HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by Wilk5280 »

I'm away from my PS4 for the weekend. Is it easy to send friend requests through the Society?
GT = Wilk5280

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Got this one for the Xbone. Not feeling it yet...maybe because I can't figure out how to get into a tournament or society.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JC or Divot. Playing TGC2 live with friends was a lot of fun. Having said that, we tried to figure out what was the best way to join a game and that was the hard part.

For example, if I chose a particular course the option to play, to invite someone wasn't particular easy, not that I recall of. Instead, I think someone has to go to the menu profile and join a particular friend by checking the email? Even when I did receive an invite to join, not all members were ready to T-off or people were seeing just different people on the menu so we were never in sync to begin a round. That maybe was the server department, but once we were on, even though we only played six holes we never got dropped and that's encouraging.

Is there a more efficient way to join a Live game?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Just ordered from Amazon and as of last night at 11:59 PM, officially finished with Masters degree. See you all on the links.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

pigpen81 wrote:Just ordered from Amazon and as of last night at 11:59 PM, officially finished with Masters degree. See you all on the links.
Congrats on the master's, Piggy!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

pigpen81 wrote:Just ordered from Amazon and as of last night at 11:59 PM, officially finished with Masters degree. See you all on the links.
Good on yeh mate. :D

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

10spro wrote:JC or Divot. Playing TGC2 live with friends was a lot of fun. Having said that, we tried to figure out what was the best way to join a game and that was the hard part.

For example, if I chose a particular course the option to play, to invite someone wasn't particular easy, not that I recall of. Instead, I think someone has to go to the menu profile and join a particular friend by checking the email? Even when I did receive an invite to join, not all members were ready to T-off or people were seeing just different people on the menu so we were never in sync to begin a round. That maybe was the server department, but once we were on, even though we only played six holes we never got dropped and that's encouraging.

There is a ? in the main menu if you click on it explains the options although not too detailed but we where doing it correctly i believe.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:JC or Divot. Playing TGC2 live with friends was a lot of fun. Having said that, we tried to figure out what was the best way to join a game and that was the hard part.

Unrfortunately, TGC 2 is really hosed when it comes to online multiplayer. There is no "Invite to Game" function at this time. We had it early on in the beta, but they never could get it to work reliably so they set it aside. I don't know if they plan to fix it any time soon, to be honest. This means you can't start a H2H matchplay or fourball round because you can't meet the conditions of having enough players to start them *before* the round, unless all the players are local in your living room, hooked in to your console or PC. :(

Stroke and Stableford are the only two modes that will work via the network, and they are finicky. Your best bet is to message those with whom you want to play and tell them what course you're going to. If they're on your friend's list, they'll get a message saying you've just started a round on XYZ course and they can opt to join it. The better bet is to just go to that course on your own before getting the message to join it.

No one in the group should tee off until they all have indicated they're on the first tee. Even then, you might not see everyone right away. It'll get confusing is some have turn based enabled and some don't. All players should go with the same option for turn based to make it flow more evenly. Go ahead and hit your first shot and let the game handle the turn based aspect on its on, it will take one or two shots for this to happen if you're using it.

Not having real, head to head matchplay capability, nor a working invite to game option has really put a damper on the multiplayer game for me. They're getting a lot of complaints about it, but haven't commented on it due to their being overwhelmed with the server overload problems they're having right now. The good news out of this is it means they sold a lot more games than anticipated, for what that's worth.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Sudz wrote:Got this one for the Xbone. Not feeling it yet...maybe because I can't figure out how to get into a tournament or society.
The server overload problems are making it very difficult for the consoles right now for either of those features. I can tell you from beta testing that when the servers are not overloaded, it's an entirely different game experience. They'll get there eventually, but they're getting a black eye in the meanwhile.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:I'm away from my PS4 for the weekend. Is it easy to send friend requests through the Society?
As far as I know, there's no way to send an FR through the Society menu. The Society feature is pretty bare bones right now and from what I've heard, they will be enhancing and adding on to it over time.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Game is outstanding JC if its not blowing 20mph :D
Well worth the early hiccups.
Its not like you cant play the game

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

First edition of magnolia national is up. (Augusta).
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:First edition of magnolia national is up. (Augusta).
Mega! Thanks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Ok lads in case you didn't know, the weather is random in the society tourneys, i found this out the hard way. my 2nd round was in 20 mph winds lol and like any true Brit i took it on that's what a links course is. Well it beat me up and left me by the roadside thru 15 until thankfully i was invited to play multiplayer last night.
I resumed my round this morning in a nice 3 mph wind which continued into my next round.

So basically you can look out your window see what the weather is like and go back to bed if you like.
Doesn't seem right to me and its too late for me but may help others, we may need a local rule on this or is there an option on weather when tournaments are set up.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Ok lads in case you didn't know, the weather is random in the society tourneys, i found this out the hard way. my 2nd round was in 20 mph winds lol and like any true Brit i took it on that's what a links course is. Well it beat me up and left me by the roadside thru 15 until thankfully i was invited to play multiplayer last night.
I resumed my round this morning in a nice 3 mph wind which continued into my next round.

So basically you can look out your window see what the weather is like and go back to bed if you like.
Doesn't seem right to me and its too late for me but may help others, we may need a local rule on this or is there an option on weather when tournaments are set up.
Oh stop your whining and play on. My second round wind was close enough, around the 15mph wind and it showed in my 82. :oops: . The third round was much calmer and shot better but yeah last year I remember the weather was setup evenly for everyone so I wonder if that's possible for this version.

I must admit the option to pick your game whenever it's very cool though.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Ok Canada festivities are over (at least for me), let's say 6:45-7PM PST for some fun MP Live action tonight before hockey. Who's in?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Ok Canada festivities are over (at least for me), let's say 6:45-7PM PST for some fun MP Live action tonight before hockey. Who's in?
In.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Ready to give it a go.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I still can't do a search, every search defaults to newest courses. I'm dying to try that Royal Ethalwind course you guys have raved about.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote: Meanwhile, I've changed my player to Tour clubs in all platforms, and went from shooting 63's to 65's, to 72' and 74's. I love the dynamics of Tour clubs though, it's where I belong for long term enjoyment of this game.
Well, after several days of constant disconnects I've finally been able to finish the DSP Society tournament on the PC. I played the first 2 rounds wth Player Clubs and the last 2 rounds with Tour Clubs. It was brutal. :? I finished the tournament at +36. :oops:

I'm going to have to unlearn every thing that I've learned with my swing in TGC if I want to have any chance of competing in tournaments. Hopefully, we can have an even mix of net and handicap tournaments.

This game definitely has the hardest swing of any golf game that I have played over the years. 8O

-MERACE

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I was in golf nirvana going back to Leaderboard Golf on the C64, the original PGA Golf on my Sega Genesis and then Sierra's PGA Championship.
TGC was really good, but man o man, TGC2 is sublime!

I look forward to seeing how this game develops over the next year+ with courses and minor adjustments through patches.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

MERACE wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote: Meanwhile, I've changed my player to Tour clubs in all platforms, and went from shooting 63's to 65's, to 72' and 74's. I love the dynamics of Tour clubs though, it's where I belong for long term enjoyment of this game.
Well, after several days of constant disconnects I've finally been able to finish the DSP Society tournament on the PC. I played the first 2 rounds wth Player Clubs and the last 2 rounds with Tour Clubs. It was brutal. :? I finished the tournament at +36. :oops:

I'm going to have to unlearn every thing that I've learned with my swing in TGC if I want to have any chance of competing in tournaments. Hopefully, we can have an even mix of net and handicap tournaments.

This game definitely has the hardest swing of any golf game that I have played over the years. 8O

-MERACE
Key comment and why many are struggling with the swing.

IMO, it is dramatically different and in many ways better than TGC1.

The only thing I think they need to add to the swing is an acceleration component though to impact. Then I think we may be on to something truly incredible.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pigpen81 wrote:I was in golf nirvana going back to Leaderboard Golf on the C64, the original PGA Golf on my Sega Genesis and then Sierra's PGA Championship.
TGC was really good, but man o man, TGC2 is sublime!

I look forward to seeing how this game develops over the next year+ with courses and minor adjustments through patches.
Kinda my thoughts as well Pigpen.....

Congratulations on your Masters! Tremendous accomplishment!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Accepted Legioneren into the DSP PS4 Society today, but even though I've accepted 5 requests now on the PS4 version, only Wilk's is showing up in the member list? What are you guys who've submitted a request seeing?

I've enjoyed these Royal Ethelwind tournaments immensely! I'm back to playing Tour clubs and it's tough to break par with them, but I'll be damned if the golf experience doesn't take on an entirely new dimension. I'm getting my money's worth out of it for sure! :D

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

We had another foursome last night none other than at the Magnolia course. Talk about buttery greens, if you have a minute or two check the feeds that Vader recorded, I still have a chuckle or two. :lol: