The Beautiful Game thread, season 2014/15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Beautiful Game thread, season 2014/15

Post by 10spro »

RobVarak wrote:
Macca00 wrote:Handballs are legal now, guys.
Apparently so, given the goal Aguero just scored.
I thought he was more offside than hand but in any case, he slept that air ball nicely. City is a shadow of what they used to be. They need the points, let's see if Zdeko makes a difference.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The defense is in shambles, Mangala and Demichelis have no chemistry whatsoever, Toure has not been the same since well 'You guys haven't celebrated my B-day' last season. Nasri is lost. Where would this team be without Aguero?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
Macca00 wrote:Handballs are legal now, guys.
Apparently so, given the goal Aguero just scored.
I thought he was more offside than hand but in any case, he slept that air ball nicely. City is a shadow of what they used to be. They need the points, let's see if Zdeko makes a difference.
Handballs are clearly legal.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
XXXIV wrote: Why not put Lambert in their with instead of for Balotelli?
I don't think Lambert is the answer to any questions posed by a clash against a top side. The subs were odd today. Can was clearly fading, but Coutinho was playing so well. I can't understand why he was withdrawn. I would've kept rolling with Ballo up front. His movement and workrate were excellent.

The most shocking thing about watching us play is the interplay between Balotelli and Sterling. I don't think I've ever seen two players with less chemistry and understanding. They can't link up for even the most routine of plays. Neither is specifically at fault, they just seem to have no common ground when it comes to understanding how they want to play.
Sturridge is missed.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Maybe they just arent calling any penalties against certain teams?

Swansea just got screwed by a premier league ref/goon against Arsenal. Another clear penalty not given.

Wtf?!

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

RobVarak wrote:Can was clearly fading, but Coutinho was playing so well. I can't understand why he was withdrawn. I would've kept rolling with Ballo up front. His movement and workrate were excellent.
I wonder if Coutinho is unable to complete a full 90 mins as Rodgers always seems to take him off. I agree with you - I thought he was great yesterday and still got the hook....for Borini. Borini works hard but that doesn't necessarily make him a good player. I also thought Balo was really good it's just that he's on an island all alone with little support.

Still ticked off about yesterday, Chelsea definitely the better team but ref not calling what is essentially a diving save by Cahill is just f***in ridiculous.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Newcastle level with Man U after earning fourth consecutive EPL win and fifth win overall on the trot. Not bad, considering Fat Mike spent about one-tenth of MUFC this summer.

Perez's back-heel goal was a BEAUTY today against West Brom.

Pardew for Prime Minister! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

This is one of the reasons Carlitos Tevez will be back playing for the National team.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Another win today for the hottest team in the Premier League -- NEWCASTLE UNITED!

Five EPL wins on the bounce and into the top half of the table. Pardew for Prime Minister! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Where would ManU be today without De Gea? Well certainly not in the top four with their win today and with all the injuries they've suffered so far. All the chances that Arsenal wasted in the first half ended up costing them the game. Karma is a b*tch indeed. If Wilshere would and should have been sent off after his aggressive attemp at a head butt to Fellaini, he wouldn't be injured in the second half. Then it gets worse of course with their keeper getting his ribs injured.

The young lad has to control his temper to be considered a top player in the EPL, he's still young.

The counter attack by the blue team was just too lethal for Arsene's team. The D has to be stronger, they are getting burned badly, you would think they learned something from last week's game against Swansea.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Krul has been great for my fantasy team. Four clean sheets in the last 5, I think.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

10spro wrote:Where would ManU be today without De Gea? Well certainly not in the top four with their win today and with all the injuries they've suffered so far. All the chances that Arsenal wasted in the first half ended up costing them the game. Karma is a b*tch indeed. If Wilshere would and should have been sent off after his aggressive attemp at a head butt to Fellaini, he wouldn't be injured in the second half. Then it gets worse of course with their keeper getting his ribs injured.

The young lad has to control his temper to be considered a top player in the EPL, he's still young.

The counter attack by the blue team was just too lethal for Arsene's team. The D has to be stronger, they are getting burned badly, you would think they learned something from last week's game against Swansea.
Where would Liverpool be without Suarez? Oh right, never mind...

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dougb wrote:
10spro wrote:Where would ManU be today without De Gea? Well certainly not in the top four with their win today and with all the injuries they've suffered so far. All the chances that Arsenal wasted in the first half ended up costing them the game. Karma is a b*tch indeed. If Wilshere would and should have been sent off after his aggressive attemp at a head butt to Fellaini, he wouldn't be injured in the second half. Then it gets worse of course with their keeper getting his ribs injured.

Where would Liverpool be without Suarez? Oh right, never mind...

Doug
Sturridge may be missed as well.

That was so ugly.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Excuse me boys, I'm just running a bath - anyone seen the toaster? I need one with an extra long extension cord.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Make me a bagel first Macca

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:lol: :lol:

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Forgive me if this was already in the thread or elsewhere on the site, but I'm on my mobile and searching around is a PITA.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Make me a bagel first Macca
No problem.

I would have asked Dejan Lovren to make it for you but he'd get pushed over by the toaster. Could ask Stevie G but he'd just stand there motionless, expecting Henderson to make it for him. Glen Johnson would set the kitchen on fire. Skrtel tried but spent 90 minutes pulling the paper bag the bagels came in. Balotelli would ask why you don't just have an espresso instead. Sturridge was about to make it but got injured. Finally, I asked Brendan but he's too busy telling me how he's going to 'fight and die' for the 'project'/bagel to actually make the damn thing.

Meanwhile, in Barcelona an ex-player of ours got Luis Enrique this*;

* though, to be fair, he did also call the guy at the bakery a n&*#^r! I guess nobody's perfect...

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Macca00 wrote:
No problem.

I would have asked Dejan Lovren to make it for you but he'd get pushed over by the toaster. Could ask Stevie G but he'd just stand there motionless, expecting Henderson to make it for him. Glen Johnson would set the kitchen on fire. Skrtel tried but spent 90 minutes pulling the paper bag the bagels came in. Balotelli would ask why you don't just have an espresso instead. Sturridge was about to make it but got injured. Finally, I asked Brendan but he's too busy telling me how he's going to 'fight and die' for the 'project'/bagel to actually make the damn thing.

* though, to be fair, he did also call the guy at the bakery a n&*#^r! I guess nobody's perfect...

Macca wins the internet for today.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:
Macca00 wrote:
No problem.

Macca wins the internet for today.
He sure did.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

:lol: yeh but he forgot Sterling dropped the bagel and it bounced of his foot and he ran into the door after it and knocked himself out. :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Fantastic job by Newcastle's subs as they upset Mourinho's side. Who the hell is Alnwick? Didn't matter, he played like a veteran while Coloccini and Taylor were a solid wall in front of him. Cisse was lethal too, they are a confident bunch.

Arsenal continues to struggle and if City wins tonight, they can cut Chealsea's lead to 3 just as everyone thought they may run with the title this season. City seems to be peaking at the right time.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I could happily spend my whole weekend watching Mourinho in the post-game interview crying about the ball boy wasting time.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

RobVarak wrote:I could happily spend my whole weekend watching Mourinho in the post-game interview crying about the ball boy wasting time.
Funny he didn't' mentioned about the extra 6 additional minutes. Although he's correct in mentioning it, unfortunately it still happens everywhere, just more so in other parts of this universe.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »