Move over Golden Tee golf

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Move over Golden Tee golf

Post by bdoughty »

http://www.highwaygames.com/products/ea ... dition.php

http://www.zax.com.au/Pgatourgolf.htm

Basically Tiger Woods with the Golden Tee interface (I love using the track-ball). I need to hit the arcade and see if they have one. None of the bars I frequent have this game.

Wonder how hard this is hitting the GT community, seeing as their 2005 version of the game still looks the ones I played on 5 years ago.

http://www.highwaygames.com/body.php3?a ... ne_id=3055

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

good find, I really want a Golden Tee for my home!

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

GT's are too expensive unless you're looking for an older model.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

This game has been around some local bars for quite a while up here. I thought it played very well, similar to GT. I think the trackball was a little more sensitive, leading to more hitting errors but also improving the putting--at least for me.

As far as how it impacted Golden Tee? Not at all, from my observation. The one PGA Tour game would sit empty while the four Golden Tees would have four guys around them with another group usually waiting.

EA Sports might be hit with a dose of their own medicine!

Dave
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Dave wrote:As far as how it impacted Golden Tee? Not at all, from my observation. The one PGA Tour game would sit empty while the four Golden Tees would have four guys around them with another group usually waiting.
Yep, same experience here. The bar I frequent for lunch has 4 Golden Tee's and two of EA's game. The GT's are always full and the EA's are never played from what I can tell.

Since I am a huge fan of the Tiger Woods series on PC, my buddies and I tried out the EA PGA Tour a couple times. Trackball is way too sensitive and the gameplay is really slow. The graphics/framerates are also very slow and choppy. Maybe they have upgraded the version for 2004, I don't know. While GT's graphics are outdated, the gameplay is where its at.

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Ah, I'll just wait for Hot Shots Golf Fore!

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Parker wrote:Ah, I'll just wait for Hot Shots Golf Fore!
Um okay, good for you, I guess? Well back to the arcade discussion.

I apprecaite the replies Dave and Dchaps, I can't find the game anywhere to play. One other game I have wanted to play but is not found local is Konami's Mocap Golf. Have any of you tried that? Impressions.

We really need a Dave and Busters here in town. I just have a hard time going into a Chuck E Cheese, not having a kid. ;)

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Yes, but Hot Shots Golf Fore! is a rather arcadish golf game, and a much better one than TW on the consoles at least, although I realize the gamplay for this arcade unit is superior. But for me, playing a golf game in an arcade doesn't enhance the gameplaying experience significantly compared to the PS2.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Okay good for you Parker, you win.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Parker wrote:But for me, playing a golf game in an arcade doesn't enhance the gameplaying experience significantly compared to the PS2.
Yes, but playing it in a pub with friends, while drinking beer, watching sports on the big screen, eating wings, and/or staring at hot chicks is way better than playing at home on any console. :)

PS - Have not seen or played the Konami game you speak of bdoughty.

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

DChaps wrote:Yes, but playing it in a pub with friends, while drinking beer, watching sports on the big screen, eating wings, and/or staring at hot chicks is way better than playing at home on any console. :)
Actually, that sounds a lot like my place. You should come over!

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

Parker wrote:
DChaps wrote:Yes, but playing it in a pub with friends, while drinking beer, watching sports on the big screen, eating wings, and/or staring at hot chicks is way better than playing at home on any console. :)
Actually, that sounds a lot like my place. You should come over!
Parker... I'm shocked. Isn't eating chicken wings, fattening as they are, something you frown upon? Something Europeans hardly ever do and only lazy fat Americans do?

Shouldn't you be having fresh vegetables, hummus and home-made wheat bread?

Parker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Parker »

Well, I don't eat them myself, but you are free to.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I haven't seen the Konami game either.

I always try to get my buds to play PGA, since they are so much better at Golden Tee than am I, but it never works.

Completely off this topic, but can you do skins games online with Links?
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven