Gears of War 3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Gears of War 3

Post by TCrouch »

I was pretty surprised when my daughter's boyfriend goes "hey who's Teal?" :lol:

He talked me into doing some of the campaign co-op on Hardcore in full-nerd setting. Pulled out 2 TV's, 2 360s, had them set up at a 90 degree angle and were tearing through it. Man that game is pretty tense in hardcore. It seems if you take more than 2 or 3 shots, you're dead. Some of those bigger mobs are beastly to take down. But it was very very fun stuff. I've never been too into Gears, and it remains to be seen whether I get into this one any more than the previous 2, but it's off to a good start. I didn't know that anybody could just jump in at any time, though. That certainly caught me off guard lol

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, if you don't say anything, you can just ninja right in...lol. Hey-you told me you'd be right back! :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I was! I played over a chapter solo and you were still in Deathmatch, so I went back to Madden and then NHL for a while and went to sleep :wink:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

There's this nifty little messaging thing on XBL, y'know... :wink:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got my first real MP action last night. I was playing King of the Hill for about 45 minutes. Its way faster than what I am used to but I had a great time. I held my own for it being the first time. Should be fun...until BF3 arrives :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

HipE
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by HipE »

If anyone here preordered Gears 3 from Amazon and hasn't used the preorder bonus "Savage Kantus" character download code, you might want to think about putting it on ebay. I sold mine last night for $31, I can't believe people are willing to pay that for a multiplayer character skin. Combine that with the $20 gift card that they were giving with preorders and the game ended up nearly being free.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

So it's been a week or so and I am still absolutely loving this game. They really nailed all the aspects. It's basically as perfect of a game as you can make (NOT a statement on the type/style of game - strictly talking about all of the gameplay elements, interaction and interface).

The ability to freely jump in and out of ALL game modes, decide if you want to do 'Quick Play' or 'Ranked' games, the way penalties are implemented if you ditch on a Ranked game, the game mode types, the party system, the ranking system, the awards and ribbons, character and skin unlocking, co-op and arcade modes, etc...F*cking amazing, really.

I think this may be the most polished video game ever created.

And the graphics...simply mind blowing. It really hit me last night on the Overpass map.

Man, I really wish this game had come our 5-7 years ago when we had much higher DSP participation on our 'Poker Nights'.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

HipE wrote:If anyone here preordered Gears 3 from Amazon and hasn't used the preorder bonus "Savage Kantus" character download code, you might want to think about putting it on ebay. I sold mine last night for $31, I can't believe people are willing to pay that for a multiplayer character skin. Combine that with the $20 gift card that they were giving with preorders and the game ended up nearly being free.
WOW, thanks for the heads-up. I completely forgot amazon even emailed me this. I put it on ebay with it a 'buy it now' for $40. Someone bought it 4 hours later. Incredible...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Got to share this-was just playing Warzone with randoms, and everyone on my team was dead but me, and there were three on their team. I stuck a frag grenade on a column between two sets of stairs, at the bottom. They knew right where I was, and one dude came around the car where I was hiding, he had a boomshot. He shot and missed, and I poured rifle rounds into him, and took him down. The other two were waiting on the stairs, just watching, waiting to ambush me. Once he went down, they both came down the stairs, heard a beep, the BLAM! Both blown to bits. It was friggin' awesome.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Teal wrote:Got to share this-was just playing Warzone with randoms, and everyone on my team was dead but me, and there were three on their team. I stuck a frag grenade on a column between two sets of stairs, at the bottom. They knew right where I was, and one dude came around the car where I was hiding, he had a boomshot. He shot and missed, and I poured rifle rounds into him, and took him down. The other two were waiting on the stairs, just watching, waiting to ambush me. Once he went down, they both came down the stairs, heard a beep, the BLAM! Both blown to bits. It was friggin' awesome.
Moments like these make this game even more amazing. I had one last week where I ended the match by taking out 3 guys ducking behind a car on the Hotel map using the 'Digger'. So great.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Microsoft bought Gears of War IP from Epic. They also hired the producer of the first 3 games.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/534534 ... -fergusson

I'd like to play through the Gears 3 campaign again (this time Insane/Arcade 4 man co-op) and looking for 1 more co-op partner. I'd also love to play some more Horde.

No one interested in Gears anymore? Such a great series IMO. Even Judgment was better than most games of those kind (Sci Fi 3PS). Another reason I need XB1, now that its another exclusive.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210