NHL 2015-16 season thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 2015-16 season thread

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:GOALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That felt good.

Coming back from down 3-0 to win that game.

As good a win as u ever get in november!

GO HABS GO!
The 7 road games from hell is coming to a close tomorrow at the Peg. Another blown lead, another loss in OT, I think they're like 0-6 and those crucial points are going to bite them in the ass in April. I was very disappointed yesterday, but I know it's growing pains for some of the young kids. I don't know, we are coming to the crucial 25 games where you either snap out of it or just play for keeps.

I'll say this about the 3 on 3's. Despite them NOT winning any games in OT, I still prefer it over the SO. It's not hockey, but the six dudes out there just need to know how to play D and be good shooters, at least hit the goalie because when you miss the net, it's so easy to go the other way and create the 2 on 1 rushes.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:Sorry if I butt in but you boys drew My attention to the game.
No need to apologize...it was entertaining hockey. Still sucks to get a loss at home after having the game in hand 59 minutes in.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:GOALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That felt good.

Coming back from down 3-0 to win that game.

As good a win as u ever get in november!

GO HABS GO!
The 7 road games from hell is coming to a close tomorrow at the Peg. Another blown lead, another loss in OT, I think they're like 0-6 and those crucial points are going to bite them in the ass in April. I was very disappointed yesterday, but I know it's growing pains for some of the young kids. I don't know, we are coming to the crucial 25 games where you either snap out of it or just play for keeps.

I'll say this about the 3 on 3's. Despite them NOT winning any games in OT, I still prefer it over the SO. It's not hockey, but the six dudes out there just need to know how to play D and be good shooters, at least hit the goalie because when you miss the net, it's so easy to go the other way and create the 2 on 1 rushes.
Agreed on the 3 v 3. Gotta suck being in goal though. Shooting gallery.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Condon impressive again!

4 goals on the first 11 shots on saturday and now 3 goals on 6 shots tonight.

Wow!!!!

Hey MT you dumb fisher like moron let Tokarski try...

Talk about a team that leans on its goalie. Worthless wo Price.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers Sharks 0-0 Late third-period. Looks like we are going to be going 3 versus 3 again. Locked and loaded for chaos
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Bullshit penalty called with 19 seconds left against the Flyers. What a f***in joke. Pathetic. 4 versus 3 to start the overtime.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Hard to believe another overtime loss.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Just about a quarter of a season played for Canucks and I still can't figure out this team. They started oh so well with a few rookies in the lineup, had a bump here and there none other more noticeable than the recent 7 games on the road where they only managed to get only 4 points. They come back to beat the Hawks nicely over the weekend 6-3 only to lose the next day to the Devils.

They can't hold leads in the third, all their losses have been marginal by a goal.

And here they are again, on the road for another four games tonight playing vs the best home team record in the league and one of the hottest team in Minny and they steal a win. Go figure. I can't.

Good their division sucks I guess.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wrong thread

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Another Flyers OT win today. The rookie Gostisbehere wins it again! The kid can play.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Growing pains continue to mount for Canucks as they lose another close game, this time at home to the Stars. They seem to just play 40 minutes games and by the third period they run out of gas. Key injuries add to the misery but when you have a 20 and 19 years old kids doing your face-offs for the second and third line you probably lose possession over and over in the long stretch.

It's been a tough going.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I know the Ducks just blanked them, but their season has been worse so far, although it's starting to become closer to even footing at this point. It could always be worse, man!

When the season started, I couldn't figure out why the Ducks were so bad this year--they're never bad to start the season, they're usually bad after a couple of months, then get it back together in time for the playoffs...and then crumble again.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:I know the Ducks just blanked them, but their season has been worse so far, although it's starting to become closer to even footing at this point. It could always be worse, man!

When the season started, I couldn't figure out why the Ducks were so bad this year--they're never bad to start the season, they're usually bad after a couple of months, then get it back together in time for the playoffs...and then crumble again.
Simple. Because your captain is NOT playing like a 9 million dollar man. And the same goes for Perry, Kesler, Bieksa has been brutal. And thanks for that cross check into the ribs that sidelined Virtanen. Still, a lot of experience in that room that will turn things around eventually when it really counts.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Flyers looking for their 4th straight tonight @NJ. Hope they stay hot. The arrival of Gostisbehere has sparked the squad. He is fun to watch.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

my god, the Hurricanes are a dumpster fire. Could they beat an ECHL team?

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Diablo25 wrote:Flyers looking for their 4th straight tonight @NJ. Hope they stay hot. The arrival of Gostisbehere has sparked the squad. He is fun to watch.
He's been a breath of fresh air. Once they get Gudas and Streit back the defense will look a lot better.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

This is beautiful. :lol:

XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

10spro wrote: I'll say this about the 3 on 3's. Despite them NOT winning any games in OT, I still prefer it over the SO. It's not hockey, but the six dudes out there just need to know how to play D and be good shooters, at least hit the goalie because when you miss the net, it's so easy to go the other way and create the 2 on 1 rushes.
It's more like hockey than the skills display in SO. I love this new format for OT. Ironically, my Red Wings seem to be winning more games in SO this year than last year. Go figure. :?

-MERACE

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ed o and the other idiots at nbc showing the world how worthless, brain dead and just how f***in stupid they are...

They just said that Habs back up goalie Condon winning 9 out of 16 games is amazing!

REALLY!

Price won 10 out of 12 tween injuries...

NOT AMAZING!

In fact mediocre...

Worthless c***....

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am sure that Condon is the next Jaques Plante.

Its awesome to night after night out shoot the other team and then be down and lose.

Hey eddie go fuckyourself scumbag!

This guy sux balls...

Habs need Price.
Last edited by XXXIV on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The calls by the zebras were NFL standard in Lotus land as Canucks win their second in a row after a long time. Yippee, kay ah yea after the team struggled mightily for the past month and the refs did their best to spoil the win. D. Hamhuis got hit in the face with a slapshot and left in a stretcher. That was scary. They now hit the road for another long six games and we'll see how the injuries affect this already fragile young team.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So what's really going on with the Pens? The new coach is making a difference I see. Issue is the front office in my mind. When you have two of the best players in the league not playing to their potential or leading the way they should, you got issues too in the dressing room. Crosby makes 2 million in a month and has only six goals to show for so far. How's that for investment?

Speaking of miseries, Canucks will continue with theirs tonight and tomorrow in B2B. Some want to see the coach gone too. But in the ever hot stove market in Canada, that's not the answer. When you have only one line going with the ageless Twins and a decent 4th line with mediocre goaltending along the never ending injuries in Lotus land and you ain't going anywhere. Fast.

It's going to hurt for awhile still, trying to build a team on a go is never easy.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Rutherford turned the Pens into Carolina north.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

10spro wrote:So what's really going on with the Pens? The new coach is making a difference I see. Issue is the front office in my mind. When you have two of the best players in the league not playing to their potential or leading the way they should, you got issues too in the dressing room. Crosby makes 2 million in a month and has only six goals to show for so far. How's that for investment?
Without too much personal observation this year, Crosby is no longer the best player in the league like he was. Might not even be top-10 right now. I also think as a captain the team has had leadership crises in the playoffs a lot (not last year though), but that may just be me.

The real reason for the problem right now is this:

2014 opening day defense
-Letang
-Maata
-Ehrhoff
-Martin
-Despres
-Scuderi

2015 opening day defense
-Letang
-Maata
-Cole
-Lovejoy
-Scuderi
-Dumoulin
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Other than Letang, (who's had his problems with injuries) the rest are basically depth D-men and that's not going to help much but they seem to have problems scoring as well. The main issue with them in the past couple of years during the playoffs rounds was goaltending.