XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by webdanzer »

PSN has been good for me since last night. Ghosts plays well. Definite (but not extreme) graphical upgrade, and so far no frame issues.

Only up to ch3, but to this point I am enjoying Knack, too, and think the reviewers have been a little unfairly rough on it. Not AAA, but quite fun so far.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

That was a slight exaggeration Aristo. I don't necessarily like having my son play for more than couple hours of video games regardless. We probably logged over 5 hours of PS4 time yesterday. It's probably gotten over 12 hours of play so far, so I'm pretty comfortable with my PS4 holding up. Yes, I think there are some bad batches of systems out there, but I can only hope mine stays as reliable as it's been. You just never know when it comes to electronics.

In any case, I think there will be a good split of PS4 and Xbox One owners here at DSP. I'd even go so far to think it'll be pro Xbox One when it comes to online play. I myself will eventually have both, but not until there's a pretty significant price drop. I've run out things to sell, and don't have a whole heck of lot of disposable income or time for that matter to spend on two consoles. Kids activities are b***h when it comes to the wallet! I've got three games that'll last me until The Show, and then I started a membership, albeit late with Game Fly.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Yeah, I'll get an Xbox One eventually, but it's all about the PS4 for a while.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Xbox One, BF4, Fifa, AC4, and hopefully a free game to choose from if amazon does the b2g1 free promo.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Zeppo wrote:So, I guess everyone who has a PS4 already has made their final decision when it comes to Xbone vs PS4?

I won't get my PS4 until right before I head out of town for Thanksgiving, and my Xbone should be waiting for me when I return from DC, so at this stage I'm not sure I'm even going to open the box on the PS4. I had hoped there might be some DSPers with whom I could enjoy FIFA OTP, Madden, and Battlefield online on the Xbone, but it looks to me like everyone is going all in for the PS4 for all of these early multi platform games. Will you guys all be trying to sell your Xbone's this Christmas season?
XBone and BF4 for me this Friday. Forza 5 too.

I just keep getting the feeling that the XBone is going to come out the box better than the PS4. The UI on the PS4 is adequate but clunky. The gaming is great on the PS4 but I can't see it topping the XB. MS did too many things right last generation. I think consumers are going to take to and enjoy the media functionality of the XBone more than expected. I know it's not even out yet but videos, like the one posted above by sportdan30, are starting to show some of the polish the XBone may have. Just my 2 cents...what do I know :).
Xbox One for me too. With NBA 2K14, BF4 and AC4. Still debating whether to pick up a driving game, Forza or NFS. Almost forgot Killer Instinct, I won all characters unlocked free!

Like Diablo, I feel like I'm getting more with Xbox One. And all my good times gaming with friends have been on Xbox live. Hope that keeps going with the One.

Once those Sony exclusives start rolling out, particularly Uncharted, I'll start thinking about getting PS4.
Last edited by Pete1210 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I cancelled my PS4 preorder. Spending almost $500 right now to get it and AC4 + NFS Rivals was a bit too much financially. Plus the size of the hard drives compared to size of next gen games was a turn-off. I might wait till they start shipping with 1 TB drives.

They sold a million on the first day anyway.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 48401.html
Pete1210 wrote:Once those Sony exclusives start rolling out, particularly Uncharted, I'll start thinking about getting PS4.
I'm more excited about The Order than playing the fifth Uncharted game, unless they really change things up for the PS4 version.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Feanor wrote:
They sold a million on the first day anyway.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 48401.html
That's pretty crazy. Most first 24 hour sales ever, huh?

I wonder if XBone will come close or beat that high of a number at a higher price.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Assuming they have a million or more ready for launch they should surpass it.

Am I the only one who hates the design of the ps4? Ugly looking...the touch buttons on the front are finicky and it just looks and feels cheap. Mixing glossy and matte on the same surface (the top) is just gaudy looking. Obviously it doesn't mean a thing...just thought it was interesting that no one else has mentioned that.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Assuming they have a million or more ready for launch they should surpass it.

Maybe maybe not. Dont make a lick of difference.

My question is to web. Why is it crazy that the latest would have the highest number? I dont get it. Seriously. I dont.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Zeppo wrote:So, I guess everyone who has a PS4 already has made their final decision when it comes to Xbone vs PS4?
I am picking up my Xbone on Friday, but it is going to stay under wraps until December 25th. The PS4 essentially replaces my recently YLOD launch PS3 and the Xbone is going to be a Christmas kids for the boys and me supplementing/eventually replacing my 360 that I can't believe hasn't died yet (sounds like the space shuttle and doesn't even have HDMI).

I lived through 5 RROD with Microsoft so I can pretty much deal with anything at this point as long as I'm not paying anything to get it fixed.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

XXXIV wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Assuming they have a million or more ready for launch they should surpass it.

Maybe maybe not. Dont make a lick of difference.

My question is to web. Why is it crazy that the latest would have the highest number? I dont get it. Seriously. I dont.
Because 'latest' has had nothing to do with highest number. This is pretty insane compared to other launches:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gratz to you then Sir!

Good call! I wish I had also bought some shares of sony.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

You think, Db? I'm not sure it ever caught up to the PS4 on pre-orders, and it coming out +$100 more after some already have the PS4's, it seems like it wouldn't be that easy.

It may, though. Whatever the case, people sure are still willing to drop dough on consoles!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

XXXIV wrote:Gratz to you then Sir!

I just read that the previous record for 24 hour sales was held by the Dreamcast, though, so it sure doesn't guarantee anything!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

webdanzer wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Gratz to you then Sir!

I just read that the previous record for 24 hour sales was held by the Dreamcast, though, so it sure doesn't guarantee anything!
Ill go halvsies with ya. :wink:

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I'll probably get an Xbone in the house eventually too, largely driven by the kids' desires.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

webdanzer wrote:I'll probably get an Xbone in the house eventually too, largely driven by the kids' desires.
Out the mouths of babes! :P :wink: :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

webdanzer wrote:You think, Db? I'm not sure it ever caught up to the PS4 on pre-orders, and it coming out +$100 more after some already have the PS4's, it seems like it wouldn't be that easy.

It may, though. Whatever the case, people sure are still willing to drop dough on consoles!
I would think so. I just think the Xbox has a better rep now amongst gamers. I mean look at this forum for example...if someone has only one console it's a majority of Xboxes. Sure it's 100 bucks more but the allusion if more value w the media stuff and the included kinect will drive some sales.

I'd bet they surpass it assuming they have the consoles ready to go. Which I doubt for some reason...the late clock boosts in both the video and Processor silicone might mean a more limited supply. We will see in a week or so.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
I mean look at this forum for example...if someone has only one console it's a majority of Xboxes. .
old age is probably the biggest factor there.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote: Am I the only one who hates the design of the ps4? Ugly looking...the touch buttons on the front are finicky and it just looks and feels cheap.
No, personally I hate the touch buttons, half the time I don't know if I am hitting them.

As for the rest of the conversation, I don' care who sells more I really don't.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote: I don' care who sells more I really don't.
Why would anyone?

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Been reading some reports about the covering on the new dual shock sticks wearing out/off. That would be crappy.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

webdanzer wrote:Been reading some reports about the covering on the new dual shock sticks wearing out/off. That would be crappy.
I will believe it when you write it.

Contrary to that commercial they do lie on the internet. :P

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote: I had hoped there might be some DSPers with whom I could enjoy FIFA OTP, Madden, and Battlefield online on the Xbone, but it looks to me like everyone is going all in for the PS4 for all of these early multi platform games.
Xbone here, too.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

After not being 100% enthralled w the ps4 I'm gonna keep my preorder xbox one and see how they compare next weekend. Should be interesting.

If the ps4 wasn't so unstable and downright annoying as far as the interface goes id keep it without fail but it just seems so unfinished which is what I was expecting from the xbox one given their grandiose aspirations w the interface. We will see I suppose.