PES 2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PES 2015

Post by FifaInspected »

Well. After Konami delayed the demo in the USA I decided to create a Hong Kong account via my PS3 to check out the latest offering of PES. After playing only 2 games head to head with my son all i'll say is i'm beyond impressed.. Shocked to be honest. I've not enjoyed a game of video footy this much in a long, long time.

I found this address online for creating an account.. it literally took me less than 5 minutes to do. Also, on the PS store it's under Winning Eleven 2015.

Street Address 1: "1 Harbour Rd"
District: "Hong Kong"
City: "Wan Chai"
Country Region: "Hong Kong"
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2015

Post by Rodster »

Hopefully they'll bring the demo over here so I can check it out. Honestly the PES series has been a giant letdown from it's glory days on the PS2. Seabass could never get a handle coding the game on the PS3 and was finally replaced.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Demo was to be release in the US today. It got bumped to Sept. 23.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Cool Fifa what you liking about it?

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

I'm very excited for PES on the PS4/X1 this year, though it reportedly not having shareable option files on those systems does put a damper on it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just arrived in Hong Kong on biz. Wonder if the game is out for Asia, will check it out tomorrow and if so I will grab the PS4 version being region free.

From my previous experience they need to improve the online gameplay.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Cool Fifa what you liking about it?

Jimmy. I'm the very last person who should be breaking down a game in detail.. I will say this. The game feels and plays like soccer. I feel as if there are no restirctions with what I can do in the game. I can kick the ball around in possession as well as counter attack. It all just feels right. I also love the space on the pitch, as well as the passing. From short little passes to the player a few feet away to the long attacking ball.. I feel as if I have control. (I would suggest dropping the pass assist down from default and tweak it too one's liking) The animiations are fantastic too and it all blends together in silky smooth gameplay. Unlike last year where it seemed like there was one goal keeping animation i've seen a slew already from punches to one hand saves to going to ground etc.

I've seen a couple of hiccups in the engine but nothing that disturbs me much. Most notably i've seen a few situations where there's a slight pause while coming out of an animation.

When I go from the PES demo to the Fifa demo I literally have a hard time finishing a game in Fifa. Fifa looks and feels like a video game to me while PES sucks me into the game.

You should download it as i'm curious what you think.

The game doesn't not release until the end of November.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

I'm watching people play it on 'Live from PlayStation'. Looks a lot like FIFA, to be honest.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Twitch has it.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well for those footie fans that want to try it on the Xbone, I found out that instead of creating a HK address you can simply go to settings, language and location and then change it to Hong Kong. Restart your console and then download the demo. Which by the way, it rocks. It plays such a fluid, sim game of the beautiful game. From the crisp passes to the dangerous crosses, everything feels so real, so organic. You can build up plays, keep possession of the ball, tactics do work to a T. Even on corners, with the different ways that you want to shape your kicks, the way it dips into the zone is very realistic.

Visually the pitch may look washed out, it's not as pretty as Fifa for sure, but I always felt that the players mugs looked sharper than EA's and Konami once again has done a great job of pasting their faces eerily close to their real life players.

A great demo for any dude that has any interest in the sport, I will be pre-ordering the game for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Great tip. Thanks, man. Will give it a go!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

10spro wrote:Well for those footie fans that want to try it on the Xbone, I found out that instead of creating a HK address you can simply go to settings, language and location and then change it to Hong Kong. Restart your console and then download the demo. Which by the way, it rocks. It plays such a fluid, sim game of the beautiful game. From the crisp passes to the dangerous crosses, everything feels so real, so organic. You can build up plays, keep possession of the ball, tactics do work to a T. Even on corners, with the different ways that you want to shape your kicks, the way it dips into the zone is very realistic.

Visually the pitch may look washed out, it's not as pretty as Fifa for sure, but I always felt that the players mugs looked sharper than EA's and Konami once again has done a great job of pasting their faces eerily close to their real life players.

A great demo for any dude that has any interest in the sport, I will be pre-ordering the game for sure.

Yep... it's damn good!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Well the demo is out tomorrow any way right? ill just wait.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Well its so easy why not, im dloading now , thanks 10s .
Loving this thing right now. So glad i got the Kinect.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Will the demo disappear from my hard drive if I return to United States English after downloading the demo?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:Will the demo disappear from my hard drive if I return to United States English after downloading the demo?
Negative.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I dont believe so as i was able to play nhl while waiting for it to download . Sure its the same going back the other way.

I just switched back no problem. THAT was too easy :D Thanks again 10s.
And Loving it so far This is the next gen pes weve been waiting for. I still think the ai defense isnt direct enough around and in the box give too much time and space but much better.
Player likeness WOW check out Robben and try not too laugh at how real he is, player id is awesome on him too moves just like him. :lol:

Jimmy likey, Jimmy want wingy.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I dont believe so as i was able to play nhl while waiting for it to download . Sure its the same going back the other way.

I just switched back no problem. THAT was too easy :D Thanks again 10s.
And Loving it so far This is the next gen pes weve been waiting for. I still think the ai defense isnt direct enough around and in the box give too much time and space but much better.
Player likeness WOW check out Robben and try not too laugh at how real he is, player id is awesome on him too moves just like him. :lol:

Jimmy likey, Jimmy want wingy.
See, there are things we're the X1 is more practical than the PS4. 8)

Yeah, the game is definitely on my radar. Check Marcelo, Ramos, Casillas. Some of the faces are just scarerily similar.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Very cool. Thanks for the tips.

I like PES 2015. The AI tactics are more realistic than FIFA, especially in terms of back passes and switching field while probing the human defense. The AI does more than attack, attack, attack, like in FIFA.

But the CPU buildup by two different teams seemed very similar. Ping the ball around the midfield, probing for space, and then capitalize on the lack of tight marking at the top of the box to set up for a shot or a skill dance into the box for a shot.

I also think the animations are less smooth than FIFA. Herky-jerky.

Early days, but I like the FIFA 15 demo a bit better. Plus the popularity of FIFA and the prospect of active online play among DSPers with that game has me leaning EA instead of Konami this year.

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

pk500 wrote:Very cool. Thanks for the tips.

I like PES 2015. The AI tactics are more realistic than FIFA, especially in terms of back passes and switching field while probing the human defense. The AI does more than attack, attack, attack, like in FIFA.

But the CPU buildup by two different teams seemed very similar. Ping the ball around the midfield, probing for space, and then capitalize on the lack of tight marking at the top of the box to set up for a shot or a skill dance into the box for a shot.

I also think the animations are less smooth than FIFA. Herky-jerky.

Early days, but I like the FIFA 15 demo a bit better. Plus the popularity of FIFA and the prospect of active online play among DSPers with that game has me leaning EA instead of Konami this year.
I always appreciate your impressions, pk.

PES is a weird series. It has a (mostly) well-deserved reputation of being the game that has more realistic play in those areas you mentioned.

But some years, they release a game that shows signs of it, but doesn't quite get there.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Demo is out for the PS3 and PS4. Will download this evening.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Holy sh*t PES is back. What a welcome relief to EA's frustrating version. Damn in just several games, i've seen:

1) the center and back line close down the passing lanes for both your Ai and the CPU
2) the center and forward lines push up towards the goal
3) forwards raising their hands to get around an outside back for an attempt at the GK
4) a backline that actually does what it's supposed to which protect the GK.
5) I've seen a midrange game by the AI.
6) the football seems to have a little more weight in PES

Graphically FIFA still looks a little better (stadium, crowd, lighting). The animations are a little more herky jerky on PES but player faces are top notch in PES and more life like. Neymar replica looks incredible in the game so does Messi.

My biggest beef with EA's FIFA is that it's you against everyone else. In PES it's like you are actually playing on a team.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Rodster wrote:Holy sh*t PES is back. What a welcome relief to EA's frustrating version. Damn in just several games, i've seen:

1) the center and back line close down the passing lanes for both your Ai and the CPU
3) forwards raising their hands to get around an outside back for an attempt at the GK

Graphically FIFA still looks a little better (stadium, crowd, lighting). The animations are a little more herky jerky on PES but player faces are top notch in PES and more life like. Neymar replica looks incredible in the game so does Messi.

My biggest beef with EA's FIFA is that it's you against everyone else. In PES it's like you are actually playing on a team.

Rodster - What console are you playing on?

I'm still old school on last gen where I feel player animations are smoother (ps3) in PES than Fifa. Interesting.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FifaInspected wrote:
Rodster wrote:Holy sh*t PES is back. What a welcome relief to EA's frustrating version. Damn in just several games, i've seen:

I'm still old school on last gen where I feel player animations are smoother (ps3) in PES than Fifa. Interesting.
XB1 but i'm going to compare it to the PS4 probably tomorrow.

edit: Just to be clear. What I mean by herky jerky animations, i'm referring to the transitions of the animations. It appears EA uses a little more transitions when the player changes angles or directions. It just looks better in FIFA.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Rodster wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:

XB1 but i'm going to compare it to the PS4 probably tomorrow.

edit: Just to be clear. What I mean by herky jerky animations, i'm referring to the transitions of the animations. It appears EA uses a little more transitions when the player changes angles or directions. It just looks better in FIFA.
Ah. Got it.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected