :)

-MERACE

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Made a push at the end to finish with a -36 this weekend. Not sure it'll hold up with some good golfers behind me, but it was fun tournament!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My putting in rounds 2-4 killed my chances (as slight as they were) at challenging.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I still have round 4 to play but I know I forfeited any chances of catching up the leaders after round 3 at hole #3 or 4 near the water. For whatever reason my hook landed on a spot where it bounced right straight into the water. :evil: No biggie you would think, take a possible bogey and continue right?

Well, the game didn’t allow me to place the ball near the spot where it went for a swim but about 100 yards across the other side of the water in a 70% deep rough.

Made a mess of an approach and went downhill ever since with a triple bogey. Kept thinking about the unfair landing spot I was given and kept cursing the entire round three with just a -2 result.

Will finish my round today.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Finished the weekend tourney last evening and will likely finish last...all about getting better in future tourneys
Last edited by Zlax45 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:Well, the game didn’t allow me to place the ball near the spot where it went for a swim but about 100 yards across the other side of the water in a 70% deep rough.
Been there and I can feel your pain :( I don't know why they can't get a better handle on how to handle the drop options in cases like this :? I've rage quite tournaments in the past under similar circumstances.
Will finish my round today.
You still wound up with a strong finish so it was worth your time.

This tournament wound up with a very tight finish, and when I putted out on the 72nd hole, I thought I had finished two strokes off the lead, behind Leadfoot. I had been using my "spoiler free leaderboard" approach, and not looking at the leaderboard in between holes, so I wouldn't know the status of the ghost balls I was playing with well in advance of where they were on the course with me. I somehow thought Leadfoot was two strokes ahead of me, after I'd bogied the last par 5 hole on the course with a 4-putt from 38 feet.

I then see the final leaderboard for the first time in the round after holing out, only to see that Leadfoot and I wound up tied for the win, with two more tied a stroke back, and two more within two strokes of that... quite a finish!

I just wish to goodness that HB Studios could also figure out a way to let the leaderboard and the announcer know which holes the ghost balls/players in your group had actually finished playing and report the score on that... it totally kills the drama to know that status of your playing companions up to 12 holes beyond where they stand with you "live" on the course!?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:Finished the weekend tourney last evening and will likely finish last...all about getting betttst in future toirndys
Nice to have another player in the mix Zlax45! The secret is to keep the ball out of the heavy rough, IMO, although that's easier said than done in my case.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote: I then see the final leaderboard for the first time in the round after holing out, only to see that Leadfoot and I wound up tied for the win, with two more tied a stroke back, and two more within two strokes of that... quite a finish!
Agreed!!! Great tourney!! Congrats on the tie. :)

On an unrelated note, the only feature I wish the game had was the ability to compare your current performance on a hole to your "best" score on that hole (from the same tees) as well as your average score on that hole. I use "The Grint" on my phone in real life, and it makes re-playing a course a lot of fun when you can bring up your history and try to beat it...

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

F&$k me. The putting on this game sometimes is a joke.

Already missed 2 from inside 7 feet to cause a couple bogeys. Then had a putt from 4 feet to tie 10spro and it went left for no reason at all.

What is the deal with the putts inside of 7 or so feet on this game? Seems like certain times the ball just takes off random directions or speeds.

Sure scared the dog when I missed that last one :D

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

JOZ wrote:Sure scared the dog when I missed that last one :D
^^^^ This! So many times!!! :)