DSP Cup Schedule and Points

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DSP Cup Schedule and Points

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote: I think more players are getting their skills up to speed and the next half of the season should be interesting.
Very true, I can already see the trend of some of the newer guard players scores becoming more competitive. They'll be right up there at the top as their skills climb into the 80's and 90's. It certainly makes for a more exciting challenge!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

It's not over yet, but if I don't go on to win (based on scores already submitted) ill have hole #10 on day 3 to thank. I approached the tee at 5 under and on a little bit of a roll. Push the tee shot right and OB into the ocean. Recovered well and got on the green with a realistic chance to save bogey and lose only one shot, but no. I 3 put for triple bogey and then bogey the next hole as well.

Gosh dang I'm mentally weak when it comes to this game!!!
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Whew, another good round on day 4. My approach shots were on target as I only needed 21 putts on my way to shooting 11 under to close out the tournament. Still some rounds to played by some strong players and Divot seems to be absent so far.
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:Whew, another good round on day 4. My approach shots were on target as I only needed 21 putts on my way to shooting 11 under to close out the tournament. Still some rounds to played by some strong players and Divot seems to be absent so far.
Wilk, you've set the bar very high - that's some very strong play. Your final round is just sick with the 4th round pin placements, based on what others have reported! I hope Divot is able to get his rounds in. I'd really like to see what he does with this set.

I don't think you'll see any threat from me. I was the victim of a freeze in round 2 after the 14th hole. I'd just birdied 14 to go 10 under par for the round... game froze on the loading screen :( I shot a 64 in my second try (I'm glad Dan upped the weekly tries to 3 the way things are going), but that round had two bogies in it. I've implemented my new strategy of avoiding 40 to 110 yard approaches. I hit a 4-iron off the tee on #4, laid up with a 4-iron on #9, and hit a 3-hybrid on a couple of tees.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was -5 going into 13 on my last round finished the round at +6. I'm not even sure what happened by my putts stopped working and by that I don't mean I forgot how to putt I mean they actually stopped working. I pull back on the stick as far as possible and the put would go 4 feet. I have no idea if my controller is screwed up or what happened.

Not like I was going to win but I was in 6th when the shenanigans started.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I pull back on the stick as far as possible and the put would go 4 feet. I have no idea if my controller is screwed up or what happened.
It could your controller for sure. I have three controllers that I can't use for Tiger 13 because I can't get a full swing with them. I would recommend playing a practice round with the swing meter enabled. See if you're able to peg the meter for both full swings and putts.

Your problem might be a little different if you were able to get off the tee with the normal power. Have you tried changing the sensitivity of the controller under "Game Defaults" in your XBox profile menu? I play with my controller set to "High"... it defaults to "Medium".

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Congrats to Wilk on the win for this week!

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Congrats Wilk. Your score on the 1st and last round are just amazing.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Great job Wilk, that 61 in the final round was spectacular! I hope everyone played the par 5 14th better than I did in this tournament... I was +1 for the week on it. I actually came to the 14th hole at 8 under for my round, and bogeyed it after flying the green with my 54 yard approach (and I swore I wasn't going to leave myself approaches in that range anymore). I then missed a 5 foot putt for par on 17, but closed with a birdie to get back to 7 under.

I was chasing Webdanzer, OrthoStud and 10sPro as I stepped on the 14th tee, but the bogey took OrthoStud and 10sPro off my radar. My bogey at 17 turned out to be the tiebreaker difference between me and Webdanzer. It's this sort of tension that separates these Club Tournaments from a routine round of golf... I love it!

Vader, how do you capture those sharp leaderboard screens? That's nice work son!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

J_Cauthen wrote:I hope everyone played the par 5 14th better than I did in this tournament... I was +1 for the week on it. I actually came to the 14th hole at 8 under for my round, and bogeyed it after flying the green with my 54 yard approach (and I swore I wasn't going to leave myself approaches in that range anymore). I then missed a 5 foot putt for par on 17, but closed with a birdie to get back to 7 under.
I could not, for the life of me, hit that green on 14. I think I only got on in regulation once in 4 rounds.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I would love to know how I did for the week on that hole, if only we had a way to capture it.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Thanks guys. Some how I managed to play well beyond my normal ability on days 1 & 4. 18 was also very kind to me as I eagled it all 4 days, with it being particularly huge for me on day 3 after losing 4 strokes between 15&16.
GT = Wilk5280

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

J_Cauthen wrote:and bogeyed it after flying the green with my 54 yard approach (and I swore I wasn't going to leave myself approaches in that range anymore).
JC - have you tried using a flop for your 40-60 yard shots?

Congrats Wilk! That first round was awesome, and the last round almost equally impressive with the pins. What kind of wind did you face in that last round?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote: Vader, how do you capture those sharp leaderboard screens? That's nice work son!
Thanks, I just take pictures of the tv screen with a digital camera on a tripod and then blend the pictures together in photoshop, only takes about 10 minutes for the entire process.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

TheTruth wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:and bogeyed it after flying the green with my 54 yard approach (and I swore I wasn't going to leave myself approaches in that range anymore).

Congrats Wilk! That first round was awesome, and the last round almost equally impressive with the pins. What kind of wind did you face in that last round?
Is that a better way?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TheTruth wrote: JC - have you tried using a flop for your 40-60 yard shots?
Interesting that you should ask me that... I was actually trying to do that with this shot before settling on a partial full shot. I never could get my golfer to pull the trigger though. It was like he'd hit a mechanical stop and then reset!? I tried all variations of backswing speed, but couldn't even hit the shot. I probably could have shortened the backswing and executed it, but I'm pretty sure it would have come up short. Can you hit a flop shot with anything higher than a PW? I might have been able to hit a 9-iron far enough with a flop shot setup in this case.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:tripod... photoshop
And those are the two magic words! You must know your way around the camera and Photoshop to get that done it 10 minutes - I'm envious :)

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

TheTruth wrote:

How often do you flop a 40-60 yd shot?? I have used the flop shot one time only where I had to clear a bunker and the pin was 5 yds past that. I ended up hitting it short and still put it into the bunker.

Is there more of a success rate to keep it closer to the pin from that distance using a flop?? I will have to play with this on the next daily. :)

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Wilk5280 wrote:Thanks guys. Some how I managed to play well beyond my normal ability on days 1 & 4. 18 was also very kind to me as I eagled it all 4 days, with it being particularly huge for me on day 3 after losing 4 strokes between 15&16.
I'm not really sure to be honest, but nothing really significant. Not during the entire tournament really. I'd say usually 7-10 mph at the high end. Simetimes around 5 mph.
GT = Wilk5280

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I would say I use the flop about half the time for that 40-60 yard shot, depending on other circumstances (elevation mainly). Use it more for the 40-50 yard range. Not sure if you can flop anything other than a wedge.

JC - I have experienced what you described when trying to swing, but usually it will be fine on second attempt. Go into the practice facility and setup about 45 yards out and just hit flop shots over and over. I guess it all depends on what your comfortable with as well.

I use the flop shot out of the bunker too when there is a high lip it has to clear.

Another shot I use for the 40-50 range is to use a regular shot, but extend my distance out about 20-30 yards and add loft until my cursor is close to the flag. Will have to adjust for elevation and maybe a little for wind and then take a full swing.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

orthostud23 wrote: How often do you flop a 40-60 yd shot?? I have used the flop shot one time only where I had to clear a bunker and the pin was 5 yds past that. I ended up hitting it short and still put it into the bunker.

Is there more of a success rate to keep it closer to the pin from that distance using a flop?? I will have to play with this on the next daily. :)
You don't hit a flop out of the green side bunker? I hit all my bunker shots with the flop option and I usually end up close. Of course I don't know why I am giving tips to guys who a) probably are never in a green side bunker and b) shoot 30 strokes better then me. :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:
orthostud23 wrote: How often do you flop a 40-60 yd shot?? I have used the flop shot one time only where I had to clear a bunker and the pin was 5 yds past that. I ended up hitting it short and still put it into the bunker.

You don't hit a flop out of the green side bunker? I hit all my bunker shots with the flop option and I usually end up close. Of course I don't know why I am giving tips to guys who a) probably are never in a green side bunker and b) shoot 30 strokes better then me. :)
Hehe...I am in the bunker a lot and hardly ever use the flop shot, only on high lips. Mostly just distance control with the swing and loft stick. Although will definitely try it more now.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Wow... great tourney Wilk!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:Congrats Wilk. Your score on the 1st and last round are just amazing.
Congrats to Wilk and all the top finishers. I got home too late from my 12 day overseas trip to finish the last 2 rounds. Looking forward to getting back into the groove this week.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Bethpage was humbling this week. For the first time ever (IIRC) I had my best round on the final "day". I'm at the top for the moment, but know I will get passed very soon!! :lol: