FIFA 15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: FIFA 15

Post by sportdan30 »

I agree Paul. It's fun to play against my son from time to time, but the single player experience is severely lacking. Every team plays the same pretty much. It reminds me of playground soccer. I'm probably going to flip this game when PES comes out. I saw things in the PES demo that I would never see in FIFA 15.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

The last time that the single-person mode in a stick and ball sports game wasn't lacking was???

I'm going to go with never. Maybe a few years of The Show got close? WE/PES back in the mid-00's, if you were willing to stomach the graphics?

Multi-player, despite the exploits and numbskulls, is the only way to fly. Join us for Online Clubs. We suck, but we knock it around enough that once in a while we play some genuinely beautiful football. Or play online PvP. There are always a few assassins out there who are unbeatable, but I played hundreds of great games in FUT over the years.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I enjoy FIFA 15 offline because I'm a casual soccer gamer. I think that's who they try to get to buy this game since I'm not into soccer tactics and x's and o's. I like the game because to me it makes soccer fun.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'd love to try a club game some time. I've never played one and I'm as green as they come :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

This last World Cup was finally the event that got me interested in soccer enough to stick with a soccer game long enough to appreciate it. But I figured out pretty quickly that I'm a long ways from being ready to play online. Soccer is not fun on the wrong end of a 10-0 blow out.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

RobVarak wrote:The last time that the single-person mode in a stick and ball sports game wasn't lacking was???

I'm going to go with never. Maybe a few years of The Show got close? WE/PES back in the mid-00's, if you were willing to stomach the graphics?

Multi-player, despite the exploits and numbskulls, is the only way to fly. Join us for Online Clubs. We suck, but we knock it around enough that once in a while we play some genuinely beautiful football. Or play online PvP. There are always a few assassins out there who are unbeatable, but I played hundreds of great games in FUT over the years.
MLB the Show and NBA 2K both are fantastic games offline. Maybe that's because they are HORRENDOUS online, but they still do the single player experience correctly.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

$47.99 Today's Amazon Gold Box deal PS4/X1/PS3/360

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:The last time that the single-person mode in a stick and ball sports game wasn't lacking was???

MLB the Show and NBA 2K both are fantastic games offline. Maybe that's because they are HORRENDOUS online, but they still do the single player experience correctly.
It's been years since I played The Show, but I've got an inherent beef with hoops games that I'll admit is a bit silly. I can't deal with games modeling intangible voodoo like momentum. It shouldn't be easier for me to put the ball in the bucket just because I put the last two in. Drives me crazy that every basketball game since time immemorial does this, often in a completely over the top manner. I played a lot of 2k14 and suffered through it because I thought the pro career stuff was so ingenius, but it irks me to no end.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have such a love-hate relationship with this game through six hours of EA Access play.

It's not a realistic game of soccer against the AI. Not even close. But damn if FIFA 15 isn't pretty, deep and fun. And the latter is why we play games, right?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:I have such a love-hate relationship with this game through six hours of EA Access play.

It's not a realistic game of soccer against the AI. Not even close. But damn if FIFA 15 isn't pretty, deep and fun. And the latter is why we play games, right?
That's the hook !

Now download and play PES 2015 and you'll never play FIFA 15 again. It's like playing with a team (PES) vs doing everything yourself (FIFA). I'll definitely play FIFA 15 when EA drops it into the vault.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Rodster wrote:
pk500 wrote:I have such a love-hate relationship with this game through six hours of EA Access play.

That's the hook !

Now download and play PES 2015 and you'll never play FIFA 15 again. It's like playing with a team (PES) vs doing everything yourself (FIFA). I'll definitely play FIFA 15 when EA drops it into the vault.

I'm with Rodster. after playing the new PES demo i've been unable to enjoy a game of Fifa. It simply sucks you into the match in ways Fifa can't.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have played the hell out of the PES 2015 demo. While it's more realistic than FIFA, PES 2015 still has its share of annoying, unrealistic quirks. Plus it's not as deep in modes as FIFA, and the lack of certain licenses hurts.

FIFA 15 is unrealistic, but it's fun. PES 2015 is more realistic, but it feels sterile and stale to me. Zero immersion or atmosphere.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:

Yep. 100% on point.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

:D :) 8)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

You hear it all the time but you don't think that it would happen to you. I got my FUT account hacked today. Over 980.000 coins lost, 3000 worth of points and not to mention all players covering the eleven squads that I so carefully built on Ultimate team. So pissed off... :evil:

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

That sucks. I love EA.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Regarding the update that just came out, is there some reason NYCFC and Orlando City weren't simply placed in 'Rest of World'?

I'll assume the answer is FUT is a revenue generator. :roll:
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

This game has really drawn me in. I love the manager mode, and I am having a blast with the onfield gameplay. I've played the crap out of this title.

Keep in mind I am a complete casual soccer fan (although my interest is growing) so a lot of the nuances of soccer that the PES fans will probably appreciate are at this point lost on me.

Bottom line to me is, the game is fun.
-BK

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

That's where I am at with FIFA. I even tried to pop in the PES demo the other night, and I quit out after not very long. It may be more realistic and organic, but it is ugly and clunky compared to FIFA. FIFA may be arcade and unrealistic, but it is fun to play. For a casual fan, it hits the spot. Maybe someday I will need what PES offers.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Aristo wrote:That's where I am at with FIFA. I even tried to pop in the PES demo the other night, and I quit out after not very long. It may be more realistic and organic, but it is ugly and clunky compared to FIFA. FIFA may be arcade and unrealistic, but it is fun to play. For a casual fan, it hits the spot. Maybe someday I will need what PES offers.
Considered picking up PES 2015, but since the new update, I'm very pleased with the gameplay. It's not on par realistic wise with PES, but they really cleaned up the defensive positioning on both sides of the ball. I'm finding I'm not getting the same scoring chances I'm accustomed to. And playing against my son is such an enjoyment.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Picked this up for my new Pkaystation 4. Initially I was just astonished by the off field options and the beauty of the graphics. But then I was hit with that same old FIFA single player gameplay experience - every team plays exactly the same - like Barcelona with all the keep away and possession.

Would it kill EA to make a soccer game AI that actually plays like a soccer team?

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

dougb wrote: Would it kill EA to make a soccer game AI that actually plays like a soccer team?

Doug
The solution is the only thing they didn't steal from PES years ago: Have crap players actually be crap. This opens up the entire experience and makes it so much more dynamic. Can't play like Barca with players from the Brazilian second division...except in FIFA.

Oddly enough PES has abandoned this as well, so that's not likely to happen again in either series.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Is anyone playing this much these days? Why can't I cross? I've always had some trouble in FIFA games crossing from the wings, but in the little I've played of this, I'm finding it nearly impossible. Even the quickest tap of the cross button when I'm down the wing below the 18 yard box results in a massive ball that goes all the way across to the opposite wing. I can't for the life of me find a way to produce a dangerous ball in the middle of the box near my striker for an attempt on goal.

Any tips? I've tried the occasional double tap but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Otherwise, I have to say that even in my limited time with this game I am very impressed and encouraged with the changes from last year. The physical interactions among players are random, various, unpredictable, and make for a much more fun experience on the pitch. Mind you, I exclusively play online head to head games and mostly in the FUT mode. (I so wish I could get one, just one super valuable player in a pack so I can bankroll some fun teams. Just one Muller or Ronaldo or something worth over 100K on the market!)

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote: (I so wish I could get one, just one super valuable player in a pack so I can bankroll some fun teams. Just one Muller or Ronaldo or something worth over 100K on the market!)
Can't help you with the crossing. I don't recall it being an issue, although I haven't played much since the first month or so.

But I'm with you on the FUT. In almost every other year I've played, I was able to find a whale to subsidize my team building. No such luck this year...and probably not coincidentally, I haven't played as much.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zeppo wrote:Is anyone playing this much these days? Why can't I cross? I've always had some trouble in FIFA games crossing from the wings, but in the little I've played of this, I'm finding it nearly impossible. Even the quickest tap of the cross button when I'm down the wing below the 18 yard box results in a massive ball that goes all the way across to the opposite wing. I can't for the life of me find a way to produce a dangerous ball in the middle of the box near my striker for an attempt on goal.

Any tips? I've tried the occasional double tap but it doesn't seem to solve the issue.

Otherwise, I have to say that even in my limited time with this game I am very impressed and encouraged with the changes from last year. The physical interactions among players are random, various, unpredictable, and make for a much more fun experience on the pitch. Mind you, I exclusively play online head to head games and mostly in the FUT mode. (I so wish I could get one, just one super valuable player in a pack so I can bankroll some fun teams. Just one Muller or Ronaldo or something worth over 100K on the market!)
Freaking Ronaldo goes something like 2 million plus, just crazy numbers. You might as well buy coins from a trust able source and buy a particular good player than trying to score with a pack. I haven't played Fifa as much this season as I had in the past since my FUT account was hacked a couple of months ago. To their credit, EA gave me most of the coins back and some to cover my losses but never the players that I had covering all 11 squads.

I am not experiencing the issues you have with the crosses and thank God they toned the headers way down in 15. I wonder if your issue is with the X button in particular, the same problem I was having with my LS in one of my controllers while playing NHL 15.

With some of the coins returned I started forming up some squads again and enjoy playing the offline/online tournaments more than seasons. Going back to top players, do you have Tevez? I am thinking of selling him so we could do a trade. He's cheap these days in the mid 10K's and can score of course.