NFL Season 2011-2012

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2011-2012

Post by greggsand »

Great game. Great finish! I want Denver to win it all just to stick to everyone who thinks you have to play the game "the right way". Break the game!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Damn, had to go to the store only to find out the score.
greggsand wrote:Great game. Great finish! I want Denver to win it all just to stick to everyone who thinks you have to play the game "the right way". Break the game!
Me too :)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I was really impressed with the Denver game plan and Tebow's execution taking advantage of Ryan Clark's absence. The Steelers were a shell of the team compared to the team that beat New England handily earlier. I don't think a rematch would have been pretty and the Steelers chances of beating New England, Baltimore/Houston, and an NFC opponent were remote. The Steelers demise started with the shocking loss to the Ravens and the inability all season to create turnovers.

Good luck to the Texans, Broncos, and the entire NFC contenders.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Leebo33 wrote:I was really impressed with the Denver game plan and Tebow's execution taking advantage of Ryan Clark's absence. The Steelers were a shell of the team compared to the team that beat New England handily earlier. I don't think a rematch would have been pretty and the Steelers chances of beating New England, Baltimore/Houston, and an NFC opponent were remote. The Steelers demise started with the shocking loss to the Ravens and the inability all season to create turnovers.

and an injured Mendenhall and Roethlisberger did not help either. ;)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
Leebo33 wrote:I was really impressed with the Denver game plan and Tebow's execution taking advantage of Ryan Clark's absence. The Steelers were a shell of the team compared to the team that beat New England handily earlier. I don't think a rematch would have been pretty and the Steelers chances of beating New England, Baltimore/Houston, and an NFC opponent were remote. The Steelers demise started with the shocking loss to the Ravens and the inability all season to create turnovers.

No doubt. Excellent points.

That was an electric finish to a fun game and I like the enthusiasm. I naturally will be rooting for the Broncos against the Patriots but I will be surprised if New England doesn't win by 21.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

What a coincidence, Josh McDaniels drafts Tebow and Demarius Thomas, who lead the Broncos over the Steelers, who had defeated the Patriots and would have faced them if they beat the Broncos.

And McDaniels is an assistant for the Patriots starting with this upcoming playoff game against Denver.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:
Rodster wrote:

No doubt. Excellent points.

That was an electric finish to a fun game and I like the enthusiasm. I naturally will be rooting for the Broncos against the Patriots but I will be surprised if New England doesn't win by 21.
It's going to be tough beating Brady in the playoffs but if Tebow is allowed to play the way he did tonight and they don't shackle the kid then Denver has a legit shot of pulling off an upset in NE.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If #7 and the WR could connect the way they did in the second half, the result could have been different but a great performance by Tebow in the biggest game of his career, knowing he was against all odds, all naysayers and haters and to pull it off in his first ever playoff game is damn impressive.

Good luck next week DEN.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

About the only time I am rooting for Tebow, man won me some nice money today. Steelers defensive game plan was ridiculous the only play Denver had was the big play because they couldn't cover them straight up in man. The only way you can loose in OT is by touchdown so on first play put both your safeties in the box...LOL

I hope the line vs New England is ridiculous so I can bet on him again.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dont count out denver next week.

before today's game, i thought the game would have been something like 34-10 steelers.

you never know with Tebow.

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

I'm not putting this loss on the offense, 23 pts should have been enough. I can't even put it on the defensive players, they were playing shorthanded and were put in bad positions time and time again due to an atrocious gameplan that should have been abandoned after Tebow burned them deep twice on the first TD drive. This one falls squarely at the feet of the coaches, both Tomlin and Lebeau. Aside from the first couple of drives (although Denver just missed a long TD on the second), John Fox made the Steelers coaches look silly all game long, and I think the winning TD in overtime was the perfect way for it to end, with Mundy up at the line of scrimmage and Taylor getting burned by Thomas yet again. The Steelers were outplayed all game long, and without that blown call on the lateral that Denver recovered it probably wouldn't have been close.

I give tons of credit to Tebow, he made some great throws deep against good coverage, and he didn't miss anyone that was wide open (which seemed to be about every other pass play). I thought he was screwed after Decker went down early, but it didn't faze him at all. He ran the ball very well, made good decisions, and the coaches stayed agressive all game long and fooled the Steelers time after time.

Too bad the rest of the league now has a blueprint of how not to play against Tebow. Go Houston and Denver!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Another nugget for the Tebow haterz. He threw for 3:16 yards :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:Another nugget for the Tebow haterz. He threw for 3:16 yards :lol:
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd love to know how much Yac Thomas had
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Elway sounds pissed that Tebow beat one of his records. You know he doesn't mean what he said. :)

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7440551

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

That was awesome!!!

I really hope they can beat those cheating bastard Pats next week!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:

Redman ran for 121 yards, so I don't think Pittsburgh missed Mendenhall that much. Clark was a much bigger absence, as were the two defensive linemen during the game.

I'm also stunned how poor Pittsburgh's offensive line pass-blocked. I don't see the Steelers every week during the season -- has that been a problem all year?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

NFL in general this season. Has pass defense gotten really poor or have receivers just that much better at running routes? Seems like there's guys wide open all over the place as of late.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

pk500 wrote:I'm also stunned how poor Pittsburgh's offensive line pass-blocked. I don't see the Steelers every week during the season -- has that been a problem all year?
The Steelers played without All-Pro center Mike Pouncey and lost their second best lineman Willie Colon to injury in the pre-season. Max Starks was also injured and left the game yesterday.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Broncos may have the best pair of DEs in the league.

But for some reason, they rushed 3 a lot of the time on the drives where the Steelers came back.

With a hobbled Rothlisberger who wants to extend plays waiting for longer routes to open up, that was a weird strategy.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:Broncos may have the best pair of DEs in the league.
The Giants will argue with you. Tuck, Pierre-Paul and Umeniyiora are tough to top as interchangeable bookends to a D-line.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'm hoping for a Giants win in Lambeau.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

ScoopBrady wrote:I'm hoping for a Giants win in Lambeau.
Can I root for a tie? Dislike the Giants; tired of the Packers. :)

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I can't decide if Tebow has already been crucified and this is the ascension to heaven, or if yesterday was Palm Sunday and he has a date with the Romans this week.

Huge win by the Brocnos, and they deserved it after getting jobbed on that fumbled WR screen.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Brando70 wrote:I can't decide if Tebow has already been crucified and this is the ascension to heaven, or if yesterday was Palm Sunday and he has a date with the Romans this week.

Huge win by the Brocnos, and they deserved it after getting jobbed on that fumbled WR screen.
If so, he's definitely risen from the dead after the last 3-4 losses and people gave him absolutely no chance in his first playoff appearance let alone against the Steelers.