XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by grtwhtsk »

TCrouch wrote:
Danimal wrote:Anyone picking up Diablo for the PS4? I'm considering getting it but want to know if anyone else will be around to play it with.
Yep, already picked up 2 copies and linked my accounts. The cool part was, my wife and I played the crap out of it on 360, and after some account management on Battle.net, we were able to import our 360 saves fine so we started with level 60 characters on PS4. Love that part, so we don't have to level up the blacksmith and jewelcrafter guy again.
I picked it up yesterday, and played for a bit before the kids took over the PS4. :lol:

What do you recommend as a class to play with? I started out as a Barbarian, figured it would be easiest to jump in with. I have not really played a Diablo game since the first one on the PC.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Crusader is the jack-of-all trades class. You wear heavy armor, you can wield a big shield and even a 2-handed weapon in one hand, and you have melee attacks, mid-ranged attacks, and long-ranged attacks. You can heal yourself in small doses, you have massive area damage.

Basically, it's the best do-everything class, in my opinion. You won't have the ranged power of a demon hunter or wizard, you won't have pets like a Witch Doctor, you don't bang up close as well as a barbarian, but especially for your first toon--the moment you are playing a barb and you get an elite group that throws down lava puddles, lasers, and jailers---you're dead if you don't have some method of ranged attacks. Barbs have a weapon throw, but you are still limited to doing your real damage up close and personal.

Granted, ANY class can work in any situation. But the Crusader handles any situation well, which makes sense, since it's the new class that they took a year to come up with after the original game shipped.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

TCrouch wrote:Crusader is the jack-of-all trades class. You wear heavy armor, you can wield a big shield and even a 2-handed weapon in one hand, and you have melee attacks, mid-ranged attacks, and long-ranged attacks. You can heal yourself in small doses, you have massive area damage.

Basically, it's the best do-everything class, in my opinion. You won't have the ranged power of a demon hunter or wizard, you won't have pets like a Witch Doctor, you don't bang up close as well as a barbarian, but especially for your first toon--the moment you are playing a barb and you get an elite group that throws down lava puddles, lasers, and jailers---you're dead if you don't have some method of ranged attacks. Barbs have a weapon throw, but you are still limited to doing your real damage up close and personal.

Granted, ANY class can work in any situation. But the Crusader handles any situation well, which makes sense, since it's the new class that they took a year to come up with after the original game shipped.
Thanks TC! :D

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Is there a XB1 setting so it will do auto-system updates without you having to turn on the box & trigger the update? I thought there was, but I don't see it.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

greggsand wrote:Is there a XB1 setting so it will do auto-system updates without you having to turn on the box & trigger the update? I thought there was, but I don't see it.
Go to settings then power/startup. Check the box for auto downloads and make sure the XONE is set to 'instant on' or whatever it's called.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Terry,

Am I right in my impression that this game barely resembles the D3 that we spent some time playing coop together after launch? Wondering if it's worth dropping back in for some more demonic goodness.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

ABSOLUTELY, Rob. It's night and day. For example:

You now have kill streaks that give you a huge boost of XP depending on how quickly you kill packs of mobs, and how many. My wife and I only started toons on Expert, not Master or Torment--and we hit one level at the start of a pack of mobs, and by the end of that pack we leveled again. It was nutty.

Also, if you break 8 random things, it gives you something like a 50% run speed buff for up to a minute. Then double resource regen by catching something in a trap. Legendary drop rate is much, much better.

Plus, as I'm playing along the past couple nights, I found legendary/rare drops. It said "Gift for <insert friend name here>". You actually find loot for other people on your friends list. You hit X and mail it to them, and they get free gear in the mail. That's pretty sick.

Not to mention crafting is overhauled, all of that weird tiered crafting material stuff is replaced by universal components (you even crush white/gray items for common resources), and it's just a very streamlined experience compared to the game released 2 years ago.

And that doesn't even count Adventure Mode. Beat acts 1-5 once, and you unlock adventure mode, where the entire map is opened up, you just run around collecting bounties (killing named mobs) and unlocking Nephalem Rifts, which are totally randomized zones with any combination of maps and mobs. I sh*t you not, one time I was fighting pink teddy bears and purple unicorns in a cave. Beat the story mode one time, and you're no longer forced to sit through the same story repeatedly on a new difficulty. It's just a bunch of random bounties/rifts and hordes of mobs to kill. It even works on new characters, so I have a couple of level 70's on PC that never played the story mode. Just leveled from 1 to 70 in adventure mode the whole way, which beats the tedium of replaying parts of the story that were boring (like the beginning of act 2, the dungeons in act 1, etc).

As far as replayability goes, it's unstoppable.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sounds alot like Diablo will be the next game I buy.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I get no royalties from that game. Fn bullshit! :lol:
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:I get no royalties from that game. Fn bullshit! :lol:
I think they may have named the game after the car. 8)

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Anyone hear when the B2G1 sales might start this year?

Would be nice to see after NHL, FIFA and NB2k are out.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

TCrouch wrote:ABSOLUTELY, Rob. It's night and day. For example:

You now have kill streaks that give you a huge boost of XP depending on how quickly you kill packs of mobs, and how many. My wife and I only started toons on Expert, not Master or Torment--and we hit one level at the start of a pack of mobs, and by the end of that pack we leveled again. It was nutty.

Also, if you break 8 random things, it gives you something like a 50% run speed buff for up to a minute. Then double resource regen by catching something in a trap. Legendary drop rate is much, much better.

Plus, as I'm playing along the past couple nights, I found legendary/rare drops. It said "Gift for <insert friend name here>". You actually find loot for other people on your friends list. You hit X and mail it to them, and they get free gear in the mail. That's pretty sick.

Not to mention crafting is overhauled, all of that weird tiered crafting material stuff is replaced by universal components (you even crush white/gray items for common resources), and it's just a very streamlined experience compared to the game released 2 years ago.

And that doesn't even count Adventure Mode. Beat acts 1-5 once, and you unlock adventure mode, where the entire map is opened up, you just run around collecting bounties (killing named mobs) and unlocking Nephalem Rifts, which are totally randomized zones with any combination of maps and mobs. I sh*t you not, one time I was fighting pink teddy bears and purple unicorns in a cave. Beat the story mode one time, and you're no longer forced to sit through the same story repeatedly on a new difficulty. It's just a bunch of random bounties/rifts and hordes of mobs to kill. It even works on new characters, so I have a couple of level 70's on PC that never played the story mode. Just leveled from 1 to 70 in adventure mode the whole way, which beats the tedium of replaying parts of the story that were boring (like the beginning of act 2, the dungeons in act 1, etc).

As far as replayability goes, it's unstoppable.
Having to play thru the game four and a bit times on the 360 version to get to level 60 was a real drag.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

You hackers are disrupting my playtime. Stop that!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/24/psn- ... g-attacks/
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I noticed that too today. My FIFA wouldn't connect to online. Thought it was me but looks like it was PSN.

Looks like Sony Engineering is implementing a fix to bring PSN back up :

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Peggle 2 coming to PS4. About time!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/30/pe ... ed-for-ps4

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:Peggle 2 coming to PS4. About time!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/30/pe ... ed-for-ps4
I've been playing it on EA Access, a really solid game. Much better than the first game.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas.. I'll soon be picking up a new console and i've still not decided which one to get. I gather the ps4 is the slighly more powerful machine and i'm partial to their Exclusives but am wondering how the PS4 is online from a gameplay perspective. I'm not all that concerned about the user interface as much as I am gameplay / lag type issues. Most of my online gaming time would be spent playing Fifa, NHL etc.

Thanks.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

New digital releases on XB1:

Dance Central Spotlight - $10 for 10 songs. More songs are available for $2 each. Any DLC purchased on 360 for the prior games transfer over free (like Pinball FX2), but songs on discs cannot be imported.

Warframe - Free to play game. Looks like Destiny lite.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Free full-version Xbox One game trials coming for Gold members
Forza 5 becomes first console game to support such full-version trials.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/09/f ... d-members/

Finally get to try this game...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I find it odd no one is really upset that the big Shareplay feature is limited to 60 minute sessions. Perhaps people just don't give a s*** about this feature.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

Danimal wrote:I find it odd no one is really upset that the big Shareplay feature is limited to 60 minute sessions. Perhaps people just don't give a s*** about this feature.
I don't think it's on most people's radar yet since it's something new, but as far as I can tell you can do unlimited sessions. That seems like a fair compromise as otherwise you could walk away from your console and "share" a game while your friend plays it to completion over the next day or two.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Phototropic wrote:That seems like a fair compromise as otherwise you could walk away from your console and "share" a game while your friend plays it to completion over the next day or two.
I hadn't really thought about it being used that way so that make sense. I'm more thinking of you and a friend are in the middle of playing and it ends, idk what the procedure entails for starting a new session.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

http://majornelson.com/2014/09/04/buy-x ... game-free/

For the life of me I couldn't find which retailers were involved but seems like a good deal.
Follow Me on: