PES 2013 vs. FIFA 13

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PES 2013 vs. FIFA 13

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah.. soccer is more of a casual game for me so I just might lean on FIFA 13 for good. We usually play with a bunch of us and some beers on the weekend.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I think FIFA plays a great game of soccer with some slider tweaks. I'm having some great games on pro and I don't think i've scored a goal in the last 5 games! Still got some work to do on those slider settings!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

There is team specific play in FIFA this year but not sure if it's up to the PES standard. But at least it's there where it wasn't last year. Also, this year, you can really tell the difference between a high rated team vs a lower rated team at least in Season and Career mode.

I'm offline mainly and still enjoying this game because it offers so many modes. FUT is just excellent this year because it's so robust now with the offline seasons mode they added in FUT. I have not spent any real money on any packs yet and getting most of my FIFA coins thru season and tourney modes.

I'll definitely also pickup PES at a later time when there is a sale and also the second PES update comes out. By then, there should be a universal option file with all the real teams.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Inuyasha wrote:There is team specific play in FIFA this year but not sure if it's up to the PES standard. But at least it's there where it wasn't last year. Also, this year, you can really tell the difference between a high rated team vs a lower rated team at least in Season and Career mode.
Swansea play like Barcelona.
I agree it is a better game at pro level for sure.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:There is team specific play in FIFA this year but not sure if it's up to the PES standard. But at least it's there where it wasn't last year. Also, this year, you can really tell the difference between a high rated team vs a lower rated team at least in Season and Career mode.
Swansea play like Barcelona.
I agree it is a better game at pro level for sure.
Inuyasha. Maybe on Pro but it's not there sorry.

Play Barcelona and pick a .5 star team from the Irish league. After a game or two switch to the .5 team. It's different in these sense they aren't as good but it's still FIFA ish.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

After some more demo time with both, I pulled the trigger on FIFA 13 today. Should have it tomorrow!

So Pro setting - 10 minute halves?

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

I'm trading in FIFA for PES today.

There are some things I love about FIFA, but it's just driving me crazy at this point. Especially the defensive AI on the backline.

I think I'll be happier. I prefer playing games that don't make me angry.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

There's a very good chance I may pass on a soccer game this year.

I'm almost exclusively an offline footy gamer, and FIFA 13 and PES 2013 each have plenty of strong suits. But both also have glaring flaws that piss me off.

FIFA still plays a far too one-dimensional, up-and-down style to be considered realistic. Plus the lack of fouls is atrocious, and the ball physics still are lacking.

The skill stick in PES makes it far too easy for human players to keep possession, which helps contribute to the quite unrealistic advantage in possession for human teams, even at upper skill levels. Plus the CPU defense through the midfield still is almost non-existent, and the through balls by the CPU are still too effective -- a longtime PES flaw.

Might just stick with Madden, NHL and eventually NBA 2K13 for my team sports fix this winter. I just don't think the footy games are worth 60 clams each for primarily offline play this year.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

pk500 wrote:
The skill stick in PES makes it far too easy for human players to keep possession, which helps contribute to the quite unrealistic advantage in possession for human teams, even at upper skill levels. Plus the CPU defense through the midfield still is almost non-existent, and the through balls by the CPU are still too effective -- a longtime PES flaw.
PK - play Master League (with the default stiffs) - it's a totally different game. I've played almost two full seasons now - first season I finished last place in Division 2, second season I'm still only in 10th place at Christmas. Possession stats are almost always around 50/50 and every game is a challenge. I'm playing on 'Top Player' - not even the highest difficulty level (the one higher, 'Superstar') - and it's the best football game I've played since the old J-League WE games on the PS2.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Macca00 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
PK - play Master League (with the default stiffs) - it's a totally different game. I've played almost two full seasons now - first season I finished last place in Division 2, second season I'm still only in 10th place at Christmas. Possession stats are almost always around 50/50 and every game is a challenge. I'm playing on 'Top Player' - not even the highest difficulty level (the one higher, 'Superstar') - and it's the best football game I've played since the old J-League WE games on the PS2.
Maybe I'll give that a go, Lavan, once I find a nice discount on PES 2013. Thanks for the tip.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

PK,

Why don't you try the PC demo on your system? If it works well and you're only interested in the single player (as I am) then you also get the benefit of tons of amazing patches and also the torrent discount if you're so inclined. ;)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Macca00 wrote:PK,

Why don't you try the PC demo on your system? If it works well and you're only interested in the single player (as I am) then you also get the benefit of tons of amazing patches and also the torrent discount if you're so inclined. ;)
Thanks, mate. Already tried. Ran like sh*t on my new work lappy.

Sadly, my new lappy has a fast Core i7 processor and 8 GB of RAM, but it has an integrated graphics chip. My old work lappy had a slower processor and less RAM, but games worked better on its dedicated 128 MB graphics card.

Oh, well. It's a work machine. It's free. I can't complain. :)

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

pk500 wrote:The skill stick in PES makes it far too easy for human players to keep possession, which helps contribute to the quite unrealistic advantage in possession for human teams, even at upper skill levels. Plus the CPU defense through the midfield still is almost non-existent, and the through balls by the CPU are still too effective -- a longtime PES flaw.
I completely agree with you on those flaws based on the demo. They're the reason I chose FIFA on release day.

Those things are A LOT better in the retail version though.

In the demo, it was driving me crazy how I could advance the ball easily to the box almost every possession.

I'm having a lot more trouble moving the ball through the midfield in the retail version. I'd like to see them improve the midfield defense a little more, but it's SIGNIFICANTLY improved from the demo.

As far as keeping possession with regard to stats, it depends on the teams for me. I have a 60-40 advantage more often than is realistic, but I do have games where I end up trailing 52-48.

It's not perfect, but it was something that was angering me in the demo and is no longer a major frustration for me.

So think about it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Very much appreciate the feedback, Z. That's excellent knowledge. Thanks!

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas,

Can anyone confirm if the stuttering that was part of the PES 2013 demo has been fixed in the retail version for the 360?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I finally started playing PES 13 in the last couple of weeks and I can't say I've noticed any stuttering. Of course it had been a while since I'd played the demo but the only thing I've found truly annoying is how bad my craooy default ML squad of stiffs is at scoring goals. :evil:

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Thanks Zepp.. I played the demo a few times at the end of the week and it was super annoying. I may be picking this up at some point in the very near future.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

PES 13 = one damn fun game. (you were right Zep) I basically took yesterday off and started a become a legends career. 15 games later I had to force myself to go to bed. Im using daymos option file which took me 10 minutes to install. (once I found the correct instructions)

I'm using this option file:

http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/vie ... f=57&t=788
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Macca00 wrote:PK - play Master League (with the default stiffs) - it's a totally different game. I've played almost two full seasons now - first season I finished last place in Division 2, second season I'm still only in 10th place at Christmas. Possession stats are almost always around 50/50 and every game is a challenge. I'm playing on 'Top Player' - not even the highest difficulty level (the one higher, 'Superstar') - and it's the best football game I've played since the old J-League WE games on the PS2.
Speaking of this, the J-League version of WE 2013 is now out as DLC (if you have the Japanese version of the game). Lavan, do you have it?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Jared wrote:
Macca00 wrote:PK - play Master League (with the default stiffs) - it's a totally different game. I've played almost two full seasons now - first season I finished last place in Division 2, second season I'm still only in 10th place at Christmas. Possession stats are almost always around 50/50 and every game is a challenge. I'm playing on 'Top Player' - not even the highest difficulty level (the one higher, 'Superstar') - and it's the best football game I've played since the old J-League WE games on the PS2.
Speaking of this, the J-League version of WE 2013 is now out as DLC (if you have the Japanese version of the game). Lavan, do you have it?
Hmmmm - no I do not but I think this might be next on my shopping list! Thanks for the heads-up, Jared! Hope all is well with you and the family!

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

FifaInspected wrote:PES 13 = one damn fun game. (you were right Zep) I basically took yesterday off and started a become a legends career. 15 games later I had to force myself to go to bed. Im using daymos option file which took me 10 minutes to install. (once I found the correct instructions)

I have this option file but the team badges for the n-power championship have not been edited. Will that be in V3?

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

pigpen81 wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:PES 13 = one damn fun game. (you were right Zep) I basically took yesterday off and started a become a legends career. 15 games later I had to force myself to go to bed. Im using daymos option file which took me 10 minutes to install. (once I found the correct instructions)

I have this option file but the team badges for the n-power championship have not been edited. Will that be in V3?

That's odd as my n-power championship badges have been edited.. You might consider downloading again.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Well I watched that how to video and it seems a pretty easy process, assuming I can figure out how to make hidden folders appear on my Mac. But here's my problem: I'm already into my Master League. Will this erase my progress? Any clue? What happens with players he created to fill the Championship sides? Maybe it's worth starting over.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Macca00 wrote:Hmmmm - no I do not but I think this might be next on my shopping list! Thanks for the heads-up, Jared! Hope all is well with you and the family!
Let me know if you get it - I'm thinking about it as the J-League games have always been really fun (I think b/c of the increase attention to detail + it's often more fun to play with poorer teams in WE/PES).

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Zeppo wrote:Well I watched that how to video and it seems a pretty easy process, assuming I can figure out how to make hidden folders appear on my Mac. But here's my problem: I'm already into my Master League. Will this erase my progress? Any clue? What happens with players he created to fill the Championship sides? Maybe it's worth starting over.

Zeppo - I did it on my mac.. It's really easy. I found the written directions better though as i kept messing up when using the video. That's me though. Should take no more than 10 minutes.

I don't think it will mess with the ML .. u might want to google it though as i'm not 100% sure.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected