HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:We had an October record turnout yesterday for the DSP PC Society Tournament at Patience Hollow Golf Club (Tour), 4 players :) It was a very competitive tournament, with only 4 strokes separating first from fourth.
Ya, it was nice to see that no one(s) was running away with the lead.
J_Cauthen wrote:Meanwhile, congratulations to MERACE for winning his first tournament on the PC Society Season 2 Tour at Jasper Trace, on Tuesday.
I ran away with that one with a final score of +4. :wink: (I was the only participant in that event. :oops: )
J_Cauthen wrote:I'm thinking about changing up the format for the PC Tour just a bit. How does the idea of a 5 day weekly, with two Dailies per week strike you? I know I have weeks where I'm hard pressed to get the four rounds of the Weekly in four days, especially now with the football season going.
I'm good with anything you suggest. I really appreciate you taking the time to setup the tournaments for our Society. :D

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

The DSP PC Society is at Olympia Fields for this weeks 72 hole tournament. This course has a very special, ambiance capturing feel to it... there's something eerily majestic about it. It's also a very tough challenge... you can't hit a downhill putt too soft on this course. I finally left a downhill birdie putt 1 foot short of the hole for the first time on the 15th hole of round 2 today! I think this course would be a lot more playable with medium-fast, instead of fast greens.

I know it will be a borderline frustration inducing course in some cases, but I'll proudly take my slightly under par score through 36 holes, and look back fondly on the play that it took for me to tally that score. I'd love to see at least five of us turn out to play this tournament... I should have made it a "Major" on this track!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Does this game have a hot key to turn off shadows on greens? If not it desperately needs one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Does this game have a hot key to turn off shadows on greens? If not it desperately needs one.
Unfortunately no, but it's an option I'd like to have. The shadows on the green in the game are far more distracting than real life, especially when the wind it causing the shadows of the limbs to sway rapidly.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:Does this game have a hot key to turn off shadows on greens? If not it desperately needs one.
:lol: 8) Just finished playing the weekend event on the Xbox tournament and as much as I loved the course, there were some annoying branches that absolutely covered your reading line.

Just finished posting on the Battlefront thread about the annoying micro transactions, hey don’t be surprised if such shadows that you can counter can indeed be turned off for a price. :lol:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:The DSP PC Society is at Olympia Fields for this weeks 72 hole tournament. This course has a very special, ambiance capturing feel to it... there's something eerily majestic about it. It's also a very tough challenge... you can't hit a downhill putt too soft on this course. I finally left a downhill birdie putt 1 foot short of the hole for the first time on the 15th hole of round 2 today! I think this course would be a lot more playable with medium-fast, instead of fast greens.

I know it will be a borderline frustration inducing course in some cases, but I'll proudly take my slightly under par score through 36 holes, and look back fondly on the play that it took for me to tally that score. I'd love to see at least five of us turn out to play this tournament... I should have made it a "Major" on this track!
Agreed JC....it is a nice course and very challenging.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Xbox One update now available, 3.9 GB.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:Xbox One update now available, 3.9 GB.
I got it yesterday. I really don't know what it did.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:
vader29 wrote:Xbox One update now available, 3.9 GB.
I got it yesterday. I really don't know what it did.
Terrible update with scoring, in a tournament shows opponents score starting on the 9th hole and then just shows their end of round score at the end and your score is combined of all the rounds you played so far, really ugly looking, should have just kept it the way it was.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Terrible update with scoring, in a tournament shows opponents score starting on the 9th hole and then just shows their end of round score at the end and your score is combined of all the rounds you played so far, really ugly looking, should have just kept it the way it was.
I should have posted this caution earlier, after seeing Tim announce the Update's availability; the tournament leaderboard isn't going to work the way they designed it in the update unless the tournament is created after the update is in place. It's got scores now that it doesn't know what to do with because they were cataloged via the previous build. The same thing happened when the PC update was released, three weeks ago.

OTOH, unless they've changed something from the PC version update, the XBox One version is still going to have a leaderboard that tips of the scores of the other players in the tournament, anywhere from 1 to 11 holes ahead of you, even the ghost or ghosts you've chosen to play your round with.

It's ironic, the in-game, real-time scoring status field in the main game screen's upper left hand corner shows the correct stroke count for the hole, current number of strokes over or under par for the round, and the overall score for the "event", including previous rounds played. Yet, when the hole is over, it shows your playing companion as being -4 through 10 holes, whereas you just finished the first hole with him where he was even.

I don't know why HBS couldn't have just pulled the ghost player(s) you chosen to play your round with out of the staggered leaderboard at the end of each hole, and simply synced those ghost player rounds up with yours on the leaderboard :?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I rage quit midway through round 3 after I 5 putted from 7 feet.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I rage quit midway through round 3 after I 5 putted from 7 feet.
:D I almost rage quit in the XBox One Society tournament first round this evening. I did not hit one full shot in the cone in the last 7 holes. I stood on the 13th tee and executed 25 to 30 practice swings... not one of them was in the cone, which I was missing both right and left.

Granted, I was using the worst of my fleet of XBox One controllers (the other two were absconded by my son and taken a gathering of his gaming friends), but I was -2 after 11 holes, when I was called away for dinner. I came back 40 minutes later and resumed my round, promptly shanking my tee shot on the 12th. I hit three successive shanks on the 15th, and that's when I darn near rage quit. :oops:

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote:I rage quit midway through round 3 after I 5 putted from 7 feet.
I didn’t even make it through the first round. :roll:

-MERACE

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Good shooting on the weekend tourney Vader. Now I am pretty sure that I shot more than my current -5 score, yet it’s not really showing. Something weird with the update.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Good shooting on the weekend tourney Vader. Now I am pretty sure that I shot more than my current -5 score, yet it’s not really showing. Something weird with the update.
Yeah I played your ghost in the final round and couldn’t catch you, I think I finished 5 or 6 strokes behind you.

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

The leaderboard is definitely screwed up. I actually thought I was winning yet I think you beat me by a stroke or 2. What a mess.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Bakes wrote:The leaderboard is definitely screwed up. I actually thought I was winning yet I think you beat me by a stroke or 2. What a mess.
It won't work like they designed it (which IMO is still a spoiler, although not as much of a spoiler leaderboard as before the patch) until the next tournament. The reason being that this tournament started before the update was released and the update wasn't equipped to handle such circumstances.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Congrats to 10s on the weekend victory!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

On the PC side this past week, Tim eked out a forty shot victory at Olympia Fields CC, with a -33 total, that included a 59 in the second round. This ain't no cup cake course, as it had me on the verge of rage quitting twice (and I should have after my seven putt green on my way to an 83 in the final round :oops: ), and Tim's 247, 72 hole total there is a superhuman feat!

I know one thing... this week's 72 hole stop won't be on a Firm/Fast course. My nerves can't take anymore of that for a while!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:On the PC side this past week, Tim eked out a forty shot victory
eked out huh? Who finished besides you? :D
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:On the PC side this past week, Tim eked out a forty shot victory at Olympia Fields CC, with a -33 total, that included a 59 in the second round. This ain't no cup cake course, as it had me on the verge of rage quitting twice (and I should have after my seven putt green on my way to an 83 in the final round :oops: ), and Tim's 247, 72 hole total there is a superhuman feat!

I know one thing... this week's 72 hole stop won't be on a Firm/Fast course. My nerves can't take anymore of that for a while!
Thanks....some luck involved there. Finally getting my swing back and practicing alot for the TGC Tours.

Won y first tournament on the Web.com tour after a 3 year hiatus and then placed in the Top 60 of the PGA TOUR TOUR Championship with my sponsors exemption for winning on the Web.com. Making the cut would have ordinarily put me on the PGA TOUR , but a realignment of the TOURS has me placed on the Euro Tour to start Season 4. Hoping to play well enough to get another sponsors exemption to the PGA and hopefully stay there and compete for a while. Would like to make it to the elite World TOUR, but those guys run circles around me....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:On the PC side this past week, Tim eked out a forty shot victory
eked out huh? Who finished besides you? :D
I'll put it this way, 50% of the field of four rage quit :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Eve though I didn't do very well, todays course for the PC instantly became one of my favorites. It shows you can have fast greens without making them shitty roller coasters. What a nice lay out with plenty risk / reward.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

So if you have play by play John turned on he spoils the leaderboard by giving the leaders totall final score for the round early and often.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:So if you have play by play John turned on he spoils the leaderboard by giving the leaders totall final score for the round early and often.
Supposedly they are looking into that....