NFL 2015-16 season

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2015-16 season

Post by 10spro »

I don't mind seeing Manning retiring with the V. Lombardi trophy for what he's done over the years. But the way he's been playing reminds me a lot of Trent Dilfer. Yeah him. Can't blame age I guess, you are what you are but the D came thru for him. To put that much pressure on Brady, I don't recall him succeeding on too many short routes where he's often so good.

CAR has more weapons, more intangibles and this may indeed end up like the SB of a couple of years ago when Broncos got crashed by the Seahawks.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:I'd like to see Denver win so Manning can go out on top. I think the guy is a class act and have no idea why so many people hate him.
I don't hate him. I've actually enjoyed watching his career. But the entire notion of a Broncos win having anything to do with Manning this year is kind of gross and stupid.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Haha.. Aristo!

Should actually be a good Super Bowl.. I'm really happy Broncos and Panthers are in.. at least I'll watch it now! :)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:
Danimal wrote:I'd like to see Denver win so Manning can go out on top. I think the guy is a class act and have no idea why so many people hate him.
I don't hate him. I've actually enjoyed watching his career. But the entire notion of a Broncos win having anything to do with Manning this year is kind of gross and stupid.
I watched the game he missed a lot of wide open guys that game shouldn't of been close but I think if Manning didn't give them something he wouldn't be playing. I've seen people say Denver is doing him a solid, I think that notion is ridiculous.

The guy has nerves rebuilt in his neck, add age and this is the end even if they lose which is a strong possibility, I can't see him coming back.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:
Brando70 wrote: Part of it is overexposure. How many f***in commercials do we see with him? Between him and Discount Double Doosh, it's nonstop during Sundays. He deserves to lose for endorsing that pizza catastrophe alone. :D
If this is your only reasoning you sure must hate a lot of people. I'm talking about what Manning does off the field, which is a whole hell of a lot. I'll admit it's hard to find because he does it low key. How many people even knew he has a son until yesterday? When it's really hard to find anyone who has a bad word to say about someone it is hard to believe it's an act.

You should enjoy Cam now, because by your logic you'll hate him real soon. If there was ever a guy who calls attention to himself at every chance he gets it's Cam.
Oh, I don't hate Peyton at all. But I think he is the most annoying pitchman in all of sports because of the products he pushes and the kinds of commercials he's in. That's not his "fault," but after a while you do tend to associate the pitch person with the product they shill.

Sports are just entertainment to me. I only care if someone's off-field activities make it difficult to maintain that entertainment (for instance, I would never be able to root for the Vikings as long as AP remained with the team). It's great that a lot of athletes do charity work and that should be applauded, but I don't think about that stuff when the game is on or for rooting purposes.

I also have no issue with what Cam does during games. Love that he isn't afraid to have a personality and look like he's actually having fun. But if he ever tries to sell me Little Ceasars or a Buick, then f*** him. :D

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:I watched the game he missed a lot of wide open guys that game shouldn't of been close but I think if Manning didn't give them something he wouldn't be playing. I've seen people say Denver is doing him a solid, I think that notion is ridiculous.

The guy has nerves rebuilt in his neck, add age and this is the end even if they lose which is a strong possibility, I can't see him coming back.
If Osweiler was healthy, he'd be playing. They wouldn't have gone back to Manning in the first place IMO. He was borderline horrific yesterday. If not for the two Daniels throws, he would have definitely crossed that line.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:I also have no issue with what Cam does during games. Love that he isn't afraid to have a personality and look like he's actually having fun. But if he ever tries to sell me Little Ceasars or a Buick, then f*** him. :D
So you don't eat yogurt or wear Under Armor I guess.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I thought Ostweiler was benched because he wasn't making the right adjustments at the line.

Kubiak seemed annoyed with him a few games ago.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:I thought Ostweiler was benched because he wasn't making the right adjustments at the line.

Kubiak seemed annoyed with him a few games ago.
He separated his non-throwing shoulder and had a knee injury as well...which got him on the injury report. He was available but only if needed. So...

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:I also have no issue with what Cam does during games. Love that he isn't afraid to have a personality and look like he's actually having fun. But if he ever tries to sell me Little Ceasars or a Buick, then f*** him. :D
So you don't eat yogurt or wear Under Armor I guess.
I don't mind those products. However, Papa John's "pizza" should be an illegal substance and anyone who pushes it should do jail time. :D

In all seriousness, I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want to see a good game. It would actually be nice to see Peyton win one more time, but I also think it's great that we're seeing a young QB elevating his team to a championship game. I have loved watching the current Hall of Famers during their careers (Brady, Peyton, Brees), but as they wind down, it's nice to see a young QB like Cam making a big leap in his performance. In the last 5-7 years, while there have been some good QBs, Cam is the first one that seems to be elevating his play to a great level. I'd like to see him continue at that level and have a couple other of the younger players (like Luck) get to that great level. It's good for the game.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'd rather see Denver lose, and lose big.

That's one thing they do really well in Super Bowls. They won 2, but the other five are kind of brutal:
* by 17 to Dallas
* by 19 to the Giants
* by 32 to Washington
* by 45 to the 49ers (which appears to be the largest margin of victory and the most points scored by one team)
* by 35 to Seattle (Manning's last appearance)
I think I'd rather root for Buffalo and Minnesota in the Super Bowl.

This message brought to you by a butthurt Chiefs fan.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well you are from St. Louis there is nothing to be positive about there that's for sure :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Denver's front four MUST show up again. Otherwise, this game could look a lot like Super Bowl 48 or one of the Super Bowls in the 1980s -- an NFC blowout.

I don't see how Denver puts more than 20 offensive points on the board with Manning at QB.

Don't look now, but if Denver loses, America's Favorite Next Door Neighbor, Pitchman and Cloaked HGH User will be 1-3 career in Super Bowls. Better than Jim Kelly, I know. But still ...

OMAHA!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I think the big problem for Denver is their offensive line is so average. Even with Manning's passing issues, they have real weapons in the passing game. But they can't sustain a consistent running game or provide consistent pass protection. I see a lot of short drives by Denver that's going to allow Carolina to grind down the Denver defense with a relentless running game.

At the same time, Peyton is a tough SOB. His aw-shucks persona can obscure that he is a tough player. With such a huge game and a big chance to possibly go out on top, I could see him pulling out a big game.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

More concussion news: "Ken Stabler had Stage 3 CTE"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... phalopathy

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Man that incomplete pass on Carolina looked bogus. That looked like a legit catch and the receiver had possession and did not let the ball touch the ground. I gotta pull a XXXIV and say that looked like a BS call. The NFL must be pulling for Manning.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

CHEATING TIME!

Taunting?

Really the two cum buckets were yelling at each other!

WOW!

DISGRACE!!!!!!!!Q

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Goodell.

you are pig.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Talibs's a thug - should have been thrown out of the game for that facemask.

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

He is a d***** but hes keeping it real :P

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Maybe the officials won't f*** up this review?
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

you can call holding every f***in play.

That last holding call vs Denver spoke volumes.

First and goal at the four?

No?

Why?

made yup holding call?

are goodell and trump the same c***?

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Manning just can't put anything on the ball, Newton just can't hit the target.

Doug

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Toilet Bowl - pretty shitty game.