XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by XXXIV »

sportdan30 wrote:Woa....I don't think Feanor meant any disrespect or was throwing the sales data in anyone's face. We've been reporting sales figures throughout this thread. I've seen this report at quite a few other sites. We can all agree in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, unless we're on the board with Sony or MS.

Like Inuyasha, I too want an Xbox One, but unless I find one for cheap on CL, I'm content on waiting until next year when there are more games that interest me.
Mind reading is a tough skill to master...

Moving on.

Seriously? Who cares about sales data?

Anyone?

If you care about sales data please post. Tell us all why you would care.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I quit caring about sales data a long time ago, pretty juvenile. Both systems offer the same shitty experience in their own way.

PK, the reason I brought up the vibration in the controller was because it got pretty annoying for me playing NBA 2K15. At times it felt like a jack hammer going off. The 360 gives you the option to turn it off by default.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Rodster wrote:I quit caring about sales data a long time ago, pretty juvenile. Both systems offer the same shitty experience in their own way.

PK, the reason I brought up the vibration in the controller was because it got pretty annoying for me playing NBA 2K15. At times it felt like a jack hammer going off. The 360 gives you the option to turn it off by default.
You might check individual game settings. Seems like I've seen it in some games settings. Just a thought.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah, I double and triple checked the settings. Then I did a search and it's on the wishlist of other gamers. Similar complaint, it's an option in the 360 but not the One.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Nobody cares about sales yet they care enough to proclaim loudly that they don't care about sales ... :lol:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

wco81 wrote:Nobody cares about sales yet they care enough to proclaim loudly that they don't care about sales ... :lol:
Great answer!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I turned on my 360 today and it reminded me how great a system that is/was. Next gen is great but it'll really take a lot to match the quality game library and fun factor of 360. The user interface is still better than PS4/XBO.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Inuyasha wrote:I turned on my 360 today and it reminded me how great a system that is/was. Next gen is great but it'll really take a lot to match the quality game library and fun factor of 360. The user interface is still better than PS4/XBO.
I will be curious to see how Shadows of Mordor is on the PS3/360. Even though the mechanics borrow a lot from previous generations in terms of gameplay, it's the first current generation game that's really wowed me in terms of presentation. The sheer number of enemies and the detail in the game are way ahead of anything I played on the last generation.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:I turned on my 360 today and it reminded me how great a system that is/was. Next gen is great but it'll really take a lot to match the quality game library and fun factor of 360. The user interface is still better than PS4/XBO.
I will be curious to see how Shadows of Mordor is on the PS3/360. Even though the mechanics borrow a lot from previous generations in terms of gameplay, it's the first current generation game that's really wowed me in terms of presentation. The sheer number of enemies and the detail in the game are way ahead of anything I played on the last generation.
It's kind of an premature statement to make in the first place that the next gen library is not as quality as last gen. Next Gen is not even a year old and the 360 is almost 9 years old, of course there are going to be more quality games. Now if we get to this point next year and there are not a lot of really quality titles then I'll be in agreement but less than a year in I'm not expecting much.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

MS is finally releasing some kiosks with playable demos. Dont know what took them so long, but I tried one out today. Played Forza 5. How the hell do you keep the car on the track? I tried 4 demo cars and all of them were skidding around. Is the forza series not for casual racing fans but more for experts?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Inuyasha wrote:MS is finally releasing some kiosks with playable demos. Dont know what took them so long, but I tried one out today. Played Forza 5. How the hell do you keep the car on the track? I tried 4 demo cars and all of them were skidding around. Is the forza series not for casual racing fans but more for experts?
Guess it depends how the options were set, if none of the assist are on it's a real b*tch to drive for guys like me who suck at racing games.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Inuyasha wrote:MS is finally releasing some kiosks with playable demos. Dont know what took them so long, but I tried one out today. Played Forza 5. How the hell do you keep the car on the track? I tried 4 demo cars and all of them were skidding around. Is the forza series not for casual racing fans but more for experts?
Forza 5 definitely is more of a sim than Forza Horizon 2. Horizon 2 is a mix between the two. I'm an awful sim racer, and generally have to use the racing lines to have a chance to compete. The Horizon series is much more forgiving and fun IMO.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

There are plenty of settings that make Forza pretty accessible. The more you turn off, the more credits you earn. It's not bad.

But Forizon 2 is one hell of a lot more fun if you are using assists.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Both Forza next gen games are awesome....I have put my time where my mouth is. Crazy game time...Waiting for WoW expansion. :P

Only two games I own and I have played the living s*** out of both of them. Forza rewards has me driving MINIMUM 2,000 miles each. I need a new game.

One crazy fun arcade like and other crazy fun "sim" like.

Satisfied customer. 8)

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

XB1 November update. Nothing huge, but it is impressive how they keep implementing new features just about every month, many based upon user feedback.

XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

>< f'ing close to pulling the trigger on the AC XBONE Bundle.
GT = Wilk5280

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Didn't think much about that Showcase feature when I read about it, but it looks pretty cool.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:>< f'ing close to pulling the trigger on the AC XBONE Bundle.
You won't regret it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:>< f'ing close to pulling the trigger on the AC XBONE Bundle.
Go for it! You'll have a riot. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Watching the Flyers Hawks while I play some golf on The Golf Club. Love that functionality.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Too lazy to find the Titian fall topic but that update might make me purchase it finally.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/70400 ... ur-players
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Things are looking good for the XB1. I've been very impressed with their progress.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/22/ ... de-in-2015
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Danimal wrote:
Feanor wrote:September NPD sales saw the PS4 outsell the Xbox One by 90%. Since launch the PS4 is about one million units in front in the US.
What does this have to do with any of the conversation in this thread?
The thread title is "XBox One AND PS4 Discussion". Sales numbers are part of that discussion.
XXXIV wrote:Seriously? Who cares about sales data?

Anyone?

If you care about sales data please post. Tell us all why you would care.
The great deals MS has been offering for the Xbox One around the world are a direct result of it falling so far behind the PS4 in sales.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Feanor wrote:The great deals MS has been offering for the Xbox One around the world are a direct result of it falling so far behind the PS4 in sales.
Uh-huh. Sun rises in East, sets in West. Stop beating around the bush: What's your point?

Some people prefer the PS4. Others like the Xbox One. But anyone who chooses a particular console due to sales numbers is a f*cking idiot unless the machine lagging in sales is produced by an upstart company that depends on venture capital for survival. I don't quite think Microsoft falls into that category.

So again, what's your point? The Toyota Camry is the top-selling car in America. Does that make it a better-performing vehicle than a Porsche 911?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Edit: Never mind I'm not in the mood to deal with this. PK summed up everything.
Follow Me on: