Grand Theft Auto V

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Inuyasha »

well i guess i wasn't really ready for this. what a disgusting game. maybe just not for me. every other word a cuss word or racial slur. I liked the intro, thought it was ok, but now the game has degraded into just commiting crimes. I guess that's the point but will this lead to anything without spoiling it? maybe i'll end up selling it and not getting that far. I went w/ the PS4 one because i have headphones that plug right into the controller, and I'm glad i did because there's no way I play this thru the TV speakers even with the whole family sleeping.

btw - i got a code for $1 million with the game. I put in the code and it says it took it, but my guys don't have a million. where does this code work only online?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I know, it's pretty surprising that a game with a major felony as the title is about nothing but committing crimes... :?

No, that's pretty much the whole game. Working up a criminal chain of command. Story is pretty cool IMO, but...Grand Theft Auto is pretty much about committing crimes.

As far as the million, it's split between online and offline. One of the characters (might be Franklin, I forget) gets $500K while nobody else had anything. Then your GTAO character will have 500K.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I actually thought the writing on GTA V was pretty damn smart, nice blend of gonzo crime fiction with genuine social satire. And it had the all-time greatest videogame love story:

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I'll keep trying then. Hope the story gets more interesting soon.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Seriously, how great is that video? Every time I cynically write off the internet as a worthless cesspool, it churns out something genius like that and restores my faith in humanity.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:Seriously, how great is that video?
Pretty great. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Finally rolled the credits on this sucker. Got side tracked by its multi player first and then by other games....Glad I came back to it with the One.

Some great entertainment for sure. I did laugh my ass off at certain moments. So well done and so sweet looking next gen. Bravo Rockstar!

Whens the expansion? 8)

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

I screwed myself by NOT picking option C. Instead, I killed Trevor first, so now, no matter what I do, I don't have a save point that keeps him in the game after the main missions are done.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Murph wrote:I screwed myself by NOT picking option C. Instead, I killed Trevor first, so now, no matter what I do, I don't have a save point that keeps him in the game after the main missions are done.
Others will learn from you.

PICK C! Do not kill your homies!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

got into the game story more, really fun now. have not met this trevor person yet.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Inuyasha wrote:got into the game story more, really fun now. have not met this trevor person yet.
You are in for a strange treat but make sure that there are no kids around and you have the head phones on.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I just had fellatio in the game with a hooker. wtf. Where is Tipper Gore when you need her!?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I think this is the best non-sports game I have ever played.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:I think this is the best non-sports game I have ever played.
Wow that was a change of heart. It's either a disgusting racially insensitive piece of work or the best game ever. Which is it? :lol:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

yes both. i've always avoid this series because i was always disgusted by the violence and profanity. but for some reason I really like this one. It's just awesome the variety of gameplay, racing, flying, mini games, missions, and the best part is the story and characters. Were the other past GTA games like this as well? Problem is when I put this in, I play like 3-4 hours straight. it's hard to stop. I will have to play on Friday's and Saturday nights when everyone is asleep. But game is really great thus far. When I'm done, I wouldnt mind playing it over again.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GTA represents the main reason we play games better than perhaps any series ever -- it's a pure, unapologetic escape. GTA thrusts us into an exciting, dangerous, illicit, amoral world that 99.8 percent of us have never and will never experience.

Bring on more killing, crimes, drugs, hookers, guns, gangs, profanity, slurs, blunts, thefts and the like. That's why I play GTA and why I love it! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:GTA represents the main reason we play games better than perhaps any series ever -- it's a pure, unapologetic escape. GTA thrusts us into an exciting, dangerous, illicit, amoral world that 99.8 percent of us have never and will never experience.

Bring on more killing, crimes, drugs, hookers, guns, gangs, profanity, slurs, blunts, thefts and the like. That's why I play GTA and why I love it! :)
So true...

:lol:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:GTA represents the main reason we play games better than perhaps any series ever -- it's a pure, unapologetic escape. GTA thrusts us into an exciting, dangerous, illicit, amoral world that 99.8 percent of us have never and will never experience.

Hell yes! I don't know about the 99.8% though. There are some shady characters on this site...starting with you! I fear XXXIV will be doing some hard time in general population if he ever meets RamJag (NHL developer) :lol:
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:

Hell yes! I don't know about the 99.8% though. There are some shady characters on this site...starting with you! I fear XXXIV will be doing some hard time in general population if he ever meets RamJag (NHL developer) :lol:
You are on my crew for 14% of the take.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

All I know is I'm the driver. And you can't afford me.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

50%?

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

It's also the most puzzling game for me because I have never been able to get into it for those reasons. It's so brilliant on so many levels, and GTA V is a towering technical achievement as well. I almost picked it up again for the XBO, but I simply can't get into playing criminals. I am not squeamish at all about game violence, love playing anti-heroes who sometimes go beyond law and order to achieve their ends (such as Nathan Drake killing 8000 henchman in your average Uncharted game), but whenever I play a real criminal or evil character, it actually blocks the escapism for me. Very surprising for someone who is a card-carrying member of the liberal church of moral relativism :D

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

XXXIV wrote:50%?
OK I lied. You can afford me :lol:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... tav-for-pc
We are excited to announce that the launch of Heists for GTA Online is scheduled for March 10th. We know it’s been a wait, and appreciate your patience. Heists will bring a brand new 4-player cooperative gameplay experience to GTA Online, giving players the chance to team up to pull off a string of intense, multi-part raids and robberies across Los Saontos and Blaine County. Over the next couple of weeks, we will have more information about the launch of Heists and about other new features that we will release with it.
Finally.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... tav-for-pc
We are excited to announce that the launch of Heists for GTA Online is scheduled for March 10th. We know it’s been a wait, and appreciate your patience. Heists will bring a brand new 4-player cooperative gameplay experience to GTA Online, giving players the chance to team up to pull off a string of intense, multi-part raids and robberies across Los Saontos and Blaine County. Over the next couple of weeks, we will have more information about the launch of Heists and about other new features that we will release with it.
Finally.
Perhaps a get together is in order? :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25