Madden NFL 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 12

Post by Danimal »

Weird I have played 8 franchise games and it rained once.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Lucky me I guess. I started my franchise tonight and I was saying what a nice sunset for game 1. Ditto for my second game, so maybe it's not a bug.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Danimal - you became a mod over at OS? Is that the same you over in the Madden forum???

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/m ... clock.html

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:Danimal - you became a mod over at OS? Is that the same you over in the Madden forum???

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/m ... clock.html
Where have you been?

And I finally got a nice and sunny game in Game 5 of my franchise. Guess I was just unlucky on the first four. LOL.

Bill_Abner
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Bill_Abner »

Danimal wrote:Weird I have played 8 franchise games and it rained once.
Glad the slider settings helped.

And yes, I have played more franchise games in the rain this year than I have in every other Madden game combined.
No High Scores:
http://www.nohighscores.com/

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Thanks Danimal... and Bill.

I'm not sure why EA don't let you pick the weather anymore before a game? In fact, I loved the weather.com thing they had where it would be the same weather as it was in your area at the time you played your game.

They always seem to remove things for no reason at all.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

You've never been able to choose the weather in franchise or season modes. They did remove the Weather Channel tie in (though it's still in NCAA, right?) but you can choose basic weather options in play now mode.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Zeppo wrote:You've never been able to choose the weather in franchise or season modes. They did remove the Weather Channel tie in (though it's still in NCAA, right?) but you can choose basic weather options in play now mode.
You were able to, but that's probably years ago. :)

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

If anyone one is interested, I created a Digital Sportspage Community. Just search dsp or Digital Sportspage. It is private so the pw is "nocheesers" without the quotations.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

First game, grain of salt impressions...

AP defaults, 10 minute quarters (going to bump to 12) Rams vs Jags

Color me impressed.. this game was great.. both backs had 50+ rushing yards, I lost 23-7 and my TD came on a 95 yard pass to Avery before the half.

Game is fun and in just one game, better than any Madden game in years. I love the constant stats pop ups so I can see who's playing well. Making your reads is a quick progression, just like it should be. Had a few penalties, the Jags called a great game.

I hate there is NO crowd noise, even on 100%.

Commentary isn't good.. but it's not horrible. :)

Love all the cut scenes.. love the presentation. Wish they had player lock.

One game, but in all a pleasant experience on AP defaults for me. Love how Garrard would run when the pocket would collapse.

Pretty believeable NFL game if you ask me... going to play a ton tonight... maybe even start my Rams franchise. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Badgun wrote:If anyone one is interested, I created a Digital Sportspage Community. Just search dsp or Digital Sportspage. It is private so the pw is "nocheesers" without the quotations.
There is an obvious joke here about DSP but I won't go there. :)

Thanks for creating the community.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Just got it and playing , very colorful game, looks great. Although the player models I think in ncaa are a little more detailed.

One question - how do you do hot routes in this years game? the old way like in NCAA doesn't seem to be the same in madden.

Im playing as the Packers at Dallas and can't get anything going on all pro. Seems challenging at the moment.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Go into options an enable to Madden 10 controls for shortcuts and you can use the Y for hot routes. Otherwise you need to press RStick I think and go from there.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

ahhh thanks!

ok, was up only 3-0 after the first half, then i exploded for 10 points and the cowboys for 10, i ended up winning by 3. all pro default.

So far FUN GAME! Once I got scoring and making plays, it really felt great to play. And the Cowboys RB got a 80 some yard td run on me.

It doesn't have the boring feeling of M11 and SURPASSES M10 in my opinion early on. I know it's just 1 game I played but I can tell this is a quality title.

added later - I fooled around w/ MUT and this year they give you star players to start with. Maybe I'll try it this year.

I see an option to turn off Accel clock in the main menu game options.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I believe in franchise mode, you can't change the accelerated clock from the default of 20 seconds, which is fine with me - I'll use 12 minutes.

I'm probably going to start my chise tonight as the updated rosters look good enough to me.

When I played the Jags, they gave me a good dose of MJD as he had 25+ carries - so that's great to see.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I haven't really minded the commentary, I don't really even notice. the whole atmosphere of the game is awesome, so engaging. Example :

Got a huge score end of game Sanchez to Plax and the crowd goes wild shaking the Camera! Love it! Those little things! FUN!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

+ Can't remember ever playing back to back Madden games. It's been years. That's a good sign.
+ Switched to 1080p in the 360 console settings and game appears sharper than in 720p.
+ Atmosphere is great. Crowd is very lively.
+ Game seems to play very fair so far.
+ Sliders definitely work!
+ There seems to be a bit more emotion from the players. Gives a bit more immersive feel
+ It's now possible to rush the QB and pick up a sack.
+ Ratings really seem to be a factor. Throwing away from a star CB is the smart thing to do. I was burned a couple times with interceptions
I tried to force a pass with my WR being blanketed by a high skilled CB.
+ It's really a blast running the ball especially when you get in to the open field.

- Commentary is pretty horrid. "Number 32 kicks to number 16" That's absolutely ridiculous. Every players name should be in the game. Plus, Gus's voice
will sound differently in certain situations, as if it was recorded in separate sound rooms. This needs to be top priority. Fix the shoddy commentary!!!!
- Sometimes the tackling just looks unrealistic. I've seen quite a few pushes to the ball carrier a few yards than tackling on some stops.
- At least in the Play Now, the half time show is just very poor.
- Still seeing a few too many super LBs deflecting passes.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i just blocked a fg, wow, first time ever since Madden 97 in an EA football game.

I installed the game to HD, but anyone notice some pauses in the gameplay here and there?

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

CPU blocked a FG of mine in the demo. I've played four or five games so far this weekend and no pther blocks yet. Encouraging blocking kicks is back in the game and not overdone.

Another little thing: Played Bears at Giants in the rain last night (second preseason game), and saw some players with small tears in their jerseys. Also in an earlier game Eagles at Steelers there was a cool sunset early in the 2nd quarter.

This is the best Madden visually without a doubt.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sunset in seattle for a night game looked awesome.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Wonderful. So I wonder how to get around it??? I'd rather just play in sunny weather everytime like its madden 92 again. Rain sucks.

Played four franchise games and it's rained in every one of em.
Maybe you guys could try playing another game in the schedule that week to see if it's raining there? I've been playing a few of the other preseason matchups along with my own Bears game. I've only had one rain game and that was Bears at Giants.
Who knows, it may also change the weather in your teams' game.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Played one game, 8-min All Pro, Vikings at Bears (me). Lost 18-0. Should have been 18-6 but whiffed on a chip shot FG and completely mismanaged my time in classic Lovie Smith at the end of the half on another scoring opportunity (if it's in the game....) Both Cutler and McNabb played terribly. I didn't run very well but AP had a workmanlike 23 for 90.

Initial impressions:

--This game feels more dynamic than any other Madden game I've ever played. There's a lot more variety in the plays, hits, and results. Case in point, got pressure on McNabb but he slipped away from my DT, righted himself, and threw a pass to an open man just before getting hit again. On another play near the goal line, he tried to hit Percy Harvin on some kind of quick pass but overthrew it really badly, as if he an Harvin had some miscommunication about the route.

--I got sacked seven times, and every one was very legit, with my lineman engaging and then getting beat. No whiffing of Madden's past, at least not in this first game. DT Kevin Williams absolutely dominated G Lance Louis on my team. He and Jared Allen really caused me fits.

--More than I can remember in Madden, you really have to seem to know the play and get the timing down on offense for it to work. The window of opportunity for success is very small, which I like.

--I hit Devin Hester on a 55-yard that was the prettiest damn throw I've seen in a Madden game. Cutler lofted it up but overthrew it a little. Hester laid out and made the catch.

--Blocking no longer looks like two lines of electric football figures going at each other. Good enough that even though I know there are no physics or momentum, it feels like there are.

--Kicking is a b*tch. I like the difficulty but wish there was an option to use ratings only like free throws in NBA 2k11.

--Holy Helen Keller, the audio in this game blows. Maybe it's because I got beat, but the crowd was way too quiet in my game. The commentary splicing reminds me of the Kamp Krusty episode from The Simpsons ("Here's a handoff too...Mr. Black"). Gus Johnson overannunciates as if he's auditioning for a community theater production of Gus Johnson Announces Madden. The last time I played Madden was Madden 10, and in my first game I already heard a Collinsworth line from that game ("this game is about one guy on another guy and a third guy filming the action").

--The menus are not quite the hellish Cretan Labyrinth of MLB The Show, but they are not far behind. Plus they are slower than a white fullback after a pancake breakfast.

--I really want to play another game.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Played for about 6 hours straight. I've tried to hit several of the modes of play and use a variety of teams. So far I am extremely happy with the game. The graphics are very nice, with the stadiums and crowds looking cool. The grass up close is pretty ugly and splotchy in some stadiums, which is a minor quibble. Folks were not joking about how easy it is to run. I played with the Browns and Hillis was a monster. The sliders definitely need to be used to remedy the running game. The overall feel of the game is so much better than in the last Madden I played. I love the variety between the styles of the teams and players. Stars truly shine in this game. The commentary is not bothering me because I guess I have learned to tune out commentary in most sports games. I like the individual stadium sounds and intros. The look and feel of the game is quality. The most important thing is that I am having a lot of fun and keep playing game after game. I doubt I will sleep much tonight because I do not want to stop playing.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For those that bought season pass, this is how to delete the 4.7 GB game: Go to My Xbox -> Select System Settings -> Memory -> Hard Drive -> Games -> Madden NFL 12 -> Delete Madden 12.

So far I am loving my customized sliders on my franchise, the AI on the LB's need to be toned down for sure.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Dan,
Atmosphere is great. Crowd is very lively.
What? The crowd atmostphere is HORRIBLE.

What stadium were you in?