MLB The Show 17

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 17

Post by sportdan30 »

You may try holding back on the left stick. Seems to help deaden the ball some. The CPU too rockets bunts now and then. I'm able to turn double plays more than I should. Sometimes I feel blatantly cheated by the CPU, so I don't feel guilty turning two. :)

I'm 26-23 in my Franchise with the Cardinals. I'm noticing a lot of home runs from a few of my players, but everything thing seems to balance out. If I didn't have the option for Quick Counts, there's no way I'd be as deep in to the season I am now.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I have been so focused and hooked on Diamond Dynasty mode since 16 that I practically just play this mode forgetting that I had my career with RTTS since 2014. So I decided to do some career play in RTTS yesterday only to be told that I didn't continue this mode within the one calendar year so my last save could not be loaded not even from the cloud. What? Really? Do I have to start all over again?

I mean the save from MLB 16 is still there but it just won't allow me to upload it because it's been more than a year. :evil:

Anyway to go around it?

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Having not played this franchise for years, I was hoping to get some insight/opinions on something.

Can this game be made easy enough for a 5 year old to play it? My oldest is really into baseball but has never played any console games. Are there setting configurations in which the game can be made dead simple to play? (2 button mode, auto fielding, etc...)
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Spooky wrote:Having not played this franchise for years, I was hoping to get some insight/opinions on something.

Can this game be made easy enough for a 5 year old to play it? My oldest is really into baseball but has never played any console games. Are there setting configurations in which the game can be made dead simple to play? (2 button mode, auto fielding, etc...)
Yes. Timing swing, auto fielding and baserunning...my 5 year old can hit a lil' bit. LOL...that's all he cares about really. Pitching is a little more difficult for him. Mostly the aiming to the spot you want to throw to but he's getting there.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Spooky wrote:Having not played this franchise for years, I was hoping to get some insight/opinions on something.

Throw it on rookie mode and the opposing pitcher will pretty much throw strikes down the middle. Boost up the contact and power sliders and it'll play similarly to an arcade style baseball game.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Let's not forget about retro mode. That's about as simple as it gets for a child that age.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Thanks guys. I knew about Retro mode and it's simplicity but I think my kid will get a kick out of the "real" games presentation since it's so lifelike.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Got the baseball itch recently with pitchers and catchers reporting in the next 2-3 weeks, so I fired up this game. I never really spent a lot of time with RTTS mode, but created a third baseman. Wow, is it addicting and fun. I love that I can play through 3-5 games in one sitting within 20-30 minutes. I've already played over 20 games within a few days. It's nice not having to worry about how realistic the rosters are either. Just being able to concentrate on my player is pretty sweet. I also enjoy the new added "documentary" feature where you get to make some decisions. I'm looking forward to transferring my player in to '18.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Got the baseball itch recently with pitchers and catchers reporting in the next 2-3 weeks, so I fired up this game. I never really spent a lot of time with RTTS mode, but created a third baseman. Wow, is it addicting and fun. I love that I can play through 3-5 games in one sitting within 20-30 minutes. I've already played over 20 games within a few days. It's nice not having to worry about how realistic the rosters are either. Just being able to concentrate on my player is pretty sweet. I also enjoy the new added "documentary" feature where you get to make some decisions. I'm looking forward to transferring my player in to '18.
Superb game mode. As you said, playing though 3-5 games in less than an hour is awesome.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

RTTS is the only mode i've been playing for years.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:RTTS is the only mode i've been playing for years.
I used to. My Go To mode these days is Diamond Dynasty where you build your team from scratch. I hope the up the ante in the 4K HDR visuals department.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For me the only thing that topped RTTS mode was the Baseball RPG in MLB Power Pros on the Nintendo Wii and PS2. There you were building your character while building your team and it had a dynamic story as well.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MLB 18 The Show Gameplay trailer dropped. It, honestly, looks the same...which isnt horrible. Hopefully there are some new features, etc. Oh well. I couldnt embed it so the link is below.

https://youtu.be/9T9MCYD0oa8
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

New gameplay features arrived:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LKyzr-Bms

LOVE the new swing analysis window that pops up after each swing!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:New gameplay features arrived:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LKyzr-Bms

LOVE the new swing analysis window that pops up after each swing!
Thanks for posting Dennis!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25