MLB 12 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 12 The Show

Post by Brando70 »

orthostud23 wrote:Congrats on the complete game shutout!! I know last year when I threw my first perfect game ever in a digital baseball game I took photos of the box score and put them on my man cave wall!
Thanks! I have never had a perfect game or a no hitter. I threw a few shutouts last year with Analog pitching, but with Pulse I felt like I really earned it. I had the no-hitter going until a single in the sixth, and the commentary guys said something about it. It was a nice touch.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I threw a no-hitter only once with Rick Reed in High Heat 2002.

Congrats!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That's a great feat Brando. Good going. Playing on the Vita, on pulse pitching the difference between my #1 guy and the #4 is like night and day. I just can't buy a strike with the rotation guys.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Brando70 wrote:
One thing I am not seeing that I have in year's past is HRs, especially by my team. The Cubs blow, no doubt, but I have 2 HRs in 13 games, both with Soto. Not really giving up very many either. What about you guys?
I checked last night I have 76 thru 69 games which is good for 10th in the majors. Seems about right to me, maybe a little high. Not worth adjusting any sliders though.

I'm 30-39 with the Tribe, AS default, timing hitting, classic pitching.

Carlos Santana leads my team with 19, then Hafner's got 16.

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

Zeppo wrote:Franchise veterans, I seek your help. I am a bit confused! I don't really see where I have the option to select my 25-man roster before the start of the season. I opted to sim to the end of spring training, and it was already done by the CPU. Then I started over and simmed to the last day of spring training, but I still saw no option or place where I could select the 25 I wanted to start my season with, and it was the same result as before: a CPU selected 25-man MLB roster. As far as I can see, I have a 40-man MLB roster until I end spring training, and then it becomes the 25-man roster with no input from me. I'm a bit lost! What am I missing?

I also got a litte confused by the training options, where somehow you can only have hitting coach or batting cage selected, for example, for some players, not all. Any tips for that stuff, or is it not meaningful in the long run?

I'm a noob to this franchise mode. I guess I played season mode a couple years ago.
While not a veteran by any means, I think I figured this out in my many seasons that I simmed through last year. They key is to--on the very last day of Spring Training--move all of your 40-man guys that you don't want on your MLB roster to their permanent minor league homes (and add anyone to the 40-man you want starting on the MLB Roster). . .so basically you have to take the initiative because, as you noted, if you don't manually move people the AI does it for you when you move to the regular season.

It would be nice for them to give you a prompt to set the roster similar to the reminder promps that highlight key items in the offseason, but it doesn't.

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

I bought another PS3 last night and got it installed. Messed around in the batting cages and the first thing that comes to my mind is I would LOVE to recreate the batter cam from MLB 2k12. I can tell balls and strikes so much better than the default catcher or wide batting cam.

Has anyone tried to duplicate the 2k batting cam?? If yes then which one did you start with?

Was going to start a Franchise with the Redsox but am thinking of really putting my GM/player skills to the test and try one with the Pirates.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Not familiar with the 2K camera, but switching to catcher high made a world of difference for me.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Saw a couple of pretty cool things in my last game against the Cards.

-- I hit a screaming line drive to left that was charged pretty well, but the ball went off the fielder's glove for an error like it hit him in the palm of the glove instead of the pocket. Nice to see that sort of outfielder error.

-- On a weak grounder to first, I charged with my first baseman, but in the process got in the way of my pitcher who was coming over to cover first. I was expecting them to pass through each other but they made actual contact.

Also won my third straight game with the Cubs, which should earn at least a bronze trophy considering how bad this team is. :D

tmdba37
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by tmdba37 »

It's raining cats and dogs in Philly in my Cubs vs. Phillies game. . .the first time I've seen a storm like this in The Show.

It's been an odd series. . .

I was stone-walled by Joe Blanton in game one a 3-1 loss.

Then, I put 8 on Roy Halladay in a wild 12-7 win and then just put 4 runs on Cliff Lee in the first (apparently more runs than he gave up in his last two starts per your friend and mine Eric Karros).

I have also noticed that games are a bit quicker this year with the more natural and much more integrated presentation. I can generally get two games in less than two hours. . .where most games last season took 65-70 minutes.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Started my season over and going with a 82 game schedule with the intent to play all 82. Still probably won't happen. But what I did do is download a roster in the vault from a guy by the name of UntalentedTalent. He took Knight's OS roster and put together a 40 man roster for each team. Voila! With just a few adjustments I have players on my 25 man roster and my total 40 man has the players I want should I call up or send down a player.

0-1 to start the season. Latos shut me down.

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

I started the Pirates Franchise on default AS using Pulse pitching and Analog batting. I got SMASHED in my first 2 games against the Phillies. After the 4th game I went into the batting practice to make a camera for hitting. On the 5th game I threw a 1 hitter with my 5th starter against the Dodgers. I only had 1 hit as well (HR by McCutchen) and won 1-0!! :D

Cant wait to play a few more games tonight!!!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Started my season over and going with a 82 game schedule with the intent to play all 82. Still probably won't happen. But what I did do is download a roster in the vault from a guy by the name of UntalentedTalent. He took Knight's OS roster and put together a 40 man roster for each team. Voila! With just a few adjustments I have players on my 25 man roster and my total 40 man has the players I want should I call up or send down a player.

So you did season or franchise?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Started my season over and going with a 82 game schedule with the intent to play all 82. Still probably won't happen. But what I did do is download a roster in the vault from a guy by the name of UntalentedTalent. He took Knight's OS roster and put together a 40 man roster for each team. Voila! With just a few adjustments I have players on my 25 man roster and my total 40 man has the players I want should I call up or send down a player.

Only doing one season. I'm quite certain I'll be burned out after playing all these games, and football will more than likely have my attention by that time. 82 games is an attainable goal, while 162 certainly isn't. I'm not real interested in simming thru games. I'm just happy to have the 40 man roster set up.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Only doing one season. I'm quite certain I'll be burned out after playing all these games, and football will more than likely have my attention by that time. 82 games is an attainable goal, while 162 certainly isn't. I'm not real interested in simming thru games. I'm just happy to have the 40 man roster set up.
I think I might do the same.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Had a fun comeback after going down to the Marlins 4-0 early. A late rally started after the pitcher lost his footing covering first and couldn't find the bag in time (neat animation btw), and I later scored the winning run with runners on first an second, one out, on a grounder that Reyes was able to stop but not come up with. His momentum took him far enough from the ball that I chanced sending the runner that had been on second homeward, and it worked splendidly.

One of the most satisfying things in this game is when you're able to judge the accuracy of a throw from the outfield and slide accordingly.

What is that horrendous altar out beyond center in the Marlins' new park?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Slumberland wrote:What is that horrendous altar out beyond center in the Marlins' new park?
It's their awesome HR display. Ugh.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I've never toyed with Sounds of the Show, but what a difference it makes! Thus far, I've added the Fox pregame music along with the music that's played in between innings. I also added a Cardinals chant and am looking forward to adding each players walk up music. It takes a little while to complete, but it really adds to the atmosphere. There are quite a few different packs available over at OS including team specific ones.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The CPU got a triple play on me today thanks to my borking of the running controls. I had runners on 1st and 2nd when I got a grounder down the third base line. It looked like it was going to get through to the outfield, so I had my runner from second advance home. However, the third baseman knocked the ball to stop it. I hit R1 to send my runner back, but this sent my runner from first who was advancing to second back to first. A comedy of button mashing errors ensued and I managed to get all three baserunners thrown out.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I'm having a blast recently on the Vita version. I'm hitting with "zone plus analog" on Veteran and pitching with "pure analog" on All-Star. It feels like this is just right for me although I think I'll be ready to up the hitting difficulty soon. At first I genuinely disliked trying to play using the tiny analog joystick nubs on the Vita but after a few exhibition games I started getting the hang of it. I'm currently 6 games into spring training on my franchise with the Padres. We're 2-4 overall with the following runs scored (me-cpu) 4-5, 1-3, 4-1, 2-8, 1-3, 6-5. Not a bad overall distribution through my first 6 games. I always feel like I have a chance to put some runs on the board and have definitely had some nervous pitching moments. I've hit at least 6 homers through these 6 games as well. My last game I barely eek'd out a 6-5 save with Huston Street as I had been up 6-3 going into the 9th inning. Street gave up two runs but managed to strike out the final batter. Very cool!

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

Through 40 games the Pirates are 7 games under 500. I am struggling with scoring runs. My biggest run output was 7 and that was only once. I am hitting on All star default sliders. I think I need to really hire some bats to help with the offense.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The latest patch apparently is causing issues with career and season modes.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

10spro wrote:The latest patch apparently is causing issues with career and season modes.
That's pretty vague. What kind of issues?

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

10spro wrote:The latest patch apparently is causing issues with career and season modes.
Haven't had a chance to review it yet.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/549 ... pressions/

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Saw a post at OS (reposted from somewhere else) that said if your franchise is past the All-Star Break and you download the newest patch, you could have freezing issues. Take that for what it's worth.

I started my franchise with the OS Spring rosters before the first patch and I have not had any issues. I'm to April 30 in my Cubs franchise and have played every day. I haven't gotten anal enough to check if there are any issues with stats or total number of games played.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zeppo wrote:
That's pretty vague. What kind of issues?
http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/04/30/la ... more-58644