End of an XBL era for me

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

End of an XBL era for me

Post by Brando70 »

Decided not renew my XBL Gold subscription today. I joined either at launch or shortly thereafter, so more than 10 years. But since getting a PS4 last year, I probably played on my 360 for maybe 15-20 hours all year, and don't have room in the schedule to own two consoles.

Just funny that it was the first time I was actually a little sad about cancelling a service.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: End of an XBL era for me

Post by pk500 »

We'll miss you, dude. You were one of the DSP originals on the XBL beta, right?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you were in the beta like me it should be 13 years. I don't know where but in setting up a 2nd XB1 yesterday when I claimed my live account it said 13 years of service. I was like holy crap that is a long time. I still remember the end of beta party and playing Mech Assault. Man those were fun games.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The original MotoGP was orgasmic for me, too, on the XBL beta. The first time I played on the Live beta, talking to you cats with lag-free performance, was as mind-blowing as the first time I logged on the Internet with Netcom in July 1994.

In this era of unfinished games, shoddy patches and botched hardware rollouts, it's pretty wild that MS all but nailed online gaming with XBL from the beta.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Brando70 wrote:Decided not renew my XBL Gold subscription today. I joined either at launch or shortly thereafter, so more than 10 years. But since getting a PS4 last year, I probably played on my 360 for maybe 15-20 hours all year, and don't have room in the schedule to own two consoles.

Just funny that it was the first time I was actually a little sad about cancelling a service.
You big dummy.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

*sniff* We never loved you anyway! *sniff*

But seriously, this kind of practical decision making ("I don't have room in the schedule to own two consoles") is terrifying. Next you're going to tell me you don't have a Steam backlog...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando the $100 trade in at the MS store and getting a XB1 for $250 is a really good deal... just saying.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

End of an era indeed.
RobVarak wrote:
Brando70 wrote:Decided not renew my XBL Gold subscription today. I joined either at launch or shortly thereafter, so more than 10 years. But since getting a PS4 last year, I probably played on my 360 for maybe 15-20 hours all year, and don't have room in the schedule to own two consoles.

You big dummy.
:lol: :lol:

Macca00 wrote:*sniff* We never loved you anyway! *sniff*

But seriously, this kind of practical decision making ("I don't have room in the schedule to own two consoles") is terrifying. Next you're going to tell me you don't have a Steam backlog...
I agree and I am scared.

Brando! Come back!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I actually did the same earlier this year when my Live ran out. I just don't play enough online to keep it around, and most of my gaming is now PS4.

(I did check to see if Trials scores still worked with silver live, though, and they do, so all's good there!!! :) )

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

pk500 wrote:We'll miss you, dude. You were one of the DSP originals on the XBL beta, right?
I don't think I was on the beta, but I signed up either right when it launched or very soon after. Ghost Recon was the big draw for me, and I remember having a blast on Project Gotham 2 nights.

Anyway, it struck me how I got a little sad over cancelling a service. I couldn't think of a similar feeling where I had a lot of history and good feelings attached to something like this.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

You'll be back! ;)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971