Fortnite

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Fortnite

Post by Diablo25 »

I looked for as Fortnite thread and couldn't find one soooo...

I’ve been playing Fortnite for a bit and its a fun game. I enjoy PUBG more but Fortnite has its positives. One of those positives is the new mobile version which I got an invite to today. Damn, its a hell of a mobile game. The controls are done very well. That being said, they are still clunky but hey its on the iPhone. I just finished 13th in my second game...even got 2 kills which I have a hard time doing on the XB1 :D. Epic got this right. Game is going to be even more popular.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fortnite

Post by Diablo25 »

Just made it to the final 2 and got beat. Son of a...
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

My 9 year old has been all over Fortnite for a while. I am sure you see my Gamertag playing it a lot. He has around 11 wins.

It is also all my middle school male students have been talking about for the past month as well as players on the high school baseball team.

It is getting huge.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm a PUBG guy. Prefer the realism. But I see the appeal of Fortnite to the younger set. The building mechanism and cartoony graphics combine PUBG with Minecraft.

Piggy is right: Fortnite is HUGE with tweens and teens. My 13-year-old son has played no other game since Christmas. Seriously. It's astonishing. He and his local friends play Fortnite together all weekend on XBL if they're not doing chores or at a sports game or practice.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

My 14 yo loves Fortnite. He and his friends play in squads of four..

So, I sat down and watched my son play. He came around a corner and got into a firefight... AND STARTED BUNNY HOPPING AROUND TRYING TO SHOOT AND DODGE. Of course, the other player just stayed still and blasted him.

I've failed as a father.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:My 9 year old has been all over Fortnite for a while. I am sure you see my Gamertag playing it a lot. He has around 11 wins.

It is also all my middle school male students have been talking about for the past month as well as players on the high school baseball team.

It is getting huge.
Fortnite is ALL my students and baseball team talk about.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Maybe that's why I can't seem to get into it. The 14 year olds like it...lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

OK, I'm going to give this a try.

For those of you who have put any time into it at all, what is the one thing you've learned playing it that I need to know? (Other than that I'm too old and my reflexes are going to get me killed?)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

At the end game you, or someone on your team, need to have the building mechanics mastered in order to win. No stupid building and the realism makes PUBG so much better IMO.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:At the end game you, or someone on your team, need to have the building mechanics mastered in order to win. No stupid building and the realism makes PUBG so much better IMO.
Agree. Both games are very fun, but Fortnite is too much Minecraft for my tastes. I'm addicted to PUBG.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I'm definitely being sucked into this more than I was PUBG. I prefer the cartoony graphics, and the loopy vibe of the game as a whole, to the what I felt was sort of an empty, dull environment in PUBG.

The building aspect is pretty crazy, but it's manageable. What I absolutely couldn't deal with in PUBG was the weapon add-ons. I'm have min/max OCD, and these games just don't give you the time or space to do that properly. I was always trying to balance optimizing my layout with keeping my ass in the game properly. The more streamlined equipment in Fortnite is appealing to me because it eliminates this. Sure, you can't trick out your weapons, but they make up for it with some fun and epic gear that doesn't need to be tuned up.

I get why fans of one dislike the other, but it sure looks like the genre is robust enough to support both camps and then some for the time being.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

RobVarak wrote:I get why fans of one dislike the other, but it sure looks like the genre is robust enough to support both camps and then some for the time being.
Thta's for sure. I've been reading of some new Battle Royale IPs in development. Also rumors that both COD and Battlefield may be adding Battle Royale modes to their next games.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I just can't get into fortnite. The tension created by PUBG is something I just never feel in fortnite.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Totally get where you're coming from, Rob. But like Teal, I just can't get into Fortnite.

The vast, empty feeling that sometimes descends upon PUBG only ramps up the tension. I can go 10 minutes without seeing or hearing a soul and then all of the sudden, one rifle crack from nowhere ends the game for me. I LOVE that.

You're also right in that Fortnite and PUBG are different enough in scope and execution to appeal to many gamers. There's a HUGE player base for both games, and I doubt it will recede any time soon.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Nothing like going 10-15 minutes of utter silence in PUBG and then you here a buggy in the distance or footsteps in the building you are in and about s*** yourself :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:Thta's for sure. I've been reading of some new Battle Royale IPs in development. Also rumors that both COD and Battlefield may be adding Battle Royale modes to their next games.
Battle Royale is the next MOBA. Going to be tons of games including it and most will likely suck.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation