Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by 10spro »

Well, the game froze on me 3 consecutive times at the logo so looks like no game for me tonight. Hope I have better luck tomorrow.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

See rant in other thread.

Why does this game not understand the concept of a drop? Effin ridiculous.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

After my unsuccesful initial first 3 tries at the game, I decided to play a little Fifa. But I was really itching to play at least a round at PB, so I tried again and lucky this time, I managed to do both PB and the daily.

Got caught under a tree at Wailea at one point and the smart thing to do of course is to go sideways and hit it back into the fairway. But I like to take chances sometimes. In real life, sometimes I would club up and hit it thin so the ball would run instead of hitting it up into the bushes again.

Tried that in this game without any luck. Does anyone know how to hit it low without punching it out to the fairway? Again, it's not the correct play most of the time but I just want to take my chances sometimes.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:See rant in other thread.

Why does this game not understand the concept of a drop? Effin ridiculous.
See below for part of the explanation......

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ ... e#22572360

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For the second straight night, the game freezes at the logo screen all 3 times that I tried to play it. And unless I put a different game first, and then change discs the game just won't start for me. Damn frustrated.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Log out of XBOX Live, then launch the game. Then log back in to XBL during the game launch sequence. This has worked 100% of the time for me and I have reported this to the TW Devs so that it can be one of the fixes in the upcoming patch.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

This game can really humble you sometimes. I took a few days off and rather than get a practice round in I decided to fire up round 1 at Pebble. I ended up in the ocean twice, slightly overshot the green on several holes, and had to make a few amazing shots to scramble to break par.

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

VEry impressed with the scores being put up at the weekly!!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:Log out of XBOX Live, then launch the game. Then log back in to XBL during the game launch sequence. This has worked 100% of the time for me and I have reported this to the TW Devs so that it can be one of the fixes in the upcoming patch.
That's how I've been firing up Tiger too, but recently the screen just plain freezes on me before I can even log out. I put another game now, then swap back to Tiger and it works.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I jinxed myself by saying I had not had a freeze because last night on round 3 of the daily sounds cuts out and the game freezes. Had to power off the Xbox to do anything.
Follow Me on:

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Monday night (Tuesday morning) I started my 1st round of the weekly at 2:30am and about half way through the round I fell asleep. When I woke up the screen was frozen. :(

I took that as a sign to go to bed which I did. :roll: :wink:

-MERACE

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just finished the last round at Pebble Beach with a -8 and -31 for the week. Easily my best showing since we implemented the weekly tournaments. The fact that it wasn't a windy event definitely helped and I just took my time with my approaches in general. Had only a bogey today but I'll take it considering the expert pin placement for the last day. Still, I am behind LF by 3 strokes and guys like Ortho, JC and Truth will have the last word.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:Monday night (Tuesday morning) I started my 1st round of the weekly at 2:30am and about half way through the round I fell asleep. When I woke up the screen was frozen. :(

I took that as a sign to go to bed which I did. :roll: :wink:
I've fallen asleep three times during Live tournament play so far, and knock on wood, I haven't had a freeze yet. The longest span was like 20 minutes. The most embarrassing thing I've done is to fall asleep in the middle of an alternate shot match, fortunatly, I only had one shot clock violation in the course of my 'nap', but it cost my team a hole :oops: Then I had to face some horse-laughter after I confessed what had happened to me :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

deleted... duplicate
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Looking forward to teeing it up at Pebble Beach. You guys are posting some formidable numbers... very impressive! I probably won't play my first round until tomorrow night, but ya'll keep sharing war stories so I can pick up a few more strategic ideas :D

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

J_Cauthen wrote:Looking forward to teeing it up at Pebble Beach. You guys are posting some formidable numbers... very impressive! I probably won't play my first round until tomorrow night, but ya'll keep sharing war stories so I can pick up a few more strategic ideas :D
Beware holes 4 and 11 in the last 2 rounds. You have been warned... :( They ruined my chances of an even better score...

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Well, I thought I would go ahead and play my last 3 rounds at PB tonight. Think I got -9 and -10 respectively, if I am remembering right, to put me at -30 and 4 shots behind LF.

Before I started the last round I was thinking, ok I will be happy with just a -5 on expert pins; Bogey on the first hole, not a good vibe and way to start. Managed to birdie the next two holes, but fought tooth and nail for birdies the rest of the way. Was tied with LF at -34 under going into the par 5 18th. I felt good about this hole as I managed to eagle it the last two rounds. Tee shot goes in the rough to the left, even though there was a 9mph cross wind. Dang, there went any good chance of getting on in two with the wind against me. Hit my second shot short of the green, but only 27 yds out. Decided I would go regular shot and not try to flop it. Heart was racing, could feel it in my chest...my swing felt weird, like I was going to be way short; it hits the edge of the fringe/rough and rolls forward to within 4ft. Whew, any shorter and I probably would be chipping again. Finished at -35.

Great rounds everyone. Now to see how Ortho and others finish out.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

TheTruth wrote:Finished at -35.
Great finish and great write-up. Thought maybe I had a chance of staying in the lead! 8) I honestly thought you would crack 40 based on last week, so am thrilled with my score!!!

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
TheTruth wrote:Finished at -35.
Great finish and great write-up. Thought maybe I had a chance of staying in the lead! 8) I honestly thought you would crack 40 based on last week, so am thrilled with my score!!!
Definitely left some strokes out there. I barely missed two holes in one by 4 in and 2 ft. Missed 3 or 4 6-7ft birdie putts and had one putt that inexplicably turned, like 90 degree turn, at the last second and lipped out. Was very weird. But I am sure we all have these kinds of missed opportunities. :mrgreen:
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

I finally was able to have a really good round last night with a -12. Problem is that I am still WAY BEHIND Lead and Hogz. I will need a MIRACLE round tonight to have a prayer! Maybe I will play Bon Jovi in the background and see what happens.... :D

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I am late in posting as everyone is well into the Pebble Beach Weekly, but I wanted to mention that I loved the settings for the Bethpage Black US Open. I had no prior knowledge or experience with the Caddy setting and it was so much better for me personally, particularly the putting with no grids. Actually, I found it much more intuitiuve and easier for putting, and except for one round of the four, my putting was great with this setting. My problem at Bethpage was just that it took me so many more strokes to actually make it to the green. I had several long putts over 25ft, whereas previously I had made ZERO long putts. As much as the bugs and the missing features annoy me about this game, I will have to admit the four rounds at Bethpage was some of the most fun sports gaming I have had in a LONG time. When this game is on, it is very good. My 3rd and fourth rounds were particulalry fun, challenging, and satisfying as I was trying to complete my first weekly and not be last. For once, I had no freezes over 3 nights in a row of playing. I also only experienced one glitch where I had made it to the fringe of the green and then it put me in the bunker (although I holed out from the bunker so maybe the game gave me something back). I did not know about the infamous cup placement on 15 in the fourth round, but as far as I know it did not cause me a great problem as it was the ONLY round where I did not have a double bogey or greater. In fact, I think it may have been the first 18 holes I have completed without a Double Bogey or worse. What I enjoyed about using the caddy was the fact that sometimes you could tell the suggestion was completely off, other times it was great, and still others non-existent. It definitley helped me learn better how to read the greens without the grid.

Of course, it still bugs me that we can't view a tournament scorecard and see how everyone fared for Round 4 at #15. We should be able to look at our scores hole by hole, round by round, and compare them just like you can on the actual PGA website. However, I did discover a little trick that is allowing me to at least view and compile my own stats on a round by round basis, even though the game does not make it easy. When viewing the leaderboard after each round, I highlight my Gamertag, and then click the yellow "Y" button on the controller for "View Options". Then I just scroll to the "TieBreaker Details" option and click OK. This gives a breakdown of your detailed stats for the tournament that are used to calculate the tiebreaker. Unfortunately, it still does not give a hole by hole scorecard breakdown, but it is better than nothing. Since this tracks cumulative stats for the tournament, I just took screenshots of it after I played each round, which then gave me the ability to have some more detailed round by round stats as seen below.

Anyway, now that we are back to the grids on and no Caddy I am sucking at putting again. Which makes me wonder if I still don't actually understand how to use the grids effectively.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I'm addicted....bought Wolf Creek last night. What's with the "Clicket or Ticket Ad?" It's very annoying when I pay for a course and have to see that. Couldn't they at least have ads that make sense like one for golf equipment or my sponser?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Back from my business trip. I'm taking today off so after I go for my run I will be getting a practice round or two in and then teeing up for the weekly
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Leebo33 wrote:I'm addicted....bought Wolf Creek last night. What's with the "Clicket or Ticket Ad?" It's very annoying when I pay for a course and have to see that. Couldn't they at least have ads that make sense like one for golf equipment or my sponser?
I know, right? I've bought every dlc course the week it came out and I still get notifications or ads to purchase rounds at courses I already flipping own. Incredibly stupid and annoying
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

You really need to pay attention to the notifications. I got a Rick Fowler card pack when he won the other week for free. Whispering straights was free for a day or two (I already had it) they seem to sneak in all sorts of give aways.
Follow Me on: