XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Danimal »

I love how Sony turned this down because it's not a good value but hey you can spend money on PS Now and play PS3 games or spend $30 to rent a TV series for 90 days or listen to music. They didn't want the competition with their own services but are spinning this to be "for the gamers". Why not let your customer make the decision if it's worth the money?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The reason I call the Sony response BS is because this has NOTHING to do with their games. This is all about EA branded games. So Sony has now allowed EA and MS to cozy up as Sony is basically telling EA, no thanks. Pretty stupid how all these companies operate. So now EA because they were able to work out a deal with MS will be in a more favored position for exclusives, exclusive content as well as more timed content from EA.

I also read on a gaming website, forgot where that Titanfall 2 could be another MS exclusive.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This sums up my feeling on PS Now exactly

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/31/595523 ... bscription

If people pay these prices they are nuts.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I never really saw the appeal of playing backlog games. I wait, in anticipation every year, for the latest and greatest iteration of games. I don't go back and play old games unless they are really old, and for nostalgia purposes. I've got myself an Ouya for that (hello Nintendo, Genesis, PS1, etc.).

This pricing model for PS Now makes it even less appealing to me. As was mentioned in the article Dan posted...$15 for unlimited streaming of games would be acceptable to me, even if I rarely use it.

The EA Access is a little more useful because it gives me access to new games faster, and I get a discount on the new content. There is a value add there. Not really with PS Now.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I think the week long rental makes a modicum of sense, but yeah, Sony has fumbled on the value of PS Now in a big way. And I guess accepting EA Access onto the PS4 would kind of highlight that fact.

Interestingly, I think there are a ton of people that the EA Access is probably not going to be a great deal for either. But if you play EA's sports games and some of their other properties, it seems like a winner to me. It will partially come down to how many games they keep in The Vault and how often they take games out.

This will make even more sense if EA could pump out some ports of games like SSX, NFS, the Bad Company games, and the Dragon Age games. But right now, for many sports fans, it is a great value as is.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I never really saw the appeal of playing backlog games. I wait, in anticipation every year, for the latest and greatest iteration of games. I don't go back and play old games unless they are really old, and for nostalgia purposes. I've got myself an Ouya for that (hello Nintendo, Genesis, PS1, etc.).

This pricing model for PS Now makes it even less appealing to me. As was mentioned in the article Dan posted...$15 for unlimited streaming of games would be acceptable to me, even if I rarely use it.

The EA Access is a little more useful because it gives me access to new games faster, and I get a discount on the new content. There is a value add there. Not really with PS Now.
BOOM...+1. If I can get NHL 15 early - SOLD
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I dig this EA Access thing. It was stupid for Sony to not give users the option. They do well for 9 months and it goes to their head. Reminds me of their arrogance of the PS3 days. Maybe the tide is turning now. MS is getting back to basics while Sony is getting back to greed? If that happens, no problem for me switching out my PS4 for XBO.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote: If I can get NHL 15 early - SOLD
Slam dunk!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

With articles like this, it's always interesting reading the 'Comments' at the end. Fanboys on both sides really come out in force defending their choice.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

It's really silly for anyone to try to argue that the XB1 isn't getting absolutely trounced in sales so far. Hell, Microsoft isn't spinning, they are busy creating a cheaper SKU and doing everything they can to convert as many 360 users as they can.

I don't believe Microsoft is toast, but they are certainly in a position in which they need to change. But I feel better about Microsoft's chances right now than I did a couple of months ago. They need more positive developments, along with some Sony arrogance (PS Now), followed by aggressive price breaks this holiday to even things up. Not dominate, but just to keep up.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

There are some questions about whether the new MS CEO is as committed to gaming business as his predecessor.

People are suggesting MS should spin off the gaming division or just bail on it, if they can't make money any more.

If MS decides to stay with gaming but still trails in sales, they may push for a next gen design sooner than later, to have a chance to re-set their sales.

If 4K takes off in the next couple of years, maybe that would be another impetus for them to push out new consoles. I know, the X1 an PS4 are less than a year old but they represent less of a jump over previous generations than the designs they replaced.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:There are some questions about whether the new MS CEO is as committed to gaming business as his predecessor.

People are suggesting MS should spin off the gaming division or just bail on it, if they can't make money any more.

If MS decides to stay with gaming but still trails in sales, they may push for a next gen design sooner than later, to have a chance to re-set their sales.

If 4K takes off in the next couple of years, maybe that would be another impetus for them to push out new consoles. I know, the X1 an PS4 are less than a year old but they represent less of a jump over previous generations than the designs they replaced.
That wouldn't surprise me the least. Given that both current consoles are based on x86 design it wouldn't hurt MS to just move on but I expect it no earlier than 2 years just for marketing purposes.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Rodster wrote:
wco81 wrote:There are some questions about whether the new MS CEO is as committed to gaming business as his predecessor.

That wouldn't surprise me the least. Given that both current consoles are based on x86 design it wouldn't hurt MS to just move on but I expect it no earlier than 2 years just for marketing purposes.
Yeah, Sega moving on too soon is what lead to EA to abandon them, which is mostly what killed the Dreamcast. Microsoft's and EA's relationship means that is unlikely to happen here. The real question, as you said, is Microsoft's commitment to console gaming after the market rejected the XB1 as an all-in-one media device.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I'm having a new problem w/ PS4 now.

From the start, if I powered my PS4 off and tried to turn it on the next day or after a long period of time, it never would turn on. I would have to hit the eject and power button on the console itself to get it working. So I just put it on standby since then and it's not had a problem.

Now standby is not exactly working. A few times already this weekend, I put it on standby then when I come back to check it, it's totally off. I turn it on and it gives me the 'ps4 did not shut off properly' type of message. I have not had any electrical issues or power outages in my area this weekend.

I read up on it and some others are experiencing this so it may be the patch. But I think I'll send it in to sony.

Anyone knows what determines when you send in your PS4, if you get a new one in a box + cords + controller vs a refurb one they send back? Seems like it's 50/50 if you get a new boxed up one or a refurb.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

PSNow holds no interest for me personally. I bought all the PS3 games I wanted to play, and then got a bunch of other PS3 games from PS+.
Rodster wrote:I also read on a gaming website, forgot where that Titanfall 2 could be another MS exclusive.
Must have been a bad website, because there's no way EA won't put TF2 out on the PS4.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Feanor wrote:PSNow holds no interest for me personally. I bought all the PS3 games I wanted to play, and then got a bunch of other PS3 games from PS+.
Rodster wrote:I also read on a gaming website, forgot where that Titanfall 2 could be another MS exclusive.
Must have been a bad website, because there's no way EA won't put TF2 out on the PS4.

or a dream? :P

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

New XBox One bundle....Kinectless XBox One and Madden for $400

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/04/mi ... den-nfl-15
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Box is coming for my PS4. For those who boxed up and got one back, any problems with the one they sent you?

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Evolve was delayed to February 2015.

Dragon Age Inquisition was delayed, but only 1 month, to November 2014.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition which will include all DLC is coming to XB1 and PS4 in October 2014 for $60.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:Evolve was delayed to February 2015.

Dragon Age Inquisition was delayed, but only 1 month, to November 2014.
This trend will continue, it's going to be a slim year for new IP's and games. The conspiracy thinker in me believe this is all due to Destiny. A game I wanted nothing to do with and now will play for long amounts of time.

Madden 15 is looking solid as well, the improvements to CFM announced yesterday were impressive.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

There was nothing that made Madden's CFM look like a solid way to run an online league. It is freaking abysmal. I wish we could return to the classic online league model without the CPU ruining teams. Six guys each pick teams, possibly redraft them, and then play each other in a 10 game schedule. Rinse and repeat.

CFM is a nice option, but it still causes more headaches than it is worth. CPU's still run their teams like idiots, and the "connected" menus are laggy and awful.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:There was nothing that made Madden's CFM look like a solid way to run an online league. It is freaking abysmal. I wish we could return to the classic online league model without the CPU ruining teams. Six guys each pick teams, possibly redraft them, and then play each other in a 10 game schedule. Rinse and repeat.

CFM is a nice option, but it still causes more headaches than it is worth. CPU's still run their teams like idiots, and the "connected" menus are laggy and awful.
Yep. One of the best online experiences ever was NFL2K5 online season. The espn style league website with stats was sick. Loved that game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:There was nothing that made Madden's CFM look like a solid way to run an online league. It is freaking abysmal. I wish we could return to the classic online league model without the CPU ruining teams. Six guys each pick teams, possibly redraft them, and then play each other in a 10 game schedule. Rinse and repeat.

I didn't find that the cpu ran their teams like idiots in Madden 25 at all and I saw a lot of nice options for a single player experience this year. I'd rather have a league with 6 guys and the cpu that emulates the NFL. The Game Prep and confidence system they added looks solid to me if it works right. The game played pretty good last year and I'm thinking it will play better this year.

To each their own, but before slamming a product I want to give it a go. In case anyone else wants to make up their own mind here is the article

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news ... -franchise
Follow Me on:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Ea acess is becoming a deal breaker for me.

Would you of those here with both systems still take ps4 over xbo if you had to keep one?

aristo - any xbo deals out there right now?