Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by Danimal »

So for some reason the forum Pm software is shortening the link the the league manager invites. I'm not sure if this is what is breaking it but you can go to the site http://myleaguemanager.net/ and create an account and try the link I sent you guys to see if it works.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I finally blew out a team, the bucs, 35-7.

But even the blowouts I had to earn. The game isn't like I just threw up bombs and they were easy money plays.

I had to stop the bucs a lot inside my 40 on 3rd down and made them punt each time. They went something like 2/10 on 3rd down conversions. Like my previous game against Newton, Freeman also scrambled a lot. Newton scrambled a majority of the time which more realistic than say Freeman doing it. I got my scores putting together long drives and it helped I got some turnovers. I sacked Freeman I think 5 times in the game which really made me earn the victory.

My next game vs the colts was a classic. First play of the game Peyton 80 yard bomb to Garcon, I get the ball, quick pic 6 by the colts, then I finally got on the board next drive. Then right after the kickoff to the colts, bomb from Manning to Garcon again and I was down 21-7. But i switched around some defensive strategy and held manning and came back for the win 42-35!!(it was 21-21 after the first qtr). It's the only game I've played since I've had the game with so much high scoring. Good mix of offensive and defensive scoring. I like how the games seem to all vary.

I'm playing on 7 min w/ 20 sec run off which I think is closest to getting to 5 min w/ no accel clock. My games are a bit too long for my tastes, but not by much, maybe 10 min more than what I'd like. But I enjoy the game and I feel exhausted after each game I play. So I got into a habit of playing a morning game, then going out to live life, then playing an evening game before I sleep. I just love the game right now and its a shame they took so long to get to here.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

This game is mentally taxing.. :D

Was tied 10-10 at the half against the Ravens, Ray Lewis was injured with a pinced nerve and out for the rest of the game.. Bradford had 3 INT's in the first half and Avery had a fumble, but our defense was putting tons of pressure on Flacco - Quinn had 2 sacks already (James Hall might find himself out of a job once Chris Long gets back).

Second half was a whole new game as the Ravens came out and started to establish a running game. A 47 yard scamper later by Ray Rice and the Ravens took a 17-10 lead. Rice was a beast in the second half and it was great to see the Ravens adjust and go to the running game - Rice finished with 139 yards, second game in a row where I allowed over 100 yards.

Flacco had a couple of great long passes, one to Lee Evans and one to Tandon Doss, both for scores - Bradford would add a 47 yard TD pass to Amendola and we would lose 38-24.

It's a great feeling to find that WR bolt past a CB and leading him perfectly for a score. Avery also had an 88 kickoff return to the 8 yard line, which resulted in a score.

Washington (2-1) comes in next to face us (1-2) and then a much needed bye week to heal my offensive line.

It's not a perfect game by no means, but it's a believeable game of pro football and I'm having more fun with Madden than I've had in years. A lot of nice game touches like the chain gang, refs running over to make a call on a catch, the kicker warming up, etc..

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:This game is mentally taxing.. :D

It's a great feeling to find that WR bolt past a CB and leading him perfectly for a score. Avery also had an 88 kickoff return to the 8 yard line, which resulted in a score.

After scoring 42 points last game, I scored only 10 vs the RAms. Both teams were 0-0 for 3 qtrs, but then I got a cool td like the one you described above.

Score was 0-0 and I called a Slant. usually when I hit a slant, the most I get is maybe 10 yards if my WR runs after catch. But this time, the CB bumped my WR at the line, and he sort of stumbled delaying the timing of the play. so I hung on a second longer, then hit him, and then he just took it to the house. That one small delay disrupted the timing of the D and got my WR to make a huge play. Those little quirks in the timing of the play I see resulting in big plays in real life on NFL Sundays. It was cool that it was in the videogame! I ended up winning 10-7!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lancer wrote:

After scoring 42 points last game, I scored only 10 vs the RAms. Both teams were 0-0 for 3 qtrs, but then I got a cool td like the one you described above.

Score was 0-0 and I called a Slant. usually when I hit a slant, the most I get is maybe 10 yards if my WR runs after catch. But this time, the CB bumped my WR at the line, and he sort of stumbled delaying the timing of the play. so I hung on a second longer, then hit him, and then he just took it to the house. That one small delay disrupted the timing of the D and got my WR to make a huge play. Those little quirks in the timing of the play I see resulting in big plays in real life on NFL Sundays. It was cool that it was in the videogame! I ended up winning 10-7!
Agreed.. almost everything I'm seeing in this game resembles something from an NFL game on Sunday.

I'm already dreading having to go to Lambeau field in a couple of weeks. :)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

JRod wrote:Then there's the players, for the FIRST time ever, players actually matter.
That's what is making is so fun for me. In the past Troy Polamalu was faster than other players, but now he is more athletic (had a great play where I blitzed him through the line and he dove over a cut block to pressure the QB into a bad throw) and more of a playmaker too. He's supported the run well and I also made a great interception while controlling him covering a lot of ground that I haven't seen other players cover. I've always felt that Madden wasted the NFL license by making players generic, but I can really tell the difference in play now. Players look and play more realistically.

I know that there is occasional "suction" blocking but the blocking in general is much improved. As a runner you really have to be patient and anticipate where the physics of the blocks in front of you take opponents. I had a play yesterday that would have been considered "cheese" in the past but on replay was awesome. I ran to the right and was about to get stuck for a 3 yard loss when I made an apparent bad decision to change directions back to the left. Luckily Big Ben got in a defenders way (it was cool that he blocked like a QB would and not a canned blocking animation) and I got a crack back (probably illegal...LOL0 from a WR to free me for an 18 yard gain.

I'm playing on near default All-Pro (interceptions down and pass blocking up for CPU) and I'm having fun. I'll probably have to mess with the kicking sliders as the CPU has never missed a FG in any game I've played (probably about 16 counting exhibitions, preseason, and 5 games into my season) and the only I've missed have been blocked. It's probably a little too easy using the Steelers, but the Steelers should be good at least on paper. The offense is really fun to operate with lots of weapons (a good QB that can make all the throws, the speedy wideouts Brown and Wallace, possession receivers Cotchery and Ward, reliable TE in Miller, and strong running game). The defense is strong as well and has a bit of an advantage in Madden because the CPU won't abandon the run (good in general but bad against the Steelers) and the CPU won't stay away from Ike Taylor and attack the weaker corners as much as real teams would.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah, even bad kickers make them all.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Danimal, I would like to get in with the Cowboys please.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Everyone who asked me either here or via Pm to be in the Madden league should of gotten a new PM from me just a few minutes ago.

You need to create an account at the League Manager site first. Then hit the link I sent you to join the league. The password is included in the PM's.

My assumption is when you joing via LM, you select a team and are put into the Madden league in game. I could be completely wrong, it is entirely possible that you need to join via Madden first and then go to LM.

So whomever tried this first let me know which is the case.

Assuming I am wrong and you need to join via the game search for the Online Franchise DSP and the password is the same one I just sent you via PM for the league manager site.

We're at 6 or 7 guys now which is good. Like to end on an even number.
Follow Me on:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I was able to join the league manager site yesterday, then in the evening I did a search for the DSP league on the console and had to join through there also, going through the process of entering the password and selecting my team.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Just got a chance to compare both demos and Sportsdan was right, the 360 looks much better overall. It's sharper, has less jaggies and the colors pop out on the screen.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Just call me Mr. Interception..

I'm now 1-3 to start the season as the Redskins kicked my arse.. most of it due to throwing 4 INT's. The window is really small on passes, unless you get a blown coverage and even then a CB can pop out of nowhere to pick one off.

In NCAA, I let the CPU reorder my depth chart most of the time - kind of makes me feel on an even keel with the AI teams, but good players really stand out in Madden, so even though my starting RE comes back next game, I'm going with the rookie due to how dominant he's been playing thus far.

My SS has also been out and the long pass jump balls are killing us.

I think I'll see if I can get a future draft pick for Clayton and then I just might sign TO.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

34 I need you to rejoin via Lm again. For some reason you were listed 3 times so I hit remove on one and they all went away.

Also as Vader said besides getting in via LM you must also join in Madden.

Finally don't sign free agents yet, they are rolling that out and I don't have an option to turn it off currently.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I had a great game vs ATL.

I got a pick 6 at the end of the half and went up 20-7. Was thinking to myself maybe I'm beginning to master all pro.

But then ATL came back with Turner. He was unstoppable. He got a big 50 yard td run on me and then another drive where they used him exclusively for another TD. He bounced of 2 to 3 guys in much of the plays. I guess the dynamic thing is working. He had 22 carries for 157 yards. I don't remember a madden game before that the cpu running game lit me up like that.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The game plays sooo different without suction blocking. I now wish I had not cancelled that order sheesh. :twisted:

I love watching the battle in the trenches between the interior linemen. A definite buy for me.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Rod - did you get the game or you play it somewhere?

As for suction blocking, in 20 some games I've played, I only saw it one time. It's there but very rare.

I love playing as a Dlineman and I think this year's game is pretty fair when it comes to getting pressure and sacks.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nah just playing the demo. I'm waiting for a nice deal to come thru. :)

As I mentioned earlier the 360 version looks superior to the PS3 version. I was actually wanting to buy it for the PS3 but comparing the two made the decision a lot easier.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lancer wrote:I had a great game vs ATL.

I got a pick 6 at the end of the half and went up 20-7. Was thinking to myself maybe I'm beginning to master all pro.

But then ATL came back with Turner. He was unstoppable. He got a big 50 yard td run on me and then another drive where they used him exclusively for another TD. He bounced of 2 to 3 guys in much of the plays. I guess the dynamic thing is working. He had 22 carries for 157 yards. I don't remember a madden game before that the cpu running game lit me up like that.
I had the same experience playing ATL. Twice. Not quite bursting for 50 yards but the dude would just crank up 15 to 20 yards just when you think you got their offense in check. Especially on third downs, Turner was the game breaker in both games I lost against them.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Found a new copy on Ebay for $48. :)

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The variety is what is making Madden 12 so enjoyable for me. I started my Bears franchise and my three games have been quite different:

--Beat Atlanta 17-14. Falcons scored on two 60+ runs by Turner, who had 200 yards on the day, but I kept them out of the endzone except for those two plays and pounded away with Forte, who had a little over 100 yards on something like 27 carries.

--Lost to the Saints 29-21. This one wasn't that close as I scored very late to pull within eight. Brees threw for 300 yards and while the Saints didn't run a lot, they were pretty efficient with Ingram and Darren Sproles (the 2nd RB on their chart). They were very aggressive on D and sacked me all day because of blitzes I couldn't pick up. Forte was about 20 for 65 yards and while I threw for 300 with Cutler, he threw two big picks.

--Beat the Packers 38-17. The Packers were up 17-14 at the half thanks to a late turnover by me, but I came out in the second and destroyed them. Brian Beluga was injured for the Pack at RT, and Israel Idonije ate up his replacement: four sacks and a fumble recovery in the endzone for a TD. I had nine sacks overall and I could really sense how my team getting hot and their team getting cold turned a close game into a route. Forte also had a big day, around 150 yards rushing. Picked off Rodgers four times to unlock the DeAngelo Hall achievement, the last being a pick six by Charles Tillman to seal the game.

I haven't played with the sliders on All-Pro yet (and will now that I'm getting better with the game), but even at default my games have been very different and pretty challenging.

DookieMowf
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by DookieMowf »

Danimal wrote: I find that pump faking a specific receiver works very well against bad corners assuming you have the time in the pocket.

Amazing that the Lt + button is not in the manual
Wait, so what is the LT + button you guys speak off?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DookieMowf wrote:
Danimal wrote: I find that pump faking a specific receiver works very well against bad corners assuming you have the time in the pocket.

Pump faking...hold LT and hit the button you want to fake a throw to. Sometimes the defenders bite on the fake.

DookieMowf
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by DookieMowf »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
DookieMowf wrote:

Pump faking...hold LT and hit the button you want to fake a throw to. Sometimes the defenders bite on the fake.
Nice find. Thanks.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I haven't played a Madden game in a few years as I just found it to be zero fun. Not to mention all the buggies. I was ready to pass this year as well but as I started reading this thread and others, in addition to playing the full version of the game at my local *gulp* Gamestop for a few minutes, I bit yesterday (Best Buy, no worries. Gamestop can still suck it). Glad I did. Played a couple games online last night vs. Sport and two solid games. Then started my franchise with the Pats today and am 1-1. Got blown out by Miami 37-3 in game one (Brady had four picks, two inside my own 30). Beat San Diego in game two, 20-17 in a beauty. Scored with 1:04 left in the game. After the kick off Rivers hit a long pass to get into my territory. Then on 4th and 10 it looked liked they were going to be in FG territory after a sideline completion but the WR's foot clearly didn't get down on replay and the play was reversed for the change of possession.

Now here's the ultimate reason for the post. I suck on defense. I'm playing on All-Pro defaults because I want the challenge. But I can't seem to stop anyone's passing game. I'm using GameFlow because I don't know enough about football to call my own plays. Is that hurting my defense? Even in the SD game they racked up 390 yards of offense so it wasn't like I shut them down. Any help for a Madden returnee is appreciated.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

RallyMonkey wrote:Now here's the ultimate reason for the post. I suck on defense. I'm playing on All-Pro defaults because I want the challenge. But I can't seem to stop anyone's passing game. I'm using GameFlow because I don't know enough about football to call my own plays. Is that hurting my defense? Even in the SD game they racked up 390 yards of offense so it wasn't like I shut them down. Any help for a Madden returnee is appreciated.
Same with me while playing the demo had to drop it down to Pro and since i'm not very good I had the CPU make some huge runs.