Hockey Night @DSP Season 13-14

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night @DSP Season 13-14

Post by XXXIV »

You gotta love Toews...... Scores the Gold medal game winner at the Olympics and now gets three game winners in this series.

Man now has Two Golds, Two Cups and a Juniors.

Yeah Im a fan....All time great... Im calling it! 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bye bye St. Louis and say hello to all you're trash talking fans who had you winning the cup after 2 games. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Missed the 3rd but not sure the blues mindset. They celebrate like they won the cup after game 1 and 2. Then after the loss in game 5, the post game they're all depressed like the series was over.

The coach needed to remind them after the first 2 games that It takes 4 to win and after game 5 the hawks still need to get to 4 wins.

Not sure how the hawks won since the blues seemed to play better for longer stretches.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well Crawford played out of his ass in the second, it could of easily been 4-1 Blues. I'm not kidding I think he killed 8 minutes of PP time in the second.

Hawks started the 3rd with a PP goal, then followed less than 2 minutes later with a goal. Blues folded up shop after that.
Follow Me on:

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

There is just no pain like being a Blues fans.....they do this to me every damn year.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:You gotta love Toews...... Scores the Gold medal game winner at the Olympics and now gets three game winners in this series.

Are you Canadian or something...

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:You gotta love Toews...... Scores the Gold medal game winner at the Olympics and now gets three game winners in this series.

Are you Canadian or something...
8)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Inuyasha wrote:Missed the 3rd but not sure the blues mindset. They celebrate like they won the cup after game 1 and 2. Then after the loss in game 5, the post game they're all depressed like the series was over.

The coach needed to remind them after the first 2 games that It takes 4 to win and after game 5 the hawks still need to get to 4 wins.

Not sure how the hawks won since the blues seemed to play better for longer stretches.
They celebrate because they won two games they probably should have lost - HUGE wins for them. Nobody was depressed, were are you getting all this bs?

Getting Miller was not what we needed, I said that over and over again. That being said, Oshie and Backes just weren't themselves after both having concussions.

Oh well, I hope Chicago gets swept in the next round. :D :twisted: :P

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Everyone is doing what Patrick Roy has done this season, including Bruce Boudreau in the Ducks incredible come back yesterday. Pulling a goalie out with a minute + is no longer the norm but rather just under 3 minutes.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

10spro wrote:Everyone is doing what Patrick Roy has done this season, including Bruce Boudreau in the Ducks incredible come back yesterday. Pulling a goalie out with a minute + is no longer the norm but rather just under 3 minutes.
The Ducks were down by two goals. Kind of different.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

LAking wrote:
10spro wrote:Everyone is doing what Patrick Roy has done this season, including Bruce Boudreau in the Ducks incredible come back yesterday. Pulling a goalie out with a minute + is no longer the norm but rather just under 3 minutes.
The Ducks were down by two goals. Kind of different.
As every coach would, but the reference in general is when you're trailing by a goal.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MizzouRah wrote:Oh well, I hope Chicago gets swept in the next round. :D :twisted: :P
You mad dog? :)
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
You mad dog? :)
Nah... just very disappointed. Oh.. and I did celebrate like we won the Stanley Cup with each win! ;)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Watching the Pens this round must have been like a heart attack waiting to happen for their fans. That was quite the ride the last ten minutes.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Watching the Pens this round must have been like a heart attack waiting to happen for their fans. That was quite the ride the last ten minutes.
True. If they continue to play like this they won't pass the second round, although they must be happy that Geno is alive.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

10's What did you say the other night "felt like a monumental win" and i agreed it was look where this is heading.
That stalok is an awesome goalie absolute solid.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I thought the sharks finally had it to get over the hill this year, guess not.

If they blow this 3 games to zero lead then that's another black eye for this franchise.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:10's What did you say the other night "felt like a monumental win" and i agreed it was look where this is heading.
That stalok is an awesome goalie absolute solid.
Yep, in game 3 Kings could and should have won it. But the top guys showed up big time the next 2 games and your guys kept pushing and pushing tonight...literally ahem. I thought it was a close game until that controversial goal but if you're a Sharks fan, you gotta convert on that 5 on 3 PP in the second period. Great series, like I was also saying in my prediction the winner of game 7 (which I still think will be the Sharks) will be a beat up team looking for some Duck soup. The discouraging way in which the Kings lost the first 3 games to where they are tonight, must be a great feeling for you.

And two of your guys know all about coming from a 0-3 deficit. Can they do it again?

I would actually give Niemi the start on game 7 as solid as Stalock is.

Quick was huge again.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

The Kings had a goal counted against them for the exact same thing , strange how things balance out over a season but surely they have to amend the rule for it to be review-able like they are going to amend the one about the puck hitting the net and then hitting the goalie on the back and going in.
Hope they do go with Niemi over Stalock. Is Thornton going to be playing in game 7 you think after his knee on Brown is reviewed? I think he plays cos its Thornton and it was on Brown , that hit on anyone else and he gets a game it was that obvious. Then the cheap hit on Doughty. Quick to the rescue :D awesome.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am entertained. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Speaking of entertainment.

Im hoping for the Flyers tonight as to get three game sevens tomorrow night.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:Speaking of entertainment.

We'll since the Gardens don't know whether they start on Thursday or Friday, might as well watch extra hockey.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Speaking of entertainment.

We'll since the Gardens don't know whether they start on Thursday or Friday, might as well watch extra hockey.
The wait is starting to drag. getting a bad feeling with it. I keep thinking Id rather have Rask than Price...Ill get over that as soon as the puck drops.

Last night I was asked once again by the lady of the house where I was going to go watch the Habs series. :P

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

The wait is starting to drag. getting a bad feeling with it. I keep thinking Id rather have Rask than Price...Ill get over that as soon as the puck drops.

Last night I was asked once again by the lady of the house where I was going to go watch the Habs series. :P
You're welcome to come to the Rally home. I'd love to be side by each for this series! Although I'm not sure there's enough beer in CT to satisfy your playoff intake levels!

Oh, and I'd rather have Rask than Price too. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RallyMonkey wrote:

You're welcome to come to the Rally home. I'd love to be side by each for this series! Although I'm not sure there's enough beer in CT to satisfy your playoff intake levels!

Oh, and I'd rather have Rask than Price too. :D
I would love to be able to take you up on that...Would be quite a trip. :)