NCAA Football 12

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA Football 12

Post by TCrouch »

Agreed...if Madden plays at all between the whistles like the NCAA demo does, I'll be in hog heaven.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

JRod wrote:
I wish it was more widespread known the NCAA and Madden seem to be on two year dev cycles. It was NCAA the most improved last year where Madden trailed. This year seems Madden. It's been this way since 04-05.
Me too.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

TCrouch wrote:Agreed...if Madden plays at all between the whistles like the NCAA demo does, I'll be in hog heaven.
I thought the same thing last year. I have no reason to beleive that Madden will be better than NCAA this year. I would much rather have an NFL game. But NCAA 11 was pretty great.

I think the demo is fine. The gameplay is improved to some degree. It felt like a great game got a little more solid.

But then, if someone played NCAA and Madden last year, and stuck with Madden, I don't think I have the same needs out of a game as them.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

NCAA 11 was an awesome football game. I really am happy w/ playing that for the next few years unless the newer versions have a feature that is a must have. I don't know if 12 is going to be a big leap from 11. I think in the case for Madden, 12 will be a huge leap compared to 11.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

"NCAA Football 12 Ruined Madden 12 for Me"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1181224p1.html

This was a subtle nudge that had me preorder NCAA 12 from Amazon.com today (plus you get $20 off your next purchase). I've completed my 6th season with Mizzou and I'm actually looking forward to the non-slide WR animations to catch balls and some of the other gameplay fixes.

I'll wait to see what DSP folks say about Madden 12, I already know what to expect out of NCAA - I've played the hell out of 11.

Worst case, I take that $20 and put that towards NHL 12.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Did you right that review?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:Did you right that review?

LOL.. no sir.. good to see a Mizzou guy writing sports reviews though. :)

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

that's something I didn't want to hear. From all along it seemed that Madden would be the better football game this year. The comments left by readers to the article are interesting to read also. I didn't realize so many people have lost confidence in the Madden game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:that's something I didn't want to hear. From all along it seemed that Madden would be the better football game this year. The comments left by readers to the article are interesting to read also. I didn't realize so many people have lost confidence in the Madden game.
I would take that "article" with a grain of salt.

If you like the way NCAA plays you will ike the way madden plays it's the same engine.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
Lancer wrote:
I would take that "article" with a grain of salt.

If you like the way NCAA plays you will ike the way madden plays it's the same engine.
Well, the $20 off my next game helped. ;)

I'll wait to hear from you and others after Madden is released before pulling the trigger.. if we don't have pro football this year, my interest will dwindle anyway.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

We're gonna have pro football, believe me.
GT = Wilk5280

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wilk5280 wrote:We're gonna have pro football, believe me.
I am holding you to that. You think Im goofy now? Wait til they screw with the NFL season :P

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181529p1.html

Pretty fair review.. glad I ordered it.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Surprised to see Greg Miller doing a sports game review -- he's the same dude who was playing in IGN's stream of the game a couple of weeks ago, and did nothing on offense but drop back 20 yards with his QB before chucking it down field. Then again, it is IGN so I shouldn't be that surprised.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MizzouRah wrote:http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1181529p1.html

Pretty fair review.. glad I ordered it.
The game is solid. Actually may consider skipping Madden and just staying with this since they dicked over Online Franchise guys again.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
The game is solid. Actually may consider skipping Madden and just staying with this since they dicked over Online Franchise guys again.
In the end, I believe I'll do the same.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am pretty pumped for tomorrow. I am ready for some football.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

The coaching carousel looks promising.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

My brief impressions posted at another site:
So my son and I played a half a little bit ago, Florida at CU. The presentation is improved, but I think all of the improvements are pretty static. Watching Ralphie run out on the field was neat, the first time. I'll probably skip through it every time now going forward. Would like to see more dynamic / real time presentation improvements during the game. More detailed stat overlays, etc.
Game flows pretty well, but one thing concerns me greatly. There were 3 times shortly after my son snapped the ball that the game would freeze... and not just for a millisecond. I'm talking freeze long enough for me to think that my system froze and that I would have to reboot the system. Then, BAM! Gameplay started back up.
Boom, did u install game to Harddrive?
How's the play action pass workin this year?
I have since and have not seen the issue again while playing against the CPU. Haven't played my son again yet so not sure if install fixed the issue or if it only affects human vs human on the same system.

Haven't paid much attention to PA so cant really comment. There is in general more pressure on the QB while on offense and defense and I like it. You won't get all day to sit back and wait fir receivers to come open.

I really enjoy the running game. You can see guards pull, blockers get to the 2nd level, and read where the holes will open up.

Played 2 games against the CPU. 1st game was Buffs vs CSU and I was able to run the ball extremely well. 2nd game I took the Buffs up to play in Oregon and I certainly didn't experience that same success on the ground.

I've noticed TE's on short crossing patterns tend to be open a lot, but as a whole zone D does seem to be improved.
Fun game overall and now just waiting on FK's rosters so I can start my dynasty.
GT = Wilk5280

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

The first couple times playing the demo I was thinking been there done that. However, after spending more time with it I am seeing the tweaks they made to the coverage AI and the bigger tweaks to the running game. The full game supposedly has fixed some things from the demo, and the patch will make it even that much better. I was sort of on the fence with this game, but after watching a ton of videos people have posted of the full game I am going to get it. It looks really solid and enough of an upgrade over 11 to make it worthwhile. Amazon's 39.99 deal is hard to pass up. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I always install games onto the HD, never have had a lockup since, with any game.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yeah, I do too. I just happened to get home with the game and my son wanted to play a half so we popped it in and started playing.

I actually had the game lock-up on me earlier this evening with it being installed on the HD.
GT = Wilk5280

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Well that's not good. Did a patch install when you booted up for the first time?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

yes
GT = Wilk5280

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

A few observations after playing the retail version for several games. 1) There is indeed a PS3 patch available. 2) No paper instruction manual at all, just a sheet with the online pass and the legal mumbo jumbo. 3) You'd think this is Jamaican football with all the players with dreadlocks. 4) CPU mounts a more potent offensive attack than in years past --thank goodness. 5) CPU clock management is sketchy -- one team I played was down by 7 with 1:50 left in the game and on 2nd and 14 with no timeouts spiked the ball to stop the clock. I noticed a few times that with under 2 minutes and no timeouts the CPU really likes to spike the ball, even when it is totally unnecessary. 6) The man coverage in the secondary is still problematic at times. 7) Gameplay is smooth and running the ball is really fun. 8) EA needs to inject more atmosphere in a huge way. The commentary has gotten stale and the atmosphere seems muted. I will be getting into some of the modes this afternoon and checking out the new features in those areas. Overall, despite any criticisms, another strong showing by NCAA.