Trials Evolution

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Trials Evolution

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote:
Spooky wrote:So - is it worth going back to earlier tracks with newer bikes as you open them up or are the tracks really designed with the current bike you have open in mind?

In other words it seems like when I go back to an easy track with a really fast bike the design is not meant for it and I actually have a harder time finishing it. Is that right?
I think it's worth to go back and get gold at least, if you haven't already.

The Phoenix 250 (last unlock) is that fastest possible bike on many tracks, but it is very touchy. The 450 bike has the highest top speed and is easy to handle, so when in doubt, use that.
Yeah, you can go back to the beginner and easy tracks with the 450 to knock out good times pretty easily without really needing to adjust your attack much at all.

Generally speaking, I use the Scorpion for Beginner through most mediums, and use the Phoenix for a couple of mediums and the more difficult levels.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Thanks guys.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:So fun! Getting really good now, as I'm seeing multiple different names knocking me off here and there!

Gotta give fishguy props. His 'lab rat' time has been the first one in Evo that has held up to one of my 'sustained assaults,' (Basically about a half hour of tries at it)

I thought Naples's 'Physics Factory' might be in that category too, but I just beat it near the end of that time period.

This is where it starts getting fun!!!
I see your new Physics Factory record, and raise you by 7 seconds. Beat that!!!
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

If they release this game for the PSV I will be very happy.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I doubt a game published by Microsoft will make it to the Vita.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Aristo wrote:I doubt a game published by Microsoft will make it to the Vita.
Isn't trials available on the PS3?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I think I am getting to the point I got to in the first Trials where it stops being fun (for me at least) and now it's just frustrating. It's a pure skill game and on some of those later tracks I am definitely lacking. I still haven't unlocked the last section (I have something like 120 medals) but I don't see where I am going to get those extra 10-15 medals to unlock it without throwing my controller out the window.

Still, I've managed to squeeze out a ton of fun from this game and there's always the mini-games and user-created tracks to check out.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I think I am cutting myself off at the Hard levels, and spend almost no time on extreme levels. I have gold on nearly every other level, so my plan is to get the last few golds, and try to improve on my times and rebel against Web's tyrannical rule on the leaderboards. :)

Also, is there any interest in my earlier idea to have a "tracks of the week" competition, where every week we'd designate a few tracks (usually user tracks) to compete on? A constant stream of new tracks would keep things fresh I think, and allow people to chase each other's scores in a focused way.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Mac, no, Trials is not on the ps3.

I'm not a huge fan of the extreme levels, though I'll shoot for the gold on them at some point. I personally prefer levels that are more about eking the speed out wherever you can, but the tough technical ones are still okay for a change of pace.

I haven't actually been on in a couple of days, so I'm sure there has been a lot of damage done to my times! I hope to play a little tonight, check out that crazy Physics Factory score.

The 'track of the week' idea is okay by me, but you can't really limit or reset scores top reflect a certain time interval. May not be a huge deal, though, because other than maybe some of those beginner times, I think most of our scores have room above them to be grabbed by a focused effort. Otherwise, 'winning' times may have been set before the week a track was focused on.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:The 'track of the week' idea is okay by me, but you can't really limit or reset scores top reflect a certain time interval. May not be a huge deal, though, because other than maybe some of those beginner times, I think most of our scores have room above them to be grabbed by a focused effort. Otherwise, 'winning' times may have been set before the week a track was focused on.
I thought about that, and maybe we'll just stick to user tracks for that reason. Presumably people won't have any (or very few) previous times on those.
webdanzer wrote:I haven't actually been on in a couple of days, so I'm sure there has been a lot of damage done to my times! I hope to play a little tonight, check out that crazy Physics Factory score.
If you watch my ghost you'll see it's all in the first few obstacles of the course. After I finally nailed that, I was just trying not to blow it and just went at an average pace.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I wish the record to show that on this 5th day of May in the Lord's year 2012, for the first time in 3 years of trying, I loaded up a Trials game and beat one of Web's times. I've waited all this time for a track I can pick a decent route through, then Train Yard shows up from nowhere...

Be very, very gentle with me, mate.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Finally got it, Simo. Took me a solid hour plus over two sessions, though!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Finally took the time to beat all the extreme tracks. The last one took me about 20 minutes and 350 faults.

I was also disturbed to see I was 4th or 5th on some medium tracks. Unacceptable. Snagged a few top times from web. :)

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Nice!

I love chasing those medium and hard times. I'll check it out.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Some of your guys times are just going to be absolutely impossible to beat. There's no way I can even have the patience to even come close so why even attempt it. That's my motto. If you can't come close, F it...just try not to come in last place. Some of those times are just ridiculous web and naples.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Some of your guys times are just going to be absolutely impossible to beat. There's no way I can even have the patience to even come close so why even attempt it. That's my motto. If you can't come close, F it...just try not to come in last place. Some of those times are just ridiculous web and naples.
I take the same approach--attack a track for a few minutes, and see how close I am.

The ghosts are essential to me, so you can see where you are losing time and be motivated. Even if it's just a dot it feels like racing to me.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

You have more homework Web. I went through the easy track pack (I forget the name of it), and set new times on all tracks.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote:You have more homework Web. I went through the easy track pack (I forget the name of it), and set new times on all tracks.
I played for over an hour and got back all the ones I tried. Nice work! Each one took me around 15-20 min. Still feel like I left plenty of room on them, though, so I can still see these swapping back and forth for a while longer.

I'll try to get the others over the weekend.

Your shiny medals are starting to annoy me now though. You have more, and in prettier colors! :lol: I need to try to chase some medals instead of times for a while.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:
Naples39 wrote:You have more homework Web. I went through the easy track pack (I forget the name of it), and set new times on all tracks.
I played for over an hour and got back all the ones I tried. Nice work! Each one took me around 15-20 min. Still feel like I left plenty of room on them, though, so I can still see these swapping back and forth for a while longer.

I'll try to get the others over the weekend.

Your shiny medals are starting to annoy me now though. You have more, and in prettier colors! :lol: I need to try to chase some medals instead of times for a while.
I saw you online last night playing this game and figured some times were going down. None of them were "OMG that was an amazing run", merely good enough for the top spot.

I spent way too long trying to get a new time on physics factory last night, but getting that first jump right is so hard. I still haven't put it all together.

Also, do I have that many more medals? I just got gold on everything through Hard, but I would expect you have the same.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Naples39 wrote: Also, do I have that many more medals? I just got gold on everything through Hard, but I would expect you have the same.
Yeah, I still need to finish the last extreme track, and I'm even missing the medium Gold, because despite beating you on the leaderboards on Gigatrack, I didn't qualify for the gold medal. You need to go beat me on that one to inspire me to go back to it! :lol:

I may not even have the Gold on hard.

So yeah, you have a fairly large medal lead on me!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

New expansion. I believe it's 36 tracks for $5.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

DChaps wrote:...I just purchased the Trials Evoultion expansion pack, but I have not come close to finishing the levels that came standard in the game, not to mention all the free user content.
Any good? I'd assume so, but I haven't gotten around to grabbing it yet.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

webdanzer wrote:
DChaps wrote:...I just purchased the Trials Evoultion expansion pack, but I have not come close to finishing the levels that came standard in the game, not to mention all the free user content.
Any good? I'd assume so, but I haven't gotten around to grabbing it yet.
Wow, I completely forgot about this expansion!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

To my dying day, I do not understand how some of you people post the times you do, or, especially, how in the hell you even pass one of the extreme tracks. Just nuts.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

Teal wrote:To my dying day, I do not understand how some of you people post the times you do, or, especially, how in the hell you even pass one of the extreme tracks. Just nuts.
Pure skill!!!