NFL 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2018

Post by XXXIV »

I am honestly disappointed.

I wanted these greasy c***.

Bear fans have really fired me up with arrogance and just total disgusting asshole _ness over the last few weeks. They have been disgusting.

They got what they deserved.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Eagle fans congrats.

Bears were in position to win that game despite the crazy calls and everything else and our shitty kicker who should of been cut a month ago missed again.

Unlike a lot of people posting today I will show some class. Hope you beat the Saint and then take care of the Cowboys.
The defenses were the show in the game. It was a crazy way to lose. NO will be tough on the road with 2 weeks off. The way the Eagles looked 6 weeks ago and now is ridiculous. Wentz couldn’t take a 3 step drop before getting hit, the secondary had injuries everywhere and the RB situation was a joke. Anything from here on in is gravy.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: The defenses were the show in the game. It was a crazy way to lose. NO will be tough on the road with 2 weeks off. The way the Eagles looked 6 weeks ago and now is ridiculous. Wentz couldn’t take a 3 step drop before getting hit, the secondary had injuries everywhere and the RB situation was a joke. Anything from here on in is gravy.
I don't know, I think in the playoffs any team with good defenses is a tough match up and the Eagles have a good D even with all the injuries.

Everyone is wondering why I'm not angry, simple this whole season is gravy and the future looks bright. Everyone did their job and Mitch put us in position to win. Parkey should of been cut a month ago I mean who guarantees a kicker 9 million but if that guys nick name isn't Doink for the rest of his life something is wrong.

Enjoyed every game this season was a fun team to route for and even if disappointed at least they were in every game. Love to see Foles win back to back Superbowls as a "back up".
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Of all the wildcard teams next week, I can only see the Chargers going against all odds and upsetting the Pats. They are underrated in my opinion, the OL is doing a fine job in protecting P. Rivers who’s probably playing his best stuff yet. This guy is about to have his 8th kid?

Maybe the cowboys...

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

It's been 6 hours and that game is still a 2x4 across my solar plexus every time I think of it.

Both sides of the ball did what they had to do to win that game.

Watching real football players literally kill themselves to win a contest only to have it decided by kickers is among the most unreasonable things in all of sports.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
Watching real football players literally kill themselves to win a contest only to have it decided by kickers is among the most unreasonable things in all of sports.
This I can agree with 100%. f***in kickers.

Ryan Pace should get executive of the year but his one dumb move this last year sunk the Bears. f***in kickers.

Yesterdays Bear fan rant aside(85 bears really?) as all fans are idiots me among the biggest fools, Work sux today. Life in Chicago is much better when the Bears win. f***in kickers.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

RobVarak wrote:It's been 6 hours and that game is still a 2x4 across my solar plexus every time I think of it.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I was shocked at how this double boink missed field goal affected me. I was pissed on behalf of all the Bears players who'd played the game well enough to win it with this field goal. I can't imagine how devastated I'd feel today if I was a bears fan.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

J_Cauthen wrote:
RobVarak wrote:It's been 6 hours and that game is still a 2x4 across my solar plexus every time I think of it.

I'm not a fan of either team, but I was shocked at how this double boink missed field goal affected me. I was pissed on behalf of all the Bears players who'd played the game well enough to win it with this field goal. I can't imagine how devastated I'd feel today if I was a bears fan.
Picture > 1000 words

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Makes me sad that might be the last image of Jordan Howard in a Bears uniform. Guy was are only offense for 2 years and now current coaching staff doesn't see him as a fit.

I'm going to miss him, he is my favorite Bear.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I just want the Patriots to lose by 56 points. :D
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Of all the wildcard teams next week, I can only see the Chargers going against all odds and upsetting the Pats. They are underrated in my opinion, the OL is doing a fine job in protecting P. Rivers who’s probably playing his best stuff yet. This guy is about to have his 8th kid?

Maybe the cowboys...
Don’t sleep on the Charger’s D. They are GOOD. Don’t be shocked if you see the Ex Charger (Brees) vs. the current Charger (Rivers) in the big dance. I just don’t think KCs D can hold.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

RobVarak wrote:
It was the OL that failed, though. But that's cool, the kicker still got booed off the field.

Diablo25 wrote: Don’t sleep on the Charger’s D. They are GOOD. Don’t be shocked if you see the Ex Charger (Brees) vs. the current Charger (Rivers) in the big dance. I just don’t think KCs D can hold.
The Chargers are freaking good, no doubt. But as a chief's fan, I feel like we bet them in second game at Arrowhead. Yes, they scored two TD's late in the 4th quarter, and nabbed the 2 point conversion to win, and that sucked. But the Chiefs defense has been getting better. Realize that the Chargers had scored just 7 points in the first half. The Chargers had just 14 points late in the 4th quarter. and since then, they have moved rookie Charvarious Ward to starting CB, and he has been a pretty big improvement over Scandrick. I think the kid will be starting for a long time.

Yeah, if the Chiefs had an average, or maybe even just simply below average defense, they would roll to Super Bowl championship. But they are what they are. They can be beaten, but they can also do their own damage.

If Sammy Watkins is healthy, I think they are the best team in the NFL. Without him, they are among the best teams in the AFC. Seriously, his presence makes the offense almost unstoppable. He keeps safeties honest, instead of focusing on Hill. Once you have that going on, it opens up Kelce and the stable of running backs. And when the offense is rolling, as they did earlier in the season, it forces teams into becoming more aggressive, and that helps the Chiefs defense, which might give up a lot of yards, but they also have a lethal pass rush and force a lot of turnovers.

But then, the number one ding on Watkins coming into the season was his injury history, and here we are.

As fan, I can't wait to watch. I'm more like Danimal on this season. The team did not assume Mahomes would be Pro Bowl caliber, let along historically successful. But they surrounded him with tools and a plan that would help him develop this season. The defense was being torn down, and all they really added were draftees. Kendall Fuller was solid addition, but didn't replace Marcus Peters performance in previous seasons. Hitchens seemed like a good add, but definitely did not live up to Derrick Johnson's legacy. The plan was to mostly let the draft picks take over. The defense was bad last year, and not one addition was better than they had before.

Then the offense was so good that it changed everything, including expectations. But that doesn't mean their plan to focus on offense and rebuild the defense over two years was a bad plan. It means this season has been the tastiest gravy of all-time, regardless of what happens next.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Maybe the cowboys...
Not just maybe.

Elliot led the league in rushing for the Cowboys.

The Rams rush D has been even worse than their pass D . A total train wreck. They were dead last in the league in yards per carry allowed. 5.1 f***in yards per carry they gave up.

Rams a 7 point favorite? If I was a betting man and not a Rams fan I would be all over the Cowboys.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Aristo wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
It was the OL that failed, though. But that's cool, the kicker still got booed off the field.
The OL failed because he has too weak a leg to put the normal trajectory on a routine kick? They didn't give an inch and it was only touched because he had to muscle up and drive it lower. If you watch the kick that happened immediately after the time out, he barely made it over the crossbar. The mascot caught the kick just behind the goal post. That was clearly on his mind and he tried to drive it to compensate.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
Aristo wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
The OL failed because he has too weak a leg to put the normal trajectory on a routine kick? They didn't give an inch and it was only touched because he had to muscle up and drive it lower. If you watch the kick that happened immediately after the time out, he barely made it over the crossbar. The mascot caught the kick just behind the goal post. That was clearly on his mind and he tried to drive it to compensate.
Exactly.

Kick was low.

A kick of that length has no need to be driven low now does it?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:
Maybe the cowboys...
Not just maybe.

Elliot led the league in rushing for the Cowboys.

The Rams rush D has been even worse than their pass D . A total train wreck. They were dead last in the league in yards per carry allowed. 5.1 f***in yards per carry they gave up.

Rams a 7 point favorite? If I was a betting man and not a Rams fan I would be all over the Cowboys.
Prescott will be the reason the Cowboys won’t get to the Super Bowl.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Game should have gone to penalty kicks.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My picks for the weekend purely on a I can't stand the other team basis.

KC
Rams
Chargers
Eagles
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:My picks for the weekend purely on a I can't stand the other team basis.

KC
Rams
Chargers
Eagles
Eagles? I’ll take the support!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: Eagles? I’ll take the support!
Told you before the game if the Bears were going t lose, I'd rather it be to the Eagles. Foles story hits close to home, guy who is finally getting a shot and making it work for him. I hope he wins the whole thing again and forces the Eagles hand.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: Eagles? I’ll take the support!
Told you before the game if the Bears were going t lose, I'd rather it be to the Eagles. Foles story hits close to home, guy who is finally getting a shot and making it work for him. I hope he wins the whole thing again and forces the Eagles hand.
I don’t understand the ‘finally getting a shot’ argument. He’s been a starter several times before. I LOVE what he’s doing for the Eagles but there are a lot of people in Philly stupidly clamoring g for the organization to trade Wentz That is LUNACY. Classic sports talk radio Bullwinkle talk.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote: I don’t understand the ‘finally getting a shot’ argument. He’s been a starter several times before. I LOVE what he’s doing for the Eagles but there are a lot of people in Philly stupidly clamoring g for the organization to trade Wentz That is LUNACY. Classic sports talk radio Bullwinkle talk.
The NFL like most sports is all about stigma, if you get one attached to you early whether it is true or not it is hard to shake. For example there are still people who hate Trubisky because Pace traded up a spot to get him. Like the kid had any say in where he was drafted, then sports pundits started saying you really can't count on him, pretty much based on nothing and that is now the national perception of a young kid, on his second system in 2 years with 13 games of experience in college. So maybe not so much getting his shot with Foles but showing the stigma attached to him maybe weren't justified.

As for Wentz it's not my team but he hasn't done anything and if Foles wins back to back superbowls and he walks, well that will be interesting to say the least. Sometimes a QB can be more talented then another one, have a better arm, better upside but the other guy with less talent just gets the job done and wins games. Chemistry is a weird thing...
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:My picks for the weekend purely on a I can't stand the other team basis.

KC
Rams
Chargers
Eagles
I'm with you on the first 3 but would like to see Brees and the Saints beat the Eagles.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Complete game by the Chiefs. The defense came up big. Williams ran the ball with authority. And Mahomes was unphased by the playoff pressure. First home playoff win in a long long time.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

State of officiating is horrible in the NFL.
Follow Me on: