Ghost Recon Wildlands

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands

Post by RobVarak »

Teal wrote:Yes, I think they are most definitely more lethal. Okay, PK, Bill, Rob, Terry, this is worth the purchase. I didn't like playing solo before, because I could use the AI guys and pretty much run the table. Not any more. For starters, the elite snipers are deadly. They will pick you off quickly if you don't take care of them first. Secondly, I think the AI in general is better. They will flank more efficiently, and seem to seek cover better. Just got mowed down in a sniper tower, and never saw it coming. Only one guy snuck up the tower stairs, while the rest provided cover fire and kept me focused on them. Awesome. THIS is the dlc we were waiting for. I'm seriously considering waiting to do any more until you guys pick this up and we can Co op. I love it.
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm on it.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:I'm sure I have it--the problem is my house went up for sale today, so my time for the next few months will be sketchy at best. I've spent the past couple of weeks doing all that little crap you have to do to prep a place to hit the market, so not sure what sort of time I'll have to play. What little time I HAVE had to play recently has been in 30 minute bursts or so.

Sorry, man!
No worries! Been there, done that, got the gray hair to prove it... Lol
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

just getting back into the solo game and really enjoying it. I think I'm about 80% through.

Sounds like the 2nd DLC is worth picking up.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Sudz wrote:just getting back into the solo game and really enjoying it. I think I'm about 80% through.

Sounds like the 2nd DLC is worth picking up.
Without question.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Maybe I'm so happy because Narco Road was so bad, but I love this dlc. It does seem to scream co-op more than the main game. The missions have been longer and more multifaceted than I remember in the main game... And harder. Without giving anything away, I have a feeling it's about to get even more challenging. I've only found about 3 missions in one area, they're not brand new, but the guys talk about how this and that used to be a stronghold for the cartel and such.

So all that said, anyone up for some action this next week?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So... That's a... No... I'm guessing...?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:So... That's a... No... I'm guessing...?
Busy with work, dude. Don't think I'm spending $15 on the DLC any time soon, as I'm still a long ways from finishing the regular game.

Not gaming much since I returned from Indy. Only DIRT Rally is getting any time. And I'm back to Indy next week for a race.

Sorry.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sorry Teal only have it for the PC. I learned my lesson about buying things for DSP. got RS Siege when everyone was talking it up, moment I got it never another session. Got GRWL to play with dudes and every time I got on people had full sessions, no w summer is here and no one is playing.

I know how you feel though because this DLC needs 4 humans, I tried it with randoms and that swore me off doing that again, EVER.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Eh, well, this is really a large reason why I took so long to enter the new console generation. Just means I'm going to be much more discerning about purchases in the future. I'm glad I got this one, don't get me wrong, and had a blast while it was the new hotness, but the DSP forum effect just means something very different now. Again, I get it, but...sigh.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I feel like you Xbox guys got a better run with coop then I did on the PC, Only Terry and one other guy I knew have it on the PC. My PC group is really just a battlefield group, they play BF1 every day, I mean EVERY day. Personally I get sick of playing the same thing every day.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Teal wrote:Eh, well, this is really a large reason why I took so long to enter the new console generation. Just means I'm going to be much more discerning about purchases in the future. I'm glad I got this one, don't get me wrong, and had a blast while it was the new hotness, but the DSP forum effect just means something very different now. Again, I get it, but...sigh.
I still fully plan on diving into the new DLC, but it doesn't fit your timetable, I don't think. I'm in Texas all weekend, and doing a bunch of work around the house lately so I haven't been on most evenings for more than a few minutes here and there.

But I'd have told you that--never buy something for the DSP group specifically planning for co-op unless it's still going on a couple of months later (NHL being the lone exception in these parts). I consider any co-op session that pops up surprising. And I played GRWL for more than a month every night for hours. That's a ton more than I've put into any other recent game that wasn't an MMO, by far. GRWL is one of the few that I think I got way more than my money's worth with.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I bought it digitally, Terry, so I'll still have it whenever you get around to it... Lol. Same with Paul. And Rob. And whomever else. I think my frustration is two fold. One, that the first dlc killed the mood, and second, that this dlc is so damned good, yet they killed the mood.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:I bought it digitally, Terry, so I'll still have it whenever you get around to it... Lol. Same with Paul. And Rob. And whomever else. I think my frustration is two fold. One, that the first dlc killed the mood, and second, that this dlc is so damned good, yet they killed the mood.
My gaming mood was killed by the joyous monster called the 101st Indianapolis 500. That race consumed my life for the intense parts of the buildup throughout April and then going to Indy for three straight weeks in May to work the race.

GRW is a GREAT game. But I'm not doing much gaming at all these days, with the longer days, busy work schedule in racing season and NBA Playoffs on TV. I'll get back to it; it's not leaving my gaming stack.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Well, eff all y'all, the new expansion is killer, even if I have to play alone... Lol. Seriously, they've added new weather effects, and a damned thunderstorm at night with fog is impossible to see through. Flying a helo into a mountain is a very real possibility. Trust me... Lol. The fog also makes approaching a base full of baddies touchy, doubly so if they have a jammer...whew. I'm telling you, get this expansion!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I got to play this for about 10 minutes last night, and it did seem cool. I still don't know how I feel about the whole "entirely separate characters" concept to their DLC, but digging back into GRWL was still a cool feeling.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally getting back into this one. I played the hell out of it for about 2 weeks and then it went dormant when (I think) The Show came out. I saw that the fall update is finally going to have 4 man PvP. Should be fun.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:Finally getting back into this one. I played the hell out of it for about 2 weeks and then it went dormant when (I think) The Show came out. I saw that the fall update is finally going to have 4 man PvP. Should be fun.
Fallen Ghosts is awesome, btw. Not that I can get any of you goobers to join me or anything... Lol

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Finally getting back into this one. I played the hell out of it for about 2 weeks and then it went dormant when (I think) The Show came out. I saw that the fall update is finally going to have 4 man PvP. Should be fun.
Fallen Ghosts is awesome, btw. Not that I can get any of you goobers to join me or anything... Lol
Still have several provinces to clear in the original story. Love the game.

Hit me up dude. I'd play some coop with you. Could use the help killing these sons a bitches!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:

Hit me up dude. I'd play some coop with you. Could use the help killing these sons a bitches!
Will do!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:

Count me in, too!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Good times helping me on that prison mission Teal. Forgot how fun cooping with this game is.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

This and the Division are THE co-op games to own, imo. Enjoyed it, too. Gotta do it again when mics work... Lol

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So Ubisoft added a "tier" leveling up program to the game, and you start at tier 50, with the goal of getting to tier 1. Along the way, you aquire points for upgrades, as well as some in game swag, like apparel, and the like. It's gotten me right back into the game after completing Fallen Ghosts (which is still incredibly awesome). Anyone up for some co-op this fine evening???

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:This and the Division are THE co-op games to own, imo. Enjoyed it, too. Gotta do it again when mics work... Lol
I'll add Terrorist Hunt in Rainbow Six: Siege to the list of co-op games to own, too.

All three current Clancy games by Ubisoft are tremendous. They're not leaving my collection -- which is notorious for ruthless churn -- any time soon.

One other EPIC co-op game: Frontier Defense in Titanfall 2. Strategic and fun, with more sh*t blowing up than in an Kim Jong Un acid trip.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Just picked this up the other day. A buddy of mine and I have been jumping into Co-Op campaign most nights. Anyone wanna join us one night soon?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco