Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by Gangrel »

10spro wrote:
MUTTS wrote:I understand that to set up to draw/fade the ball I need to adjust the right stick prior to the swing.

Now, when I swing, is it still straight back and through or do I need to go from 5 o'clock to 11o'clock? I notice that the black cross hair is angled a bit after striking the ball in draw/fade.

You guys playing with the controller...when pitching/chipping, I either have a very fast swing and clobber the ball or grossly under swing at a snails pace. Am I the only one who does this>

Tony
Just adjust your stance before you hit your next shot by adjusting the RS and hit it straight from there. The clock swinging motion was for the previous TW's. While pitching, don't take a big swing, it's all on feel depending on your yardage and brush the RS instead.
Actually on draws and fades you are supposed to angle the stick. Follow the path of the black line in the strike metre
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I wasn't going to get this, but every time I come to the forum this thread is near the top so I figured I'd see what all the fuss is about.

If I buy today or tomorrow can I still join the club? Does it matter if I'll only be playing with a controller as I don't have Kinect? How does it play with the controller?

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

Leebo33 wrote:I wasn't going to get this, but every time I come to the forum this thread is near the top so I figured I'd see what all the fuss is about.

If I buy today or tomorrow can I still join the club? Does it matter if I'll only be playing with a controller as I don't have Kinect? How does it play with the controller?
I find the game very challenging on the tournament setting with all aids off. Get the CE edition if you can for the 5 extra courses and the practice facility. You will definately want to visit that first to get a feel for the new swng control and for short game.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

IGN gave this a 6.5. The little bit I played of the demo I really liked. It was difficult and I liked not being able to put the ball wherever I wanted. It almost made me not miss links.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

If it's a sports game, IGN is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine for good reviews.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Leebo33 wrote:I wasn't going to get this, but every time I come to the forum this thread is near the top so I figured I'd see what all the fuss is about.

I think the vast majority of the DSP Country Club are playing with a controller and not Kinect. On the same difficulty settings, for example Tournament, I find that it is much easier with the Kinect than the controller. That could be due to the fact that I have never really played any TW controller based console golf before. I think I may be the sole Kinect only club member. Will this be considered a "cheat" within the club, similar to using a Pro as opposed to CAG? Not that it makes me any good, I still shot +15 for one round. I would be more like +30 if I was having to use the controller.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

orthostud23 wrote:JC was on fire!!! Way to go pard! I think he was 6 under or more on his own ball.
Thanks Ortho, they don't always fall like that for me... and as you saw, when I fall - I fall HAAAARD :oops: :) The fourball match was fun, and I learned some new techniques and approaches watching you, Danimal, and Vader. It's pretty cool how this game lends itself to a number of different styles of play.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leebo, I don't have a Kinect either and I enjoy the game quite a bit with the controller. I think you would enjoy this game as it is a significantly different challenge than what we're used to getting with Tiger Woods. It's a bit too forgiving on full shots, particularly tee shots with the driver, but it makes up for that with a short game that requires more feel and intuition.

Hop on this train, I don't think you'll regret it. It would be great to have you in the club as well!

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

The game plays fine with a controller. I'm better using the Move on putts because it is so intuitive, however for the most part the controller is a good way to play the game. It does take a little time to get used to hitting approach shots and chips.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

We have 3 spots left.

I also find it easier with the Kinect then the controller. It's good to know that I set the daily to not allow motion controllers but it seems someone used one. Another win for EA.

I give up on finding the info on how to play team mate 2 player matches. I guess our club will stay with bronze achievements and get a low coin boost.

I agree 4 ball was fun, I like alternate shot as well.

I think once we get a week in or so and people have their Cag's a little boosted I may try to run a single elimination match play tournament if there is interest.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I got Crooked Stick in queue for the next Daily. Tournament difficulty with Live weather and medium pins, average greens.

Danimal, did you know you can go into the "Add" menu and schedule tournaments for the future? I just learned that while perusing the menu. It just has to have a scheduled start after the current tournament ends. This could be very helpful in the future.

Now I just wish they could figure out a way to give us something other than Follow Camera in the Live tournaments... what's up with that!?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote: Danimal, did you know you can go into the "Add" menu and schedule tournaments for the future? I just learned that while perusing the menu. It just has to have a scheduled start after the current tournament ends. This could be very helpful in the future.
Yeah I knew that the problem is I can't schedule a daily for today because it overlaps with the current daily, that is what the site says. It's not smart enough to look at the start time and know the other one is over.
Follow Me on:

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I think once we get a week in or so and people have their Cag's a little boosted I may try to run a single elimination match play tournament if there is interest.
Abso-freakin'-lutely!
GT = Wilk5280

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Danimal wrote:I also find it easier with the Kinect then the controller. It's good to know that I set the daily to not allow motion controllers but it seems someone used one. Another win for EA.
At the Bethpage Daily yesterday I definitely posted my +15 or whatever using the Kinect. Is the DSP Country Club going to be controller only?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was under the impression that the tournaments allowed Kinect and controllers, but if you set the tournament up for motion controllers, it only allows motion controller (Kinect) use. I don't know this for sure though.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:I was under the impression that the tournaments allowed Kinect and controllers, but if you set the tournament up for motion controllers, it only allows motion controller (Kinect) use. I don't know this for sure though.
Ah that makes sense. That drop down is mislabeled then. It says motion controller [YES/NO] so I guess that means motion controller only.

You can play with whatever you want, if we find the MC giving an advantage then we can do something. I just found it much easier with Kinect.
Follow Me on:

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:I think once we get a week in or so and people have their Cag's a little boosted I may try to run a single elimination match play tournament if there is interest.
Match play sounds awesome...didn't think about that.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Dan, we've completed all bronze objectives.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

webdanzer wrote:Dan, we've completed all bronze objectives.
How? I more curious how we got 5 2 player team mate matches. I mean how do you start those in game?
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Maybe it's as simple as playing in an online match with a teammate...?

I have no idea, as the whole interface is baffling to me. It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to join the Country Club.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Will people be on again tonight? I really had fun last night. Will my cell phone headset work with Xbox Live? I could hear you guys giving me compliments for the maybe 2 nice shots I have. I'm sure you were wondering why that asshole squid wasn't acknowleging it.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I'm all mixed up then, as my kinect play is much worse than my controller play. I'm determined to get the hang of it though.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I will try to be online again tonight.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

pdc_iccc
Mario Mendoza

Post by pdc_iccc »

Hey guys - I signed in today as well...I'm a long time member, just don't post often! Look forward to getting in the mix with you guys...

Paul

-------------------

Gamertag:PurpleHornPower

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fsquid wrote:
pk500 wrote:
MUTTS wrote:I am AMD14.

Ive been here for years...I just dont say or do a whole lot. My claim to fame is living a whole 5 miles from PK.

Tony
Tony lives in the high-rent district; I live in the country ghetto. :)
great song
Great band -- one of the best American bands of which no one has heard. I know Scoop digs J.J. Grey and Mofro, too.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425