Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by Aristo »

DivotMaker wrote:Same here...you would be SHOCKED 8O at how many want to play the game with the boost, aftershot spin and all that other arcade nonsense....I would LOVE to shoot the bastard who introduced this to TW years ago and who thinks something like this belongs in a PGA TOUR licensed sports game. This is something that belongs in HSG, not TW.....but again, the number of users who play this way FAR outweight those who want to play it as a simulation or near-simulation of the sport....mind-blowing is an understatement.....
Yeah, it is pretty depressing. If they provided that Country Club mode, but with TW 11's gameplay, they'd have my money. As it is, I have to wait until it ships to see if the game I loved is back.

I was under the impression that TW 12 handily outsold TW 11. at least it did in the outset. But TW 12 is dead over at OS, where TW 11 had quite a few folks still playing leading up to the release of TW 12. Recently I heard that TW 11 actually outsold TW 12. So I'm hopeful we'll see the TrueAim come back.

TW 11's TrueAim spoiled me. It's the only way I want to play a golf game now.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Aristo wrote: Yeah, it is pretty depressing. If they provided that Country Club mode, but with TW 11's gameplay, they'd have my money. As it is, I have to wait until it ships to see if the game I loved is back.

I was under the impression that TW 12 handily outsold TW 11. at least it did in the outset. But TW 12 is dead over at OS, where TW 11 had quite a few folks still playing leading up to the release of TW 12. Recently I heard that TW 11 actually outsold TW 12. So I'm hopeful we'll see the TrueAim come back.

TW 11's TrueAim spoiled me. It's the only way I want to play a golf game now.
Might want to go take a look at the EA Tiger forums for the latest. It appears TrueAim has had a facelift/name change to "TrueView".

TW12 outsold TW11 by a huge margin. The fact that TW12 is dead at OS is the lack of TrueAim and the Caddy which is optional this year. OS is very much a sim-oriented crowd which is not exactly indicative of the whole TW console userbase.

Couple the TrueView feature and the new swing mechanic and associated difficulty in Tournament mode, I think this Tiger has a chance to be the best console version ever, IMO and should outsell both 11 and 12 if the gameplay and features work as advertised.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

DivotMaker wrote:TW12 outsold TW11 by a huge margin. The fact that TW12 is dead at OS is the lack of TrueAim and the Caddy which is optional this year. OS is very much a sim-oriented crowd which is not exactly indicative of the whole TW console userbase.

Couple the TrueView feature and the new swing mechanic and associated difficulty in Tournament mode, I think this Tiger has a chance to be the best console version ever, IMO and should outsell both 11 and 12 if the gameplay and features work as advertised.
That makes sense about the TW 12 sales, and the lack of OS presence. It is good to hear that TrueView might be the return of the classic TrueAim. It is definitely something I am going to be looking at when it releases.

I think it s interesting that there is way to get all of the courses without paying for them. But knowing how EA plays that game, it will be include a heavy grind. They ruined Be a Pro in the NHL series by increasing the grind to induce more Boost sales. And while their Ultimate team modes are really cool, they are all tuned to induce you to spend money.

I did think TW 11 was not too bad of a grind to upgrade your player. There was more grind than in TW 10, but the gameplay without a maxed golfer was a fun enough that it was a really fun grind, for me.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

This sold me just with the ability to schedule our own tournaments. Add on the fact we have club objectives that's another bonus. I like the get coins, play the dlc win the dlc but I bet it's going to be very hard. I wonder if you can just win enough coins to outright buy the dlc?

These online features and the online ones for SSX are top notch.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RiderNet for Golf=WIN!

Can't wait for this sucker now!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:This sold me just with the ability to schedule our own tournaments. Add on the fact we have club objectives that's another bonus. I like the get coins, play the dlc win the dlc but I bet it's going to be very hard. I wonder if you can just win enough coins to outright buy the dlc?

I'm definitely looking forward to the DSP TPC Championship...or the DSP Masters...or the DSP...you get my drift. I would hope you guys would want to play on the highest difficulty...just my 2 cents.

We definitely need to get people to check in who have the game (when it is released) so we can create the CC and send out invites. For the record I already have it preordered. :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm pretty much gonna get it too.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I think EA Sports has a potential hit with this Online Country Club feature. It's got considerably more depth and flexibility than I thought it would have. People are going to see this feature though a number of different perspectives though; some will turn it into a an achievement and status point raising exercise, trying to become the top club. Others will use it as a vessel to host and automatically score live club tournaments, keep intra club head-to-head match records and overall player statistics. I'll be more in the latter camp.

There's probably a lot more underneath the surface of what was revealed today. For example, they didn't mention "cross play" in any of today's news. One thing that I'd been campaigning for since Live Tournaments began in TW 10, is the ability to play Live Tournament rounds in groups, if desired. I thought the Custom Live Tournaments might make that possible within a club context. One of the devs (Christian Brandt) answered my question about this in the official forum today. Live Tournament play will be solo only. That's a bit of a downer, but I only gave it about a 20% shot of being doable. Overall though, I'm more excited for this Tiger release than any other in next-gen history!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:This sold me just with the ability to schedule our own tournaments. Add on the fact we have club objectives that's another bonus. I like the get coins, play the dlc win the dlc but I bet it's going to be very hard. I wonder if you can just win enough coins to outright buy the dlc?

I'm definitely looking forward to the DSP TPC Championship...or the DSP Masters...or the DSP...you get my drift. I would hope you guys would want to play on the highest difficulty...just my 2 cents.

We definitely need to get people to check in who have the game (when it is released) so we can create the CC and send out invites. For the record I already have it preordered. :D
Count on me too.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:We definitely need to get people to check in who have the game (when it is released) so we can create the CC and send out invites. For the record I already have it preordered. :D
I've got it preordered also, plus the EA season pass means having access to it the weekend before it is released. :D
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:We definitely need to get people to check in who have the game (when it is released) so we can create the CC and send out invites. For the record I already have it preordered. :D
I've got it preordered also, plus the EA season pass means having access to it the weekend before it is released. :D
Excellent point! I forgot i had the EA Pass.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:I've got it preordered also, plus the EA season pass means having access to it the weekend before it is released. :D
Thanks for floating this bit of info... I'd forgotten about the Seaon Pass. I'm going to make that purchase tonight! It will come in handy more than once from what I can forsee 8)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote: We definitely need to get people to check in who have the game (when it is released) so we can create the CC and send out invites. For the record I already have it preordered. :D
I don't know if you saw this or not, but one of the announcements today was that the Club creation tool will be available in the demo, when it releases on March 6th, and apparently the the club's web site access will also begin on that day. I would doubt that gamers could start accumulating status points until the Club's are actually made operational. They're probably doing this just to give folks a jump on having to toil through this process on game launch day, when people are more interested in acquainting themselves with the core gameplay and building their CAG's.

Club creation is something that's going to require a little forethought and planning, IMO. Gamers are going to have to identify a difficulty level by which they wish to have their club associated. Daily and weekly tournament structures would have to be worked out, along with how to institute head-to-head play. You've got a create a club logo, bag tag, and who knows what else. It's probably a smart move on EA's part to offer this jump start on club creation.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well unless someone else wants to step up I have no problem creating the club and getting it set up once the web tool is up. It's probably better for someone to take control instead of multiple people just making a DSP club. I forget who it was but someone here that is not a "regular" made the Madden community, not that those were worth a s*** but still they made it left it on default settings and disappeared.

So like I said unless someone else wants to take the bull by the horns I'll be happy doing it.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Well unless someone else wants to step up I have no problem creating the club and getting it set up once the web tool is up. It's probably better for someone to take control instead of multiple people just making a DSP club.
You've got my vote Danimal. I'd like to be a member of the DSP club, if you guys will have me. I know I've raced and golfed with some of you over the years, going back to Tiger 2003 on the PC, and TOCA 2 on the XBox. We had a fairly decent little run of races going here a few years back in Race Pro on the XBox 360.

I'm just wondering what the consensus is here for gameplay difficulty. I'm pretty sure it would be Tournament, but I'd like to see for sure. I'm exclusively a Tournament difficulty guy, which is not to say I'm so good at the game that I can only feel challenged in Tournament. I like Tournament because I crave realism and as few aids, meters, and HUD devices as possible in a golf game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was just assuming it would be tournament myself. Hopefully this will rekindle the old PGA Golf days from Sierra when we played in tournaments every week.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I remember last year, we would alternate every week on the difficulty and tourney choice so I am flexible. But for starters, I think it would be a good idea to get our feet wet on Pro and then move on to tournament. I am good either way.

Welcome back J_Cauthen.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Thanks 10spro and Danimal... yes, the PGA Golf tournament days were great. That game was ahead of its time, especially in multiplayer online!

As for difficulty, that which is specified in the clubs charter is one that describes the club's prefered play difficulty. It doesn't mean that other difficulties can't be chosen for club Live Tournaments, and I would imagine we'd also have total flexibility when playing head-to-head competitions within the club. I've got a question on the board right now over at the officiat Tiger forum about all the types of head-to-head play competitive options there are under the "Head to Head" menu in the Clubhouse.

Right now I play about 85% of my Tiger 12 time playing Live Tournaments. I split that between 90% Tournament difficulty and 10% Tour Pro. I play Tour Pro when the Live Tournament for that daily or weekly is at a phantasy course, or one of the few DLC courses that wasn't part of the Eagle DLC pack.

I do play an occasional multiplayer match when a fried wants to hook up, or I get adventurous and want to see how the custom match feature is working. I'm surprised to find that every once in a while, I can get a quality match with someone in Tournament difficulty.

I work a rotating 12 hour shift and that has made it impossible for me to be involved in leagues that have a set time to play league competitions. At best, I can only make those half the time. The way this club feature is going to work, I can still compete in club custom Live Tournaments on days when I'm likely not going to find someone else from the club online. What's really bad this year is that I'll be working 72 hours a week for a month, starting a week before the game's release. There are two months out of every eighteen months when I have to do this. I'm going to miss a lot of the direct action right at the launch of Tiger 13. The beauty of it is that on work days, I usually have about a 45 minute window to do a little gaming. That's more than enough time to squeeze in a solo play Live Tournament round, but it's certainly better than nothing. This year it would have quite a bit more significance within the framework of a club where I'd have more invested, not just for myself but for a team :wink:

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm fine with making this as hard as you want for difficulty. I can practice to get my skill set up to the level needed. Just like racing in the Forza stuff.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BTW just for giggles I loaded up the EA Season pass last night and there are no games listed as upcoming for the pass. IDK if that is normal or what but I was expecting to see Tiger and was kind of hoping for SSX.
Follow Me on:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

If you just got the Season Ticket, it is good for one calendar year. My understanding is that when games are about to release, they will show up for DL three days prior to the street day release schedule. Not to mention you should be eligible for discounts on DLC, etc....

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm in! Can't wait for this sucker...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Do we all have to have the same version of the game (PS3/360) for the online CC?

Tony

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Well unless someone else wants to step up I have no problem creating the club and getting it set up once the web tool is up. It's probably better for someone to take control instead of multiple people just making a DSP club. I forget who it was but someone here that is not a "regular" made the Madden community, not that those were worth a s*** but still they made it left it on default settings and disappeared.

So like I said unless someone else wants to take the bull by the horns I'll be happy doing it.
Sounds good to me Dan. We don't need random DSP CC's being created on a whim :) You've got my vote.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DivotMaker wrote:If you just got the Season Ticket, it is good for one calendar year. My understanding is that when games are about to release, they will show up for DL three days prior to the street day release schedule. Not to mention you should be eligible for discounts on DLC, etc....
Yeah mines good to August and honestly I haven't loaded it in forever but when it first came out it had a listing of ever game in the season pass. Now it's just blank. Weird.
Follow Me on: