XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Inuyasha, can you trade in an old 360 or PS3 to Best Buy? Are they still offering the trade in deal? I ask because you can pick up a movers packet from your local post office that has a 10 percent off any one item. You should be able to use the coupon on top of your trade in. Just a suggestion but I'm not 100 percent BB is still part of the trade in deal.
As far as I know the trade in deal where you get $100 off was never a Best Buy deal it was always Microsoft Store only.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:I've played them all, and to say DriveClub is on par with either Forza is crazy. So crazy I didn't even want to chime in when I read it the first time. The only thing DriveClub even has in the same zip code is graphics. It's pretty, but that's where all comparisons stop.

Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 absolutely worth buying the system for if you are a racing fan. When you drive around with the XB1's tactile triggers, it's a totally different feel.
Terry -- the true racing game sage of DSP -- raises a GREAT point about the controllers. The XB1 controller is the best off-the-shelf controller for racing games I've ever used, and my experience goes all the way back to this:

I have played racing games on a PS4 at a kiosk, and the tactile triggers on the XB1 controller CRUSH the Dual Shock for racing games. There's simply no comparison.

Neckthai is still around, still working for INDYCAR. He still games, and I still think he lurks around here from time to time, without posting.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Plenty of links here to Xbox One deals for Inuyasha and others ready to jump on the XB1 Happy Train!

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340 ... er-newegg/
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Amazon has XBO AC Bundle + $70 credit right now. I will just do this then. MS store is a bit far and no way I want to go out the last weekend before xmas.

and really I WILL NEVER LET GO OF MY XBOX 360! NEVVVVVEEERRRR! :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500 wrote:Plenty of links here to Xbox One deals for Inuyasha and others ready to jump on the XB1 Happy Train!

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340 ... er-newegg/

cool, thanks. didnt know why i didnt see this post before, but got it from amazon. Forza 2 is on sale at BB for 34.99 right now. With UGC it comes down to like 24 bucks. not a bad deal.

added - does XBO come w/ free month of XBL Gold like 360 use to?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Anyone think PS4/PSN will be affected by the North Korea Sony hack? What a bunch of pusses cowering down to terrorist threats.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Maybe. I hope they release it for free if the streaming services are as chicken s*** as the theaters and refuse to host it.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:Anyone think PS4/PSN will be affected by the North Korea Sony hack? What a bunch of pusses cowering down to terrorist threats.
I think a few fanboys will tilt at a few windmills, and then everyone will go back to buying and playing games on their console of choice.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I imagine between people activating new PS4, Xb1 and Netflix accounts, the entire internet will explode Christmas day (hackers or no hackers). Regardless, the first thing everyone will think is "omg, Kim Jong!!!!"...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Walmart PS4 Sale - $330

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Assassin's Creed Unity bundle with a $50 gift card and a free copy of Destiny today at Best Buy for $349.

Holy F*CK -- that's the system, AC Black Flag, AC Unity, Destiny and almost the full purchase price of a fourth game for 350 bones. SMOKIN' deal for those looking to join the XB1 Happy Train.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

My xbo is coming today. I'm so giddy about it. Going to play forza 2.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

FH2 is the reason I finally broke down and purchased an Xbox One. I've already accumulated quite a collection of games for the system. No Ragrets! :p
GT = Wilk5280

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:My xbo is coming today. I'm so giddy about it. Going to play forza 2.
I know it shouldn't matter, but you have got to stop calling it Forza 2. It's Forza Horizon 2. Got with FH2, or even the celebrity couple name version, Forizon 2. :-)

This is Forza 2.

This is Forza Horizon 2:
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ah, let him call it what he wants. Welcome to the XB1 Happy Train!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Inuyasha wrote:My xbo is coming today. I'm so giddy about it. Going to play forza 2.
Welcome aboard dude. Live it up. You'll love it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Welcome aboard dude. Live it up. You'll love it.
The anonymous side has lost yet another soldier.

:lol: :lol:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

damn long night at work.

Finally got home and it was here. Unboxed it, man what a sexy looking console. Don't ask why but my first urge was to kiss it, and I did :)

Doing the setup now and hope I can at least get a game in. Just dead tired now and want to sleep so don't want to spend my first night w/ xbox one being weary. Doing short day tomorrow so maybe that is better.

And thanks everyone for the deals and suggestions and the kind words and well wishes.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

They had 2 XBL 14 day trial cards in there. CAn I use both or will it let me use only one?

Also, the welcome menu's are so barren with info. I was expecting to see so more things like 360. Unless I'm not accessing everything right now.

So how do I get EA Access? I found one UFC Free ad, i clicked on it, but sayd get EA Access Hub free.

edit - ok, i see how they did this. there are smaller menus in the bigger menus. i guess i see it being more organized in a way. It's not too different than PS4 when you down into the sub menus. I guess it'll take time to get use to, but I still think 360s UI was the best.

- is there a way to eject disc from controller?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Inuyasha wrote:damn long night at work.

Finally got home and it was here. Unboxed it, man what a sexy looking console. Don't ask why but my first urge was to kiss it, and I did :)

Doing the setup now and hope I can at least get a game in. Just dead tired now and want to sleep so don't want to spend my first night w/ xbox one being weary. Doing short day tomorrow so maybe that is better.

And thanks everyone for the deals and suggestions and the kind words and well wishes.
:lol:

Enjoy, I love my XB1!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Inuyasha wrote:They had 2 XBL 14 day trial cards in there. CAn I use both or will it let me use only one?
I'm pretty sure you can use one after the first expires. I don't know if you can enter them both at once.
So how do I get EA Access? I found one UFC Free ad, i clicked on it, but sayd get EA Access Hub free.
Go to the Store Tab and search for it. I have no idea hwo to navigate to it.
- is there a way to eject disc from controller?
I have no idea, good question.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:- is there a way to eject disc from controller?
I'm pretty sure you can do it from the Home page on the UI.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I actually Googled this and according to all the Xbox support articles I could find the only way to eject the disc is via the console button itself.

I guess I never thought about it, whenever I am ejecting a disc I am putting in a new one but I know the 360 did this via controller.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

That's cute that you guys are still using DVD's.

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

RobVarak wrote:That's cute that you guys are still using DVD's.
I'm 100% digital on the PC but console games I'm 50/50 only because of the inconveniences of downloading from consoles. I've had pre-downloads not work on PSN, My Xbox stops downloading if I shut it off even thought it shouldn't and them there is the slowness factor. Downloading off of Steam and then off of either service games of similar size take almost twice as long on PSN or XBL.

I don't know if this has to do with the number of users, their infrastructure of my provider throttling traffic to those services. If i could get either system to reliably download games while they were "off" in standby mode that would help.
Follow Me on: