OT: Medical Issue

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Medical Issue

Post by Diablo25 »

That's a tough read. Definitely a heart breaker. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I just read your wife's blog post. I'm so sorry, Steve. Continue to stay strong and know that your DSP brothers are all sending out prayers and positive vibes for your daughter and family.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Steve, I am so sorry for you, your wife, and your daughter.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Keep the faith, Steve. Hopefully, there will be a breakthrough that will bring some optimism for your daughter and your family. I have to believe that this will have a happy ending.

p.s. Your wife is a beautiful writer (and I'm certain a beautiful human being as well) and I can feel her strong emotions so deeply.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys, I just wanted to post an update as we are hitting another major step in this road. After spending almost two weeks in the hospital, my daughter was discharged and recommended that she be put into a long term residential facility to hopefully get the care she needs. While searching for one, we hit a bump when we were told that residential facilities don't usually take someone that is suffering any active psychosis. With my wife working the phones constantly, we found a facility that has accepted my daughter.

Now we are in a holding pattern as we wait to find out if the insurance company will pay for it. No timetable at this point, but jumping at every ring of the phone. Asking for prayers that it will be approved and that we will get the care my girl so desperately needs.

Again, I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your caring for me and my family. I am really blown away, and you guys mean the world to me.

Steve

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Best of luck with everything. Hope all your prayers are answered mate.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Best of luck with everything. Hope all your prayers are answered mate.

Yes.

All the best.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I hope you get the answers you are looking for, Steve. Continued prayers for your family and you.
I am a patient boy.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys, my wife just updated her blog. She says things better than I ever could dream of. If you have some time, please check it out. Thanks again brothers. http://hopeinthedarkestdays.blogspot.com/
Last edited by grtwhtsk on Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

She is a hell of a writer. We keep praying for you guys to get answers...hopefully soon buddy. Hopefully soon.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:She is a hell of a writer. We keep praying for you guys to get answers...hopefully soon buddy. Hopefully soon.

Ditto that.....

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

We are heading to TN later today to bring my daughter to a residential facility. At that point, they will do their own evaluation and probably admit her. The only hurdle remaining is a big one, insurance approval, but we feel confident we should clear it.

So many mixed emotions right now. I would do anything for my baby girl, and feel that this is an opportunity that we have to take. At the same time, saying goodbye to her knowing that it may be many weeks or months before she comes home is killing me. Not to mention the look in her eyes. I can see the fear and uncertainty she has, and in that I see my sweet girl just trapped by this awful illness.

Please keep her and the rest of us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you again brothers, for everything.

Steve
grtwhtsk

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Best wishes to you and your family, Steve. I pray she can come home soon, feeling better. The better angels of your nature -- and there are MANY surrounding you -- are guiding you toward doing all the right things.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Steve, I admire your strength and resolve in such a hard situation. I know it is hard and there are probably times you want to quit but it is helping in this situation more than you know. Keep it up, we're all praying for your family and you.
I am a patient boy.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Best wishes and good luck, and I wish you and your family continued strength and hope.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Steve,

I have been following your story for some time and still can't imagine how truly difficult this is for you, your Family and especially your daughter. I am sure this is challenging your faith as well. Hang in there and continue demonstrating your strength for your daughter and Family. God Bless you all and prayers coming your way consistently.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

One large hurdle down...one to go. Good luck buddy!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Steve, I can't imagine having to deal with what you're facing every day. I respect your fortitude and your Faith in dealing with it. I also think you and your wife's willingness to share this with others is not only therapeutic for the two of you, you are also touching a lot of other lives who may be facing similar trials and I'm sure they are benefiting from reading and identifying with what you are going through. My wife was brought to tears when she read your wife's blog. You guys are bringing hope to others who may otherwise think they are facing insurmountable odds. I'm encouraged by the progress that's being made and my prayers continue to go out to you and your family.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Steve, best of luck to you and your family.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nobody likes changes, especially among family when you have to deal with distance and of course emotions. You guys are doing what's best for her and hopefully the insurance company will follow thru as well. All the best to you and your loved ones.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Always all the best to you and your family Steve.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys, it went as bad as bad could be. Just pasting this from my wife's FB post as it says it perfectly:

It didn't go well. They didn't take her. Not an insurance problem; we didn't even get far enough to ask. They initially accept based on the records we have sent, referrals from her providers, etc., but a psychiatrist has to evaluate her there before they can admit. Basically, they agreed that she needs to be somewhere, but they can't handle her. Their program is not prepared to accommodate someone like her. We drove five hours for an admission that didn't happen.

I'm really feeling down and out, just at a total loss. Too many tears again these last few days.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Bummer. Very sorry to hear that. I know it seems bleak at this particular moment, but please stay strong for your daughter, wife, and son. I'll continue to hope and believe there will be something positive that will lift your spirits.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Damn. That's a tough roadblock, Steve. Wish I knew of something that would help. Really do. Don't know what to say. Prayers continuing.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Damn Steve that sucks bad. Hopefully it's for the better and they get her in a facility that is properly trained in dealing with her. You don't want her in a place that is perfect for her. Keep grinding, and keep your head up. You gotta be strong for the family. Keep pushing...it'll happen and this will just be a little blip in the grand scheme of things.