XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Aristo »

To be fair, the XB1 doesn't have HBO Go either. Although my suspicion is that Sony came in late and made their agreement, and HBO will hold the apps until they can release for both.

We use HBO Go on our 360 quite a bit, but it does have a pretty clunky UI. I hope the next gen versions are better. Of course, as with moist UIs, it has very little to do with whether I use the apps. I'd just like to get all of my media on one console, and it would be nice to have the voice control I have for Netflix, Amazon, TV, and all of my other streaming apps for HBO. I don't really feel like having two Kinects sitting on my TV.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wrong thread

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Urban Legend turns out to be true :

http://www.sfgate.com/business/technolo ... 431478.php

related to thread : The documentary about the search is being developed by companies including Xbox Entertainment Studios, and the film is expected to be released later this year on Microsoft's Xbox game consoles.

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

Inuyasha wrote:
Danimal wrote:
10spro wrote:The PS4 1.70 update is coming soon and will include a video editing app plus the ability to pre-load digital games before its release date. The sharefactory app is like the upload app for the X1 plus the ability to import your own music into videos.
This is all well and good but I still can't upload to Youtube. I need to go facebook or to a usb stick to the computer to youtube. I don't understand why they can't add this.

I was going to post about this. Why is it so hard for ps4 to get hbo go and YouTube. Xbl had this 3 years ago.
What's crazy is PS3 has both.

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

Inuyasha wrote:I'm happy with PS4, but I would consider XB1 if the following happens :

1.Price Drop $100-$150
2.Get rid of crappy windows 8 like interface Simplify it like 360s interface.
3.Kill Kinect as mandatory. Re do the whole OS for XB1 if you have to.
4.Get some exclusives that make me want to buy the system. It'll be hard to beat the line up sony has. Since I never had PS3, it's nice to start playing the InFamous, MLB Show, Uncharted series. Halo, Titanfall, etc... just don't do it for me. Even on 360 I never had interest in Halo or Gears or war or an MS exclusive.
In other words,get rid of everything that differentiates it, and make it just like its' main competitor. Just add some new, exciting AAA exclusives,and voila! :D

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Well, MS has lost another long-time customer today. I traded my XBox One in for a PS4 for various reasons. My wife hated the voice commands just to watch TV and they often did not work for her. I don't see a compelling Kinect game anytime soon including Golf games like TGC. I also convinced her I needed to purchase the One back in January to utilize the Fitness apps for Kinect. Due to an extremely arthritic left knee, I only used the fitness apps twice. I did meet my weight loss goal by walking, dieting, and now hitting the gym to tone. Lost 90 lbs as of April 10th in 141 days. Am now on maintenance since the 10th and keeping the weight off so far. My goal is to keep this same weight as I conclude maintenance in 6 months and then keep it off by making these lifestyle changes.

I got $395 for my One, a play and charge kit, and a used copy of BF 4 at Gamestop. I was surprised to get that much in trade, so the PS4 cost me all of $5. I also got BF4 for PS4 and PSN Plus for my other XBox One games I traded in. PS4 is simply a better machine at this point in time and MS is going to have to show me alot more with the One for me to buy another one in the future. I will get the PS4 Camera soon and wait to see if they release a new Move peripheral for the PS4. No compelling games for Move right now, but hoping HB Studios develops Move functionality for TGC and who knows what the Move functionality might be like in EA's next Golf game. Lastly, the PS4 is hooked up to my Samsung 46" LED 3D 240 hz TV also used as my desktop and BF4 looks better on the PS4 than the One version did on my 42" Toshiba 240 hz LED 3D TV in the Family room. Thanks to the feedback in this forum for helping me make this decision as it think it will be the best in the long term for this generation.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

DivotMaker, make sure you add your PSN name in the appropriate thread, so we can add you.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Murph wrote:DivotMaker, make sure you add your PSN name in the appropriate thread, so we can add you.
This one?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12039

That was my next post, thanks.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Divot,

I think about selling my XB1 every single day. I just haven't had the heart to do it...yet. I guess it helps that I already have a PS4...so that desire isn't there at least. Which is probably why I haven't sold it yet I guess. So I would definitely make the same decision you made. You'll be happy with it.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Divot,

I think about selling my XB1 every single day. I just haven't had the heart to do it...yet. I guess it helps that I already have a PS4...so that desire isn't there at least. Which is probably why I haven't sold it yet I guess. So I would definitely make the same decision you made. You'll be happy with it.
Its funny, but I am actually relieved and happy for a strange reason. I read all the issues that MS has had with the One launch, etc. But the thing that just puzzles the s*** out of me is how they could hamstring the One with great Kinect 2 capabilities, really good cooling and strip the hardware down and lose the advantage they had with the 360? My "relief" now is that I can be assured that the PS4 version of any game I play will most likely look and perform better than the One versions. I won't be having to dream up ways to defend One versions of games when it is clear the PS4 has FAR better GPU hardware and that is the one place MS could not have afforded to scrimp on and they did.

One game I am really interested in is Tom Clancy's "The Division". That game looks incredible to me and if it plays well, might be the only other game except TGC and EA's next PGA TOUR game that would keep me satisfied. I don't have near the amount of time to play games that I used to, but when I do play, I want the best experience and I feel pretty strongly the PS4 will deliver. Still very happy with the trade value I got since the One isn't exactly flying off the shelves and the PS4 is.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:My "relief" now is that I can be assured that the PS4 version of any game I play will most likely look and perform better than the One versions. I won't be having to dream up ways to defend One versions of games when it is clear the PS4 has FAR better GPU hardware and that is the one place MS could not have afforded to scrimp on and they did.
There was a report put out that supposedly MS will double the performance of the GPU with DX12 in a future patch so no one really knows how the games will really compare in the future. Right now the PS4 has the edge with games but that gap could close down the road if DX12 provides double the GPU performance.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:My "relief" now is that I can be assured that the PS4 version of any game I play will most likely look and perform better than the One versions. I won't be having to dream up ways to defend One versions of games when it is clear the PS4 has FAR better GPU hardware and that is the one place MS could not have afforded to scrimp on and they did.
There was a report put out that supposedly MS will double the performance of the GPU with DX12 in a future patch so no one really knows how the games will really compare in the future. Right now the PS4 has the edge with games but that gap could close down the road if DX12 provides double the GPU performance.

Read that and for some reason, I can't recall ANY new version of Direct X impacting current hardware by doubling performance. It sounds like depseration to me. And if true, why aren't they hyping double the performance of current PC GPU's, many of which are already more powerful than the ONE's GPU? I'll believe it when I see it.

If it indeed DOES happen, then that might get me to buy another one, but first games for DX12 won't hit until Holiday 2015 at the earliest and whatever improvements made by then won't be double the previous GPU performance.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Rodster wrote:
I'm not banking on anything like that, but I won't be surprised if Microsoft might reach parity. But that would require devs taking advantage of DX12, which may or may not be convenient when porting from the PS4. Microsoft would need the One to be easier to port to the PS4 for there to be real parity, would be my guess.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Drive Club is officially pushed back to October. Can't say I'm surprised but that is disappointing.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Divot - I've been thinking of doing the same thing...haven't bought anything playstation since the first PS1. How's the controller feel? Big adjustment? I need to go to a box store I guess and try it out.

Do your BF4 stats and rank transfer over to a new platform?
Last edited by TheTruth on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TheTruth wrote:Divot - I've been thinking of doing the same thing...haven't bought anything playstation since the first PS1. How's the controller feel? Big adjustment? I need to go to a box store I guess and try it out.
This is not even a contest. The PS4 controller is so far superior in terms of comfort and build quality, it's not funny. But hey, it doesn't have cheap sounding rattling rumble triggers...so there's that.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TheTruth wrote:Divot - I've been thinking of doing the same thing...haven't bought anything playstation since the first PS1. How's the controller feel? Big adjustment? I need to go to a box store I guess and try it out.
So far loving the controller. It is bigger and wider than the PS3 controller and has more of a U shape for the handles versus the former V shape. Very comfortable and feels very well put together. Pair that with the touchpad functionality, the well thought out headphone functionality and controller speaker, it adds up the the best feeling controller since the 360 controller so far, IMO. Hope you end up with what you really want.....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's something I've been trying to persuade the Ice Dragons bunch. Forget for the moment which console gives you a shinier look because many of them can't see the difference or don't care but personally I prefer the PS4 controller over the X1.

I bought the X1 mainly because of my FUT following with Fifa over the years and games exclusives. Titanfall was good, I do enjoy the Halo franchise, played some Forza 5 and still have not touched much Deadrising 3. Yet the only game that catches my attention non stop is Garden Warfare, go figure.

The Kinect does nothing for me as there's no deal with any TV provider nor has any clue here, and it won't switch ON with my voice command as it only switches off. So yeah, at times I ask myself why the heck did I pay $100 bucks more. Just pre-ordered 'Watch Dog' and 'Wolfenstein' both for the Sony machine.

And for those that don't know yet, the PS4 does have a party room.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Divot - it's cool you got a PS4 but much cooler that you hit your weight loss goals! Congratulations!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

EZSnappin wrote:Divot - it's cool you got a PS4 but much cooler that you hit your weight loss goals! Congratulations!
Thank you....that ironically was the easy part.....the hard part will be keeping it off.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
This is not even a contest. The PS4 controller is so far superior in terms of comfort and build quality, it's not funny. But hey, it doesn't have cheap sounding rattling rumble triggers...so there's that.
I disagree with DB on this one. Both controllers are great IMO. I don't see the gap that DB sees but that is fine. It's a personal preference for everyone. The PS4s controller improved immensely from last gen. The PS4 is great and it's going to become even better with the 1.70 update tomorrow! Plus The Show on Tuesday :D Glad you jumped in Divot. I like both consoles so you won't hear anything bad from me about either. Both have great ceilings too. I am fortunate to be a dork and have both :). It'll be interesting how the DX12 stuff pans out. Doubling performance sounds a bit far fetched but I'll take it if it happens. Hell, even a 25% jump would be super.

BTW Divot, my PSN name is EPDiablo25.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
How is it?

We really need to get deeper into this during Dragon time as its only 3+ months now til those of us who have not bought both will need to choose.

I know we have all voiced which way we are leaning but until we buy...

Really would like to have as many Dragons playing Dragons as possible. We have such a hardcore group. I know there will be games every friday/sat night I go online.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:
How is it?

We really need to get deeper into this during Dragon time as its only 3+ months now til those of us who have not bought both will need to choose.

Really would like to have as many Dragons playing Dragons as possible. We have such a hardcore group. I know there will be games every friday/sat night I go online.
Whatever we decide I am there. Can't miss the Dragons games! I haven't tried the party system but I'm sure it's fine. Sony did a lot of things right with the PS4.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:
How is it?

Whatever we decide I am there. Can't miss the Dragons games! I haven't tried the party system but I'm sure it's fine. Sony did a lot of things right with the PS4.
Works fine. Mind you I was connected with only two other guys and should we have a full house day, the only gripe would be that the chat room can only accommodate up to 8 dudes.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote: Works fine. Mind you I was connected with only two other guys and should we have a full house day, the only gripe would be that the chat room can only accommodate up to 8 dudes.
Hey. Maybe you Dragons who have PS4s and use head sets test a full room one day. There are enough I think.

8)