XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Keep getting a prompt to download an Xbox 360 system update but the damn thing just won't download. Just keeps hanging. Any ideas?
Just realized I posted this 360 issue in the XB1/PS4 thread. Oh well.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Keep getting a prompt to download an Xbox 360 system update but the damn thing just won't download. Just keeps hanging. Any ideas?
You are okay. This is the MS sucks thread. :P

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Well, I finally grabbed the PS4, so lump me in with folks who own both.

Still in the box, but I'm sure I'll set aside some time to look it over tomorrow.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Diablo25 wrote:
I've had this issue a number of times over the years with the 360 including last night before Ice Dragons. A solution that has worked every time for me is to say No to the update, and then go into Settings -> Network and do a Test Network. Once it has gone through its network test, it is able to download the update without issue.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

GameSeven wrote:Well, I finally grabbed the PS4, so lump me in with folks who own both.

Still in the box, but I'm sure I'll set aside some time to look it over tomorrow.
Check the online party system! 8)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I turned my Xbone on for one of the few times in the past month and a half to watch MLB Tv. Is there a way to mute one of the sources when you snap? I enjoyed the ability to watch the Bucs on Root and snap the MLB app but I got the volume for both which was annoying. I haven't purchased MLB TV in a couple years. I thought the video quality streaming on XBO was outstanding!

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I read somewhere that they are working on adding separate audio controls for the main "window" and snapped app.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Pete1210 wrote:I read somewhere that they are working on adding separate audio controls for the main "window" and snapped app.
To me, it seems it favors the audio of the snapped app over the other one, but honestly most of the time I'm snapping, I'm snapping TV so maybe it's just the TV app that it keeps loud. It is annoying, however, to not have control over audio volumes when snapping and I'm sure they will fix this oversight sooner rather than later as Pete says.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leebo33 wrote:I turned my Xbone on for one of the few times in the past month and a half to watch MLB Tv. Is there a way to mute one of the sources when you snap? I enjoyed the ability to watch the Bucs on Root and snap the MLB app but I got the volume for both which was annoying. I haven't purchased MLB TV in a couple years. I thought the video quality streaming on XBO was outstanding!
The only problem is you can't hide the damn scores. Or I haven't been able to find the option. You could do that last year on the 360. Make a it kind of worthless if you're trying to watch your teams archived games. It also doesn't appear you can start from the beginning of a currently in progress game. What a piece of crap app.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Leebo33 wrote:I turned my Xbone on for one of the few times in the past month and a half to watch MLB Tv. Is there a way to mute one of the sources when you snap? I enjoyed the ability to watch the Bucs on Root and snap the MLB app but I got the volume for both which was annoying. I haven't purchased MLB TV in a couple years. I thought the video quality streaming on XBO was outstanding!
The only problem is you can't hide the damn scores. Or I haven't been able to find the option. You could do that last year on the 360. Make a it kind of worthless if you're trying to watch your teams archived games. It also doesn't appear you can start from the beginning of a currently in progress game. What a piece of crap app.
How stupid is that!? You can do all those things on the PS4 version. WTF?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

ERMAGERD! Somebody get the torches, tar, and feathers-the horror!!! :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

Yes,it's stupid for people to care about features that you don't.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

skinsfan wrote:Yes,it's stupid for people to care about features that you don't.
Never mind.
Last edited by Teal on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Teal wrote:
skinsfan wrote:Yes,it's stupid for people to care about features that you don't.
Hell, I don't care about any of that crap. I am still fully satisfied with my Xbox 360. This thread, in general, has done nothing but reinforced the easy decision to stay out of the new shiny things. Because I don't have to get my knickers in a twist about little things that really don't matter one way or the other. Now, back to the Final Four...
I don't understand you. Why do you think we care that you don't care? How many times are you going to interrupt the discussion to tell us you are happy without a new system? We get it.

Who has knickers in a twist? All I see is people civily discussing features or lack thereof of systems and apps.....things that people are wont to do on a message board.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Leebo33 wrote:
Teal wrote:
Hell, I don't care about any of that crap. I am still fully satisfied with my Xbox 360. This thread, in general, has done nothing but reinforced the easy decision to stay out of the new shiny things. Because I don't have to get my knickers in a twist about little things that really don't matter one way or the other. Now, back to the Final Four...
I don't understand you. Why do you think we care that you don't care? How many times are you going to interrupt the discussion to tell us you are happy without a new system? We get it.

Who has knickers in a twist? All I see is people civily discussing features or lack thereof of systems and apps.....things that people are wont to do on a message board.

How many times?! This thread is 147 pages long...relatively speaking, I'd say I've hardly chimed in. But whatever, it's an open thread and all (or so I thought), but fine. I made a small joke about the system-defining nature of an...app. Okay. I'll leave the thread alone. Because what I'm beginning to see is that I don't understand all this anymore. Just don't see the...oh, never mind. Have your fun.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Teal wrote:I made a small joke about the system-defining nature of an...app. Okay. I'll leave the thread alone. Because what I'm beginning to see is that I don't understand all this anymore. Just don't see the...oh, never mind. Have your fun.
But it's only a good "joke" if people are either unreasonably reacting to the differences in the app (ERMAGERD!) or even remotely attempting to define a system based on one app. Who is the heck is even close to that? DB was comparing the app to the 360 version and I was comparing the Xbox One version of the app to the PS4 version of the app. It was more of an implied complaint to the developers of the app. Why would they make one next gen app that much different than the other? It never occurred to me that anyone would think I was implying that this would actually be the final straw...PS4 wins! Hell, I eagerly shelled out over a grand on both systems and accessories. I'm pretty sure I am rooting for both. It would just be great as a baseball fan if both MLB apps offered the same functionality especially when my Xbox One is chained to my home entertainment system. I have a fine sense of often self-deprecating humor...guess I just missed the joke. Maybe everyone else is in stitches.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Leebo33 wrote:
Teal wrote:I made a small joke about the system-defining nature of an...app. Okay. I'll leave the thread alone. Because what I'm beginning to see is that I don't understand all this anymore. Just don't see the...oh, never mind. Have your fun.
But it's only a good "joke" if people are either unreasonably reacting to the differences in the app (ERMAGERD!) or even remotely attempting to define a system based on one app. Who is the heck is even close to that? DB was comparing the app to the 360 version and I was comparing the Xbox One version of the app to the PS4 version of the app. It was more of an implied complaint to the developers of the app. Why would they make one next gen app that much different than the other? It never occurred to me that anyone would think I was implying that this would actually be the final straw...PS4 wins! Hell, I eagerly shelled out over a grand on both systems and accessories. I'm pretty sure I am rooting for both. It would just be great as a baseball fan if both MLB apps offered the same functionality especially when my Xbox One is chained to my home entertainment system. I have a fine sense of often self-deprecating humor...guess I just missed the joke. Maybe everyone else is in stitches.
The telling thing for me is when it's not just not funny, but issue is taken. Why is it any kind of deal one way or the other? The issue, the joke, the whole thing is really a lighthearted affair. That's what I don't understand. But again, whatever. I said I would stay out of the thread...

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Once you go next gen, you can't go back.

Downloaded FIFA WC 2014 on XB360. Ewww yucky! If I didnt have next gen I would probably have thought the graphics were fine.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Inuyasha wrote:Once you go next gen, you can't go back.

Downloaded FIFA WC 2014 on XB360. Ewww yucky! If I didnt have next gen I would probably have thought the graphics were fine.
I was seriously considering (stupidly) re-purchasing the old console just to play that game. I need these kinds of 'slaps in the face' to come to my senses.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Teal wrote:The telling thing for me is when it's not just not funny, but issue is taken.
Exactly. I think you are catching on now. I view your multiple attempts at "humor" within this thread as veiled shots at anyone that disagrees with you as either unreasonable, uninformed, angry, or paranoid. It's possible that some of us that disagree with you are all four, but just come right out and say it.

I'm not looking to pick a fight. Just thought I'd let you know where I stand. I like you Teal and enjoy reading the majority of your posts outside of this thread. If you feel the need to abandon the thread then fine. I'm sure you will have a Xbone some day so maybe then would be a good time to rejoin the discussion.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Leebo33 wrote:
Teal wrote:The telling thing for me is when it's not just not funny, but issue is taken.
Exactly. I think you are catching on now. I view your multiple attempts at "humor" within this thread as veiled shots at anyone that disagrees with you as either unreasonable, uninformed, angry, or paranoid. It's possible that some of us that disagree with you are all four, but just come right out and say it.
Well, I can safely say you missed that one. Overly passionate, maybe, but that wasn't on your list. For me, it's a fading hobby...not a lifestyle. Dammit, I'm trying to stay out-stop reeling me back in! :wink:

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:lol:

I forgot that that show ever existed!

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

:lol: :lol: is it bad to laugh at your own jokes :lol: .

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote::lol: :lol: is it bad to laugh at your own jokes :lol: .
:lol:

The answer is NO!

I was laughing at the video and your funny too! :wink: