HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by Bakes »

vader29 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
Bakes wrote:That was the best round I've had in a long time in this game. I was up to -11 at one point but bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes.
'
That is a smokin' round on this course... kudos!
Yep awesome round bakes! I had a couple holes with long eagle putts that turned into even longer birdie putts and eventually ended up as bogeys.
Thanks! I just couldn't catch you in yesterday's daily. I was -3 through 9 and then doubled the par 3 10th (to which my golfer started jumping around like I won the Masters :x ) and never could get back over the hump. Really enjoying this game despite it's flaws.

Glad to hear some positive reports from Houston. Living up in Buffalo I can't fathom what 50+ inches of rain is like. We had 2-3 in a few hours a couple weeks ago and that seemed like a ton.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Bakes wrote: Glad to hear some positive reports from Houston. Living up in Buffalo I can't fathom what 50+ inches of rain is like. We had 2-3 in a few hours a couple weeks ago and that seemed like a ton.
http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/30/texas ... s-15-days/

Something someone from Buffalo can fathom :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

We're at Augusta National (the latest version by Royce) this week in the DSP PS4 Society, and Burrowing Owl GC for the PC Society.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:My last post about Hurricane Harvey and my apologies for the threadjack....

We dodged a Tomahawk missile with Harvey here. Street is dry, sun is out, cool breeze is blowing and no water in the house. We are all so very thankful for our good fortune. Ended up with 52 inches of rainfall in my neighborhood and the drainage worked beyond belief.

Stats are that 9 TRILLION gallons of water fell on the Houston area from Friday to Monday. You could fill the Great Salt Lake twice or fill the Empire State Building 34,000 times. We still have tremendous flooding concerns with rivers and bayous that have yet to full crest.

We continue to pray for those who were not so fortunate. I am so thankful to see this city and this state come together as ONE and I am so very thankful for the many folks from other states who selflessly and courageously came here to help us in our time of need. The response to this horrific weather event is what is GREAT about Houstonians, Texans, our neighbors from those states who rallied to our cause, and Americans. Thank God for all the First responders or we surely would have had far more fatalities and lost souls than we do. I am so humbled by this experience.
Glad most of your news is positive!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:My last post about Hurricane Harvey and my apologies for the threadjack....

We dodged a Tomahawk missile with Harvey here. Street is dry, sun is out, cool breeze is blowing and no water in the house. We are all so very thankful for our good fortune. Ended up with 52 inches of rainfall in my neighborhood and the drainage worked beyond belief.

Stats are that 9 TRILLION gallons of water fell on the Houston area from Friday to Monday. You could fill the Great Salt Lake twice or fill the Empire State Building 34,000 times. We still have tremendous flooding concerns with rivers and bayous that have yet to full crest.

We continue to pray for those who were not so fortunate. I am so thankful to see this city and this state come together as ONE and I am so very thankful for the many folks from other states who selflessly and courageously came here to help us in our time of need. The response to this horrific weather event is what is GREAT about Houstonians, Texans, our neighbors from those states who rallied to our cause, and Americans. Thank God for all the First responders or we surely would have had far more fatalities and lost souls than we do. I am so humbled by this experience.
Glad most of your news is positive!
Thanks....I wish I could say so for all of the folks displaced from their homes. Estimate is 100,000 homes are flooded in the Houston area alone.

Rainfall estimates now are at 20-24.5 trillion gallons for the Houston area.

Unfreakingreal.

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

F308GTB wrote:
Bakes wrote: Glad to hear some positive reports from Houston. Living up in Buffalo I can't fathom what 50+ inches of rain is like. We had 2-3 in a few hours a couple weeks ago and that seemed like a ton.
http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/30/texas ... s-15-days/

Something someone from Buffalo can fathom :D
8O 8O 8O

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, for the duration of that, I was amazed we were as lucky as we were...2 blocks to the Northeast, rescue requests on that Houston Harvey Rescue site. A block and a half to the West, more rescue requests. Street was a river, but we didn't end up with any flooding in the house.

The strobe-light lightning storm that was flashing every 2 to 5 seconds was crazy, and the rain falling so thick and hard that I couldn't see more than 15 feet out my front door was like nothing I've ever seen...but to get out the back end of it with no property damage is a massive, massive blessing. I feel for all of the people around here who were not as lucky.

My town ended up being "spared" to some extent, and yet there are still roads and businesses under water:

...and yeah. I thought about making a Harvey thread so we'd stop threadjacking the TGC2 thread, but it sort of seems to have settled in here. Sorry about that, guys.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Next TGC2 Update Items (Incomplete)

Hi Folks,

There have been some comments and questions about what we are planning with the next update for TGC2. I have a list below of some of the top items we will be knocking off but it’s not a complete list. As we get closer to first party review for the next update I will share a more information. Unfortunately I currently don’t have an estimated date for when the update will be submitted for review but I will keep you updated on that as well.

• Additional stat tracking: Par, Birdies, Eagles, Albatross, and Hole-In-One, etc…
• Staggered Leaderboards: This will hide results of those who have already completed an event and they will progress as you complete your rounds.
• Additional Sorting Filters for finding Societies to join.
• Tuning to Career Mode AI.
• Addition of an option for Society Presidents to ban users they suspect of cheating.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.p ... 264865#new

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Wow--what garbage. The PS4 is at Augusta. Looks beautiful but after two rounds I sit +20. I reached 13 in 2. Had a 5 footer. Literally barely moved the putter-it lips out and rolls 40+ feet past. Watched the replay-putter barely moves. On the comebacker-the ball gets within 18 inches and then rolls all the way back down past where it started. Thats not golf. I don't care that I suck--but this is ridiculous.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MUTTS wrote:Wow--what garbage. The PS4 is at Augusta. Looks beautiful but after two rounds I sit +20. I reached 13 in 2. Had a 5 footer. Literally barely moved the putter-it lips out and rolls 40+ feet past. Watched the replay-putter barely moves. On the comebacker-the ball gets within 18 inches and then rolls all the way back down past where it started. Thats not golf. I don't care that I suck--but this is ridiculous.
Welcome to The Golf Club...1 & 2. Some of the stuff is just bonkers.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Upcoming Xbox One Events:

That will be 40 events which is max for society level 8 which we are at, we will get to level 9 which is 45 events after this weekends tourney ends and then I think level 10 will cost 100,000 coins which may take a bit to get to.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I forgot to factor in the impact of a full college football weekend on my golf gaming time... I was able to finish out the PC and PS4 Society 72 holers yesterday, but forgot about last night's two excellent football games. I fell asleep while my XBox One was loading up round 2, and then 6 hours later I wake up to find that it's 6:30 AM :oops: :)

I wanted to put out a special plug to today's Daily in the PS4 Society event. It's being held at what I now consider my favorite fictional course in the game; Kingston Park, by Antisparojez (his PS4 handle is slightly different, can't remember what it is exactly). If you're a PS4 player, this one might pump some 'want to' back into your veins. It is set in a upscale, countryside residential area and the care with which the residences, streets, cartpaths, landscape designs, etc. have been woven into what I consider to be an excellent test of golf.

The only knock against it is that it's a bit object heavy, and pushes the PS4 to its limit... the frame rate gets a little chunky at times, but I adapted to it. I want to stop an take pictures when I play this course... don't miss it!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:I forgot to factor in the impact of a full college football weekend on my golf gaming time... I was able to finish out the PC and PS4 Society 72 holers yesterday, but forgot about last night's two excellent football games. I fell asleep while my XBox One was loading up round 2, and then 6 hours later I wake up to find that it's 6:30 AM :oops: :)

I wanted to put out a special plug to today's Daily in the PS4 Society event. It's being held at what I now consider my favorite fictional course in the game; Kingston Park, by Antisparojez (his PS4 handle is slightly different, can't remember what it is exactly). If you're a PS4 player, this one might pump some 'want to' back into your veins. It is set in a upscale, countryside residential area and the care with which the residences, streets, cartpaths, landscape designs, etc. have been woven into what I consider to be an excellent test of golf.

The only knock against it is that it's a bit object heavy, and pushes the PS4 to its limit... the frame rate gets a little chunky at times, but I adapted to it. I want to stop an take pictures when I play this course... don't miss it!
Apologies in advance for the threadjack.....

Only one good game, IMO.....puking up a 34 point lead with 16 minutes left in the game is not my idea of a good game.

I hope this finally brings an end to Kevin Sumlin at Texas A&M. He looked good as long as Manziel was around....ever since he had been exposed to be mediocre at best.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:Only one good game, IMO.....puking up a 34 point lead with 16 minutes left in the game is not my idea of a good game.
Oooops... I forgot that you were an Aggie. I'm not a UCLA fan, and that was mostly why that game didn't come out like I wanted. I think coaching had a lot to do with the outcome of that game, as it got to the point where there teams look like they were following a script. I sensed the game was over when UCLA scored to make it 44-31. Now watch A&M go on and beat Alabama now! :)
I hope this finally brings an end to Kevin Sumlin at Texas A&M. He looked good as long as Manziel was around....ever since he had been exposed to be mediocre at best.
They were fun to watch in those days, and they've had some decent teams since, but they just never seem to be able to get the consistency they should have.

BTW... that was a first class rump-roastin' you put on me and Gibbius in the PC Society weekly! Guys, Tim put up a -46, I believe it was at Burrowing Owl 8O I was 21 shots back at -25 and Gibbius was -10. I never could figure out the par 5's at that course. I played them at -2 for the week, bogeying 3 of them!? I played with your ghost in every round, and I've got shell shock from hearing pins rattle. I'd be studying a 15 foot birdie putt, and you'd be 25 yards off the green and the next thing I know, the pin is being slapped and I'm watching your ball disappear into the cup. Meanwhile, my birdie putt would run by in my desperation to keep pace with you, and I'd leave myself a comebacker I couldn't make. :?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Pebble Beach Xbox One weekend tourney results:

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Only one good game, IMO.....puking up a 34 point lead with 16 minutes left in the game is not my idea of a good game.
Oooops... I forgot that you were an Aggie. I'm not a UCLA fan, and that was mostly why that game didn't come out like I wanted. I think coaching had a lot to do with the outcome of that game, as it got to the point where there teams look like they were following a script. I sensed the game was over when UCLA scored to make it 44-31. Now watch A&M go on and beat Alabama now! :)
They were fun to watch in those days, and they've had some decent teams since, but they just never seem to be able to get the consistency they should have.

BTW... that was a first class rump-roastin' you put on me and Gibbius in the PC Society weekly! Guys, Tim put up a -46, I believe it was at Burrowing Owl 8O I was 21 shots back at -25 and Gibbius was -10. I never could figure out the par 5's at that course. I played them at -2 for the week, bogeying 3 of them!? I played with your ghost in every round, and I've got shell shock from hearing pins rattle. I'd be studying a 15 foot birdie putt, and you'd be 25 yards off the green and the next thing I know, the pin is being slapped and I'm watching your ball disappear into the cup. Meanwhile, my birdie putt would run by in my desperation to keep pace with you, and I'd leave myself a comebacker I couldn't make. :?
A&M will not beat Alabama ever again as long as Kevin Sumlin is HC. I am not sure he survives the week. Hope not so they can move on because no way does that team come back knowing they coughed up a lead like that.

Wish A&M football was playing as well as I am playing right now with TGC2.....I am in a pretty good groove finally. New Elite controller finally figured out and I am still learning some things about this new swing that really pleases me.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Congrats Vader...You bastard. :twisted:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Congrats Vader...You bastard. :twisted:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

vader29 wrote:

So THATS HOW YOU DO IT! 8O

LOL..... :D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:
vader29 wrote:

So THATS HOW YOU DO IT! 8O

LOL..... :D
It's called the Vader bounce... :lol:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Had a few bad holes on today's daily...as usual :). Ended up tying 10s at +1. I did like the course. I have been avoiding the weekend 4 rounders. I've been busy and 4 rounds is tough sometimes.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'll have to start a new PC Society season today. We ran out of events after yesterday's Daily, and we're nowhere near the cash needed in the bank to buy level 8. It will start before noon I'd guess.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Gee weez, if you want to lower your HCP, do play today's' daily.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

10spro wrote:Gee weez, if you want to lower your HCP, do play today's' daily.
Yep. If form holds, my -6 will once again be bringing up the rear, so scoring will be crazy.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I've been late getting the Dailies up on the PC side a couple of times this week in both the PC and PS4 Societies. It wasn't until today that I finally got a handle on a flaw that exists in the tournament setting process. You either have to schedule the event more than 24 hours in advance of the planned start time - keeping in mind that all events start at 4:00 AM EDT, on the planned start date - or wait until after 4:00 AM, EDT on the planned start date, and schedule the tournament to start "Today" then.

For example, yesterday I tried to schedule a tournament for today, at 02:30 PM, EDT. It would let me do it, but it had to run for 2 days for some reason. I tried starting it after midnight, my time, and it said there was a conflict with another tournament that was still in progress.

I just scheduled a Daily for today at Red Thorn Golf Club at 8:30 AM, as it wouldn't let me try to schedule it earlier this morning at 1:30 AM, because it saw it's "Today" start as a conflict with yesterday's Daily, which was still in progress for 2 1/2 more hours. Vader, I'm sure you've had to wrestle with this in your travels :)

Anyway, if it helps anyone else out to know this, in The Golf Club 2 world, the day ends at 3:59:59 AM and begins at 4:00:00 AM, EDT.