HBO : GAME OF THRONES - Spoiler Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HBO : GAME OF THRONES - Spoiler Thread

Post by Danimal »

I found last nights episode kind of mediocre and I'm thinking this is going to be a slow season
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The episode was slow in the blood factor for sure but I remember the openers being this way before.

From what I have read they have run out of book and going on new paths.

I enjoyed it. Went by too fast.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Saw the first ep of the season and what a letdown. I know someone who loves the books and he tells me it goes downhill from here. I hope he's wrong. Maybe the writers on the tv show take the story into a more interesting turn.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Enjoyed tonight's episode as well.

Looking forward to the next one.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

You know things are off to a strong start when you get a throat stabbing in the first five minutes.

Another week of surveying the chessboard, but there was more action this week. I can feel the pieces moving into place for upcoming episodes. GoT is one of those shows that really takes a season approach and is willing to sacrifice individual episodes to move the whole story.

And I love that Bron is back along with the Davos guy. Can't wait to see more of those storylines.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:You know things are off to a strong start when you get a throat stabbing in the first five minutes.

Another week of surveying the chessboard, but there was more action this week. I can feel the pieces moving into place for upcoming episodes. GoT is one of those shows that really takes a season approach and is willing to sacrifice individual episodes to move the whole story.

And I love that Bron is back along with the Davos guy. Can't wait to see more of those storylines.
It is pretty sweet how they are setting it all up.

Love Bron. I think the other guy you are thinking of is Jaqen Hghar? or something like that. Davos is the the poor sap who keeps trying to save Stannis.

Havent seen JH in a couple of years. Glad to have him back. I was wondering wtf happened to him.

Cool how the dragon knew D needed him.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

XXXIV wrote:
Brando70 wrote:You know things are off to a strong start when you get a throat stabbing in the first five minutes.

It is pretty sweet how they are setting it all up.

Love Bron. I think the other guy you are thinking of is Jaqen Hghar? or something like that. Davos is the the poor sap who keeps trying to save Stannis.

Havent seen JH in a couple of years. Glad to have him back. I was wondering wtf happened to him.

Cool how the dragon knew D needed him.

Correct, I got Davos and Braavos mixed up.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The fastest hour on TV.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

We have the NHL playoffs and then we have this....

Bring it on bitches! 8)

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

XXXIV wrote:Image

Bring it on bitches! 8)
Come at me, Crow

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Not only were the wights cool, but I really liked the interplay between Daenerys and Tyrion. Peter Dinklage seems like he has finally been rescued from the moping he's been forced to do since he fled Westeros.

I also kept expecting the giant at the end to rise out of the water with the bright blue eyes of a White Walker.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

That was probably the best episode of the series, or at least since season one. Problem with GoT for me now is they only seem to be able to pull off one "holy s***" episode a season and the rest are just slow, plodding affairs. I guess the same could be said for the books but I watch now more out of routine then excitement.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Danimal wrote:That was probably the best episode of the series, or at least since season one. Problem with GoT for me now is they only seem to be able to pull off one "holy s***" episode a season and the rest are just slow, plodding affairs. I guess the same could be said for the books but I watch now more out of routine then excitement.
Where you and I differ is that I am just as enthralled by the slow, plodding story development as I am with episodes like last weeks. I have really enjoyed this season despite it's lack of holy s*** episodes.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I do think this season has been too slow, but for the most part loved the other seasons, especially 1 and 3. I think the difference in season 5 is that a lot of the slow episodes have not felt like they have had as much of a purpose. But last week sucked me back in. Here's hoping the last two episodes send the season off in style.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I think it has been a good season so far, all of the other seasons has had a major character or two from the main families killed off and this season not so much so I could see that as making this season seem slow and not as enjoyable. No Walder Frey story-line for a couple of seasons is kind of questionable, is Edmure still alive and locked up as a prisoner? And what about the Blackfish, he took a piss before the doors were locked at the Red Wedding and has not been seen since.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Some of the cast members are hinting there's plenty of shocking things to come in the last two episodes:
We’ve got quite a few hints that there’re terrible things on the way. Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth) told us there’s a scene “more shocking than the Red Wedding” that comes “towards the end of the season.” Emilia Clarke promised that “YouTube reaction Vids are coming.” And Daniel Portman (Podrick Payne) threatened that the end of Episode Ten will, and we quote, “Break the Internet.”
http://winteriscoming.net/2015/06/03/wh ... ers-mercy/

The latter part of that article has potential spoilers, as the writer speculates on what these scenes could be, based on what happens in the books.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ScoopBrady wrote: Where you and I differ is that I am just as enthralled by the slow, plodding story development as I am with episodes like last weeks. I have really enjoyed this season despite it's lack of holy s*** episodes.

This is where I am.

For a slow show it is still the fastest hour on TV for me.

Cant believe there are only two left.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

f*** off!

:lol: :lol:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Felt like the Snow thing was a bridge too far in an otherwise spectacular episode.

Is there any chance Melisandre doesn't use some Fire God juju to save him? Maybe Davos swoops in and performs some old-fashioned field surgery. In any event, that crimson you saw seeping into the snow around Snow was as red a herring as you'll ever see.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

There is supposedly a secret about Snow that has yet to be revealed. Plus the actor is signed for s6.

They're really diving into the magic now.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

And now his watch has ended. :twisted:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Well he's losing a lot of blood but doesn't mean he's dead.

They could medivac him to a top trauma center.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

RobVarak wrote:Felt like the Snow thing was a bridge too far in an otherwise spectacular episode.

Is there any chance Melisandre doesn't use some Fire God juju to save him? Maybe Davos swoops in and performs some old-fashioned field surgery. In any event, that crimson you saw seeping into the snow around Snow was as red a herring as you'll ever see.
I had forgotten about this until my wife reminded me of it, but Arya and The Hound encountered that one bandit who was a follower of the Lord of Light and who could not be permanently killed. I wonder if that will come back into play.

I liked the last episode and while I still think this season was all over the place, I'm looking forward to the next one. I feel like the pieces were left in an interesting spot.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Now THATS a f***in trailer.