The NFL 2014-2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The NFL 2014-2015

Post by XXXIV »

I think the apologists are complicit.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XXXIV wrote:I think the apologists are complicit.
Of course, that's rule numero uno of Conspiracy Loon Club.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The Lions have never needed help from the refs when it comes to losing playoff games. I'm sure they would have lost it on their own, with or without the call.

It doesn't matter anyway. The stars are aligning for a Ravens championship, because that would be the perfect ending for this NFL season.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
XXXIV wrote:I think the apologists are complicit.
Of course, that's rule numero uno of Conspiracy Loon Club.
Exactly right. 8)
Brando70 wrote:The Lions have never needed help from the refs when it comes to losing playoff games. I'm sure they would have lost it on their own, with or without the call.
I dont give two shits about the Lions. I agree they are losers.

That was terrible no matter how you slice it. Doesnt matter who it happened to or how crazy I am.

Unacceptable.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I just don't believe it's some pro-Cowboys conspiracy. People watch NFL divisional playoffs no matter who is matched up. If Detroit won, you would have had storylines with the Lions winning a playoff game for the first time in a quarter century and Suh returning to curb-stomp Aaron Rodgers. The risk/reward for having the NFL attempt to influence ref rulings on a playoff game is so skewed in the risk column that I can't even see The Ginger Hammer being dumb enough to try it.

To me, the one that is really bad is the no-call on Dez Bryant. I actually hate that rule, but it's not a judgment call and he should have been flagged. Still, I see that as ref incompetence rather than some NFL mandate in favor of the Cowboys.

It also again shows the need for full-time ref crews, or at least using the same crews for playoff games as in the regular season. The current approach really screws up game management and the already low level of consistency the league has.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

There is only one NFL conspiracy and that is the one against the Rams. :wink:

When you pull s*** like that thats what you get. Conspiracy theories.

Im surprised Baldwin hasnt chimed in.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I will say this about Suh: if he had been able to make it so Aaron Rodgers could never make another State Farm commercial, I would have gladly cheered for more stomping. :D I am also excited about having the Redskins offer him the first $200 million free agent contract and then see him turn into Albert Haynesworth, Jr., next season.

Also saw an interesting stat: Brady is 1-2 at home against Flacco-led Ravens in playoff games, and 11-1 at home in playoff games against everyone else.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Brando70 wrote:I will say this about Suh: if he had been able to make it so Aaron Rodgers could never make another State Farm commercial, I would have gladly cheered for more stomping. :D I am also excited about having the Redskins offer him the first $200 million free agent contract and then see him turn into Albert Haynesworth, Jr., next season.

Also saw an interesting stat: Brady is 1-2 at home against Flacco-led Ravens in playoff games, and 11-1 at home in playoff games against everyone else.
If I were to put my smart money i would still put in on Brady's bunch. But if there's going to be an upset next Saturday, this is the game that you'll look at for sure. Ravens just seem to play loose at this time of the year and of course they've proven how to win road games. It'll be a close one.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

:P

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:
I think Bryant got a pass because the refs knew they had screwed things up. I'm not even a Cowboys fan. It wouldn't have bothered me a bit if the original call stood. I just think the entire thing was much less of a big deal than everyone is making out of it.
That's the thing.. you don't get a PASS, what is this the JFL? 15 yard unsportsmanlike like penalty, first down Lions.

Again.. don't care for either team.. but c'mon this isn't the replacement refs.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote: I think Bryant got a pass because the refs knew they had screwed things up.
How exactly did that work?

Flag is thrown, Bryant immediately storms the field complaining. PI is announced, then another ref comes in, then they conference and pick up the flag.

I'm not saying anything about conspiracies. I simply debated 2 facts:

1. It is justified because the lifting of the Suh suspension. I hate Detroit and Suh but any other player wouldn't of been suspended with that video evidence. I'm shocked people were surprised it was lifted. The NFL knew that would be lifted so they gave him one game.

2. Incompetence of officials. It continues to happen and these guys are untouchable. I'm trying to think the last time I saw a PI call picked up that was the result of a tipped pass. Can anyone tell me when that has happened? There is a big difference between a blown call and picking up a flag. The head of officials said it is a judgement call, so why did one guys judgement win out over the other one? It wasn't like 2 guys said it wasn't a PI and 1 said it was. It was total incompetence, not a conspiracy and that is why even people who hate Detroit are miffed.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Aristo wrote: I think Bryant got a pass because the refs knew they had screwed things up.
How exactly did that work?

Flag is thrown, Bryant immediately storms the field complaining. PI is announced, then another ref comes in, then they conference and pick up the flag.

I'm not saying anything about conspiracies. I simply debated 2 facts:

1. It is justified because the lifting of the Suh suspension. I hate Detroit and Suh but any other player wouldn't of been suspended with that video evidence. I'm shocked people were surprised it was lifted. The NFL knew that would be lifted so they gave him one game.

2. Incompetence of officials. It continues to happen and these guys are untouchable. I'm trying to think the last time I saw a PI call picked up that was the result of a tipped pass. Can anyone tell me when that has happened? There is a big difference between a blown call and picking up a flag. The head of officials said it is a judgement call, so why did one guys judgement win out over the other one? It wasn't like 2 guys said it wasn't a PI and 1 said it was. It was total incompetence, not a conspiracy and that is why even people who hate Detroit are miffed.
!. The Suh thing was a joke. but I don't think his suspension should have been lifted. Any other player hasn't already done what Suh has done.

2. One guy was much farther away, and another was closer and had a better angle. The closer guy won out. He probably had this view:

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Keep digging that hole ...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

and some other images

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... xplains-it

:lol: :lol:

even head nfl cowboy fan dean blandino said there should have been a call...

Quit your whining! and Party!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Games over, not sure why people who just can't say it was a horrible call and the Cowboys got a break. I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me the last time a PI call was picked up that was the result of a tipped pass.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Games over, not sure why people who just can't say it was a horrible call and the Cowboys got a break. I'm still waiting for anyone to tell me the last time a PI call was picked up that was the result of a tipped pass.
Agreed. This is ridiculous apoplexy fueled by social media. News flash: This isn't the first bad call in the history of the NFL Playoffs.

Then again, there are people who think the moon landing never happened and was staged on a set in Hollywood. There are people who think 9/11 was an inside job. There are people who think the FBI assassinated Kennedy under orders from Hoover. And there are those who think Blandino and NFL refs are on the take from Jerruh.

Place them all in the same lunatic pail and move on to the next round!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

The moment that flag was picked up all I could think of was my man XXXIV and this thread.

It has delivered.

:)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: Agreed. This is ridiculous apoplexy fueled by social media. News flash: This isn't the first bad call in the history of the NFL Playoffs.
True but this is fueled by both sides. You have people who are explaining why this was not a bad call and justifying everything the officials did.

At the end of the day what should be concerning to any fan of the game is you saw something happen that rarely (if ever) happens a PI flag being picked up. In a playoff game, by an "All Star" crew of officials and those guys will be back on the field somewhere this weekend. If your team is playing do you want this crew doing your game?
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:At the end of the day what should be concerning to any fan of the game is you saw something happen that rarely (if ever) happens a PI flag being picked up. In a playoff game, by an "All Star" crew of officials and those guys will be back on the field somewhere this weekend. If your team is playing do you want this crew doing your game?
"All star" crews are part of the problem. The NFL awards postseason officiating jobs to those officials who score the highest grades during the regular season, which makes sense on the surface. But those guys usually haven't worked together as a crew during the season and lack chemistry and unspoken understanding.

A better system would be to reward the crews that perform the best during the regular season, not create postseason crews from an amalgamation of the top-performing individuals.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
"All star" crews are part of the problem. The NFL awards postseason officiating jobs to those officials who score the highest grades during the regular season, which makes sense on the surface. But those guys usually haven't worked together as a crew during the season and lack chemistry and unspoken understanding.

A better system would be to reward the crews that perform the best during the regular season, not create postseason crews from an amalgamation of the top-performing individuals.
^^^^THIS^^^^

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Trent Dilfer on the call

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12124113

Skip to 2:24
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Macca00 wrote:The moment that flag was picked up all I could think of was my man XXXIV and this thread.

It has delivered.

:)
I am here for you buddy. :)

f*** going easy on them.... They brought this on themselves.

You reap what you sow baby.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

All of this PI nonsense would be moot if the idiots just called the obvious hold before the ball was thrown. Pettigrew's jersey somehow was two feet away from his body with the cowboy defenders hand attached to it. 5 yard penalty, first down. PI irrelevant.

As it stands, PK is right...get rid of the individual rankings and use the crew system and this wouldn't be as prevalent. That certainly won't fix the NFL's issue with shoddy refereeing, but it can't hurt it.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Every year, you see bad calls and people ask why certain calls aren't reviewable.

It's so arbitrary, because there isn't as much difference between the judgement calls they don't allow for review vs. the ones they allow.

This is getting to be like the resistance to "goal line technology" in soccer.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

7 earthquakes hit the Dallas area this evening. That is the devil coming for Jerry Jones soul. :D
Follow Me on: