O.J. Anthony

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

O.J. Anthony

Post by Rodster »

Since we can start threads about an individual killing and abusing dogs why not about someone who got off with murder. What a crock, the justice system has become in this case. Rob your thoughts please !

At least one kid got six days in the slammer for flipping the middle finger, no that's justice lol.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: O.J. Anthony

Post by Danimal »

I'm just at a loss for words.

She may have got off but I think her life if over regardless.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Rodster wrote:Since we can start threads about an individual killing and abusing dogs why not about someone who got off with murder. What a crock, the justice system has become in this case. Rob your thoughts please !

At least one kid got six days in the slammer for flipping the middle finger, no that's justice lol.
I've been intentionally avoiding news regarding this, but to state the obvious it's not about the character of the act, it's about whether or not you can prove that the individual did the act.

No common person wants to sit in a jury box and feel responsible for putting a person to death unless they're damn sure that the person did it under the evidence submitted.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Wow! Didn't see that coming.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Naples39 wrote: I've been intentionally avoiding news regarding this, but to state the obvious it's not about the character of the act, it's about whether or not you can prove that the individual did the act.

No common person wants to sit in a jury box and feel responsible for putting a person to death unless they're damn sure that the person did it under the evidence submitted.
Exactly.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Naples39 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Since we can start threads about an individual killing and abusing dogs why not about someone who got off with murder. What a crock, the justice system has become in this case. Rob your thoughts please !

I've been intentionally avoiding news regarding this, but to state the obvious it's not about the character of the act, it's about whether or not you can prove that the individual did the act.

Fine I have to problem with that as the whole family is clearly disfunctional. So you're saying she had nothing to do with her child, missing and dead? In Florida you can find someone guilty of 1st degree, 2nd degree or manslaughter. What the jury said was she had zero to do with her dead daughter.

Well i'm sure she'll try real hard trying to find the killer in every nightclub she goes too. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Naples39 wrote: I've been intentionally avoiding news regarding this, but to state the obvious it's not about the character of the act, it's about whether or not you can prove that the individual did the act.

Fine I have to problem with that as the whole family is clearly disfunctional. So you're saying she had nothing to do with her child, missing and dead? In Florida you can find someone guilty of 1st degree, 2nd degree or manslaughter. What the jury said was she had zero to do with her dead daughter.

Well i'm sure she'll try real hard trying to find the killer in every nightclub she goes too. :)
toonarmy wrote:Wow! Didn't see that coming.
You know in this American Idol, Reality TV culture nothing surprises me anymore.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Rodster wrote:Fine I have to problem with that as the whole family is clearly disfunctional. So you're saying she had nothing to do with her child, missing and dead? In Florida you can find someone guilty of 1st degree, 2nd degree or manslaughter. What the jury said was she had zero to do with her dead daughter.

What the jury said is that the state did not prove she murdered or abused her child.

There's a big difference between positively asserting she had nothing to do with it and saying the state didn't prove that she did it.

If you want to talk about the particular facts of this case, I have no idea.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm calling Clyde Shelton...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I've often wondered how seared a conscience you have to have to sit in a courtroom and let a defense attorney try to clear you of the murder of your little daughter, when you know whether or not you did it. I'd admit it, and beg them to kill me. But...I have a conscience.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Naples39 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Fine I have to problem with that as the whole family is clearly disfunctional. So you're saying she had nothing to do with her child, missing and dead? In Florida you can find someone guilty of 1st degree, 2nd degree or manslaughter. What the jury said was she had zero to do with her dead daughter.

What the jury said is that the state did not prove she murdered or abused her child.

There's a big difference between positively asserting she had nothing to do with it and saying the state didn't prove that she did it.

If you want to talk about the particular facts of this case, I have no idea.
^^^^^^^
Exactly.

Nobody is claiming that she didn't kill her daughter or have something to do with covering up the death of her daughter.
The prosecution just couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it. Many are also criticizing them for going for
"too much" with 1st Degree Murder as the main goal. If they set their highest goal as a lessor murder charge, she probably
would have been convicted.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:
Naples39 wrote: Well i'm sure she'll try real hard trying to find the killer in every nightclub she goes too. :)
There may be no "killer" per se, if the baby did drown, like they claimed. What we DO know
is this:

Somebody either killed that baby or tried to cover up the death of that baby.

We just don't know exactly which and exactly who. We can all guess what most likely happened,
but to prove it to a jury is a whole other thing.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

The case was overcharged and not well presented.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

fsquid wrote:The case was overcharged and not well presented.
Bullshit on it being "overcharged." There isn't a prosecutor in the country who wouldn't have made that a capital murder case. There will be lots who will say now they wouldn't, but they're lying through their teeth. Hell, even if all they thought they could prove was the aggravated abuse count, that's enough to support a felony murder charge.

They didn't meet their burden, obviously, so it's fair to say that it the State should have done better. I think most of their mistakes were at the investigative and pre-trial stages though, where they didn't adequately work those aspects of the case that would nullify the exculpatory evidence that supported the defense's accident theory.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I pride myself on staying current on relevant news around the world. So I'm equally proud -- some may say arrogant -- to say that I have not watched or read anything regarding this trial. Didn't even watch the verdict today. Could care less.

I have no idea why this case has captivated America. Was there a bloody glove that titillated everyone? Was there a white Bronco chase that I missed?
Last edited by pk500 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Although I just saw this tweet, which cracked me up:

@kenwheaton Is there a support group for people who don't give a rat's ass about the Casey Anthony trial? Sign me up.

Add me to the list, too.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

RobVarak wrote:
Bullshit on it being "overcharged." There isn't a prosecutor in the country who wouldn't have made that a capital murder case. There will be lots who will say now they wouldn't, but they're lying through their teeth. Hell, even if all they thought they could prove was the aggravated abuse count, that's enough to support a felony murder charge.
the most unbelievable thing to me was that they didn't even get a guilty on the abuse charge 8O 8O 8O

Not reporting a missing child for a month isn't abuse???

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

JackB1 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:
the most unbelievable thing to me was that they didn't even get a guilty on the abuse charge 8O 8O 8O

Not reporting a missing child for a month isn't abuse???
The charge was aggravated abuse of a child. I don't know the FLA statute, but typically that involves directly inflicting bodily harm on the child.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

pk500 wrote:I pride myself on staying current on relevant news around the world. So I'm equally proud -- some may say arrogant -- to say that I have not watched or read anything regarding this trial. Didn't even watch the verdict today. Could care less.

I have no idea why this case has captivated America. Was there a bloody glove that titillated everyone? Was there a white Bronco chase that I missed?
I had to Google her name. :)

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

pk500 wrote:I have no idea why this case has captivated America. Was there a bloody glove that titillated everyone? Was there a white Bronco chase that I missed?
Because this broad
sensationalized it.

Why the media deems one death more important than another is beyond me.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

JRod wrote:
pk500 wrote:I pride myself on staying current on relevant news around the world. So I'm equally proud -- some may say arrogant -- to say that I have not watched or read anything regarding this trial. Didn't even watch the verdict today. Could care less.

I had to Google her name. :)

Same here. Yesterday was the first time I read anything about it and that was only cause I wanted to know what the hell this thread was about.

Good to know that you dont have to be filthy rich, a football star, a movie star or a high ranking member of organized crime to get acquitted of murder.
The American dream lives. Any one can do anything they set their minds to no matter where they come from.

As for that Grace broad. Well. Ill be nice and just say... Yucky!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

RobVarak wrote:

They didn't meet their burden, obviously, so it's fair to say that it the State should have done better. I think most of their mistakes were at the investigative and pre-trial stages though, where they didn't adequately work those aspects of the case that would nullify the exculpatory evidence that supported the defense's accident theory.
Hard to get felony murder when you can't prove the underlying felony.

Child abuse. What evidence was there that the child was ever abused? By all accounts, the kid was well cared for (by the family) and there had NEVER been any concerns about her care.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

F308GTB wrote:
pk500 wrote:I have no idea why this case has captivated America. Was there a bloody glove that titillated everyone? Was there a white Bronco chase that I missed?
Because this broad
sensationalized it.

The Oprah of Capital Crimes.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

F308GTB wrote:
Because this broad
sensationalized it.

I guess in the national media's eyes, if the murder involves pretty people from the well-to-do suburbs, it merits more attention. This case and the Natalee Holloway case apparently deserve to be national obsessions, while cases like the Anthony Sowell trial going on right now in Cleveland, nobody needs to care about. This guy Sowell is a hundred times the monster that Casey Anthony is. But because he's from the inner city, and his eleven victims (that they know about anyways) were mostly crack whores (literally), the national media doesn't care. Apparently Nancy Grace doesn't have a problem with him, he wouldn't do much for her ratings.
Last edited by lexbur on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm still waiting on Al Sharpton and Nancy Grace to apologize to the Duke lacrosse players.