Ziggurat

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Ziggurat

Post by ScoopBrady »

This game is like a cross between Heretic, Hexen, and Serious Sam rolled into a rogue like. This game came out of nowhere to me. I am pretty sure there is a steam version that has been out a while. I picked it up for Xbox One. Having a blast with it.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Ziggurat

Post by Rodster »

You sold me at Heretic and Hexen. That's when I first got into PC gaming. I picked up for the XONE although it's available for the same price on Steam.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Before I bought the game I read some reviews and they were all pretty positive. The game is referred to as rouge-like. The two things I already like about this game is that when you die you start over so staying alive to the end makes it all the more challenging. I'm playing on normal mode and got whacked twice. The other thing I like about this game is that the game regenerates itself so when you start over it's totally different from the last time you played. Well worth the $14.99 price.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Yes, I watched a Twitch broadcast (love that you can do that on xbox one) and was sold after watching it. It's just a lot of fun and with the randomly generated levels along with the different classes which play differently, this game has a lot of replay value. I like that you can save between floors so you can resume where you left off if you can't dedicate a lot of time to it.
I am a patient boy.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I finally beat my first level. I got to the 2nd level and I had to quit so I said abandon game and it wiped out my save. Sh*t :twisted:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Good to know. I have just saved between levels and restarted next session. I haven't tried quitting out while playing. Now I won't. ;)
I am a patient boy.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FINALLY, finished the game. The last level is a b*tch. One of the better value games out there if you are a FPS shooter who like Heretic and Hexen. One thing I like about the game is that when you die and it will happen a lot in the beginning. The game gives you level ups to counter the games progression.

I wish it were more than 5 levels and the enemies were more varied but for a budget title you can't have it all. I like that they put in secret rooms in each level.