XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by MizzouRah »

Well it's nice to have my xb1 turn on now and go directly to TV. :D

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

MizzouRah wrote:Well it's nice to have my xb1 turn on now and go directly to TV. :D
I'm not understanding why they are saying that is a new feature just added, I've had mine set up to boot directly to the TV since setting it up a couple of months ago and I'm not in the preview program either.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Well it's nice to have my xb1 turn on now and go directly to TV. :D
I'm not understanding why they are saying that is a new feature just added, I've had mine set up to boot directly to the TV since setting it up a couple of months ago and I'm not in the preview program either.
Same here. That option seemed to always be there before and I just opted out.
Macca00 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Both systems suck for their own reasons. It's really that simple.
I agree, just seems that all the s*** falls on Microsoft
Sure does read that way.

After the two- three months with the One and my TWO games( I am a LIVE fan) , It will take a very special game to get me to even consider sony.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

The snapped friends app is so much better than the friends menu on the 360 now. As much as Microsoft dorked making the friends list as easy to use in game at launch, it feels pretty damn perfected now. The best part is being able to have as convenient access to it while watching TV without have to switch over.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

kinect is a must for my 8 and 4 year old to play

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Same here. That option seemed to always be there before and I just opted out.
Macca00 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Both systems suck for their own reasons. It's really that simple.
I agree, just seems that all the s*** falls on Microsoft
Sure does read that way.

After the two- three months with the One and my TWO games( I am a LIVE fan) , It will take a very special game to get me to even consider sony.
Told you.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

You sure did.

Props.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Aristo wrote:The snapped friends app is so much better than the friends menu on the 360 now. As much as Microsoft dorked making the friends list as easy to use in game at launch, it feels pretty damn perfected now. The best part is being able to have as convenient access to it while watching TV without have to switch over.

No kidding. And the nice thing is that I've been too stupid to ever remember that it wasn't already a snap application, so I've been saying "Xbox, Snap Friends" since Day 1. Nice that the tech caught up to my intuition.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

A lot of good things happening on the XB1.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

PSN went down for several hours again. No cause. Why am I paying $50 for this s***? It's 2014! How can they a network that goes down weekly. I don't live online but it's nice to have it up most of the time. Not renewing next year if this continues.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:PSN went down for several hours again. No cause. Why am I paying $50 for this s***? It's 2014! How can they a network that goes down weekly. I don't live online but it's nice to have it up most of the time. Not renewing next year if this continues.
This is exactly why I think using the online service as a way to distribute games is a really bad idea. there is no doubt that PS+ delivers far more and better games. And when online was free on the PS3, that was fine. Hell, it was an interesting plan to ease their customers into paying for online play on the PS4.

The problem is, PSN is $10 cheaper than XBL, and they have to pay publishers for the games they keep adding. It leaves a smaller piece of pie to invest in an online service that was already far behind XBL. Now Microsoft has caved and begun doing the same thing. I have no idea how much of an effect diverting revenue to publishers has on the division that keeps XBL running and improving, but it sure hasn't been as smooth as we had with the 360. It is still light years ahead of PSN, but it has had some growing pains at the same time they began diverting revenue and adding a new console to the mix.

I never had a problem paying for XBL, and I still don't. But the moment Sony started this crap I said that it was a bad way to get games. People were paying Sony money in advance in order to acquire "free" games of Sony's choosing. I will admit that the selection ended up being far better than I assumed it would be, but I never wanted Microsoft to match that. Microsoft literally copied the plan of a company that has proven time and time again that it lacks any understanding of what an online service for a console should be.

These are the times I hate the angry internet men.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

vader29 wrote: I'm not understanding why they are saying that is a new feature just added, I've had mine set up to boot directly to the TV since setting it up a couple of months ago and I'm not in the preview program either.
I never knew it was there.. it just asked me with a pop up asking if I wanted to set it up to go directly to TV when turning on.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

September NPD sales saw the PS4 outsell the Xbox One by 90%. Since launch the PS4 is about one million units in front in the US.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Feanor wrote:September NPD sales saw the PS4 outsell the Xbox One by 90%. Since launch the PS4 is about one million units in front in the US.
What does this have to do with any of the conversation in this thread?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Feanor wrote:September NPD sales saw the PS4 outsell the Xbox One by 90%. Since launch the PS4 is about one million units in front in the US.
Exactly. I couldn't give three sh*ts if the PS4 outsold the One by a 10-to-1 ratio. I'm an ecstatic One customer.

If you're trying to express your preference toward the PS4 by citing sales figures, be my guest. I dig the One for its exclusive games, familiar interface, more comfortable controller with force-feedback triggers that are deluxe for racing games and for its far superior online service through Xbox Live.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Exactly. I couldn't give three sh*ts if the PS4 outsold the One by a 10-to-1 ratio. I'm an ecstatic One customer.

If you're trying to express your preference toward the PS4 by citing sales figures, be my guest. I dig the One for its exclusive games, familiar interface, more comfortable controller with force-feedback triggers that are deluxe for racing games and for its far superior online service through Xbox Live.
+1

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:

What he said.

Its the live, the Forza games ( only two games I own are the only two I want this gen so far), the awesome racing controller and how much I do enjoy the features.

Love my system. Enjoy your sales.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I would like to see MS giving us the option to turn off the controller vibration in the settings options. That sh*t is a huge battery hog.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

What?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:I would like to see MS giving us the option to turn off the controller vibration in the settings options. That sh*t is a huge battery hog.
Seriously? The controller vibration and force-feedback triggers are game-changers for me. A Dual Shock feels primitive in comparison, especially in racing games.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:I would like to see MS giving us the option to turn off the controller vibration in the settings options. That sh*t is a huge battery hog.
I would hope you have the play and charge kits for both of them? They eat normal batteries like candy.. but the P&C kit lasts a long time.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Seems like Sony has widened the lead but at this point who cares. Both consoles are pretty much give you the exact same experience and the ps4 hardware edge won't be seen for a long time as no games are really pushing the limit and won't be for a long time.

For some unknown reason, I still want an XBO. I'm happy with PS4, not really into forza last gen, but I'd still like to have the one. Just deciding to spend that money on XBO bundle this holiday season or spending it on a new tv.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Inuyasha wrote:Seems like Sony has widened the lead but at this point who cares. Both consoles are pretty much give you the exact same experience and the ps4 hardware edge won't be seen for a long time as no games are really pushing the limit and won't be for a long time.

For some unknown reason, I still want an XBO. I'm happy with PS4, not really into forza last gen, but I'd still like to have the one. Just deciding to spend that money on XBO bundle this holiday season or spending it on a new tv.
Agreed, all that console war junk from the first few pages just seems so silly now. Most reviews don't even bother with calling out the systems differences (if there are any).
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Seems like Sony has widened the lead but at this point who cares. Both consoles are pretty much give you the exact same experience and the ps4 hardware edge won't be seen for a long time as no games are really pushing the limit and won't be for a long time.

Agreed, all that console war junk from the first few pages just seems so silly now. Most reviews don't even bother with calling out the systems differences (if there are any).
Yep. it doesn't matter at all. All fanboy bullshit now.

We have what we want and we will enjoy it.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Woa....I don't think Feanor meant any disrespect or was throwing the sales data in anyone's face. We've been reporting sales figures throughout this thread. I've seen this report at quite a few other sites. We can all agree in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, unless we're on the board with Sony or MS.

Like Inuyasha, I too want an Xbox One, but unless I find one for cheap on CL, I'm content on waiting until next year when there are more games that interest me.