Tiger Woods 12 - Masters Edition

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 12 - Masters Edition

Post by DivotMaker »

bulls23 wrote: Are the "carnival holes" as you call them, only on the 4th round? Are you talking about pin placements?

If so, I just play 2 rounds and am pretty good at putting. I haven't had a problem.
I have only seen this issue on two courses so far (offline Season Mode) and only in the 4th round using Expert pin placements. The first encounter was as Costa Navarino and some of the pins were brutal, but I did manage to score a 57 on Tournament mode for that round. The other encounter was this AM playing the UK Major at St. Andrews also in the 4th round and shot a 66. For the start of my second PGA TOUR Season (if I ever get there....) I will set up my season to play 3 round events which removes the Expert pins that are in the 4th round of each event. Might even drop that to 2 rounds each as 4 rounds takes alot of time to progress through a season and I simply do not have the kind of time to play that I used to....

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Agreed, divot. I was done with Links circa 2000. When Sierra released PGA Tour 2000, I never considered Links again.

It took some time, but the same guys that got hitting a golf ball with a mouse so right, finally nailed it with Tiger Woods in 2007. And the online play of TW is light years ahead of what Links put forth.

Personally, I don't like TW 12 all that much. I think TW 11 has a much better overall feel. But TW 12 is still a strong game. But Links is a neat game game, but doesn't have any relevance anymore. Otherwise, we would have a Links game competing right now.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I fooled around w/ this game online one XBL and it was quite fun.

Lot of online modes, tourneys, etc..

I did some 4v4 lobby random games and they were very good. They have the mode where you don't have to wait for everyone to go and it's all simultaneous. It's hard for any cheese to go on too so it seems like a pretty fair experience.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Simultaneous with your friends in a blast. 4 guys all bitching at the same time! I don't like how they changed 'skins' from $$$ to playing for 'points' though.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

DivotMaker wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:It might be the best golf game of this generation, but it's still not as enjoyable to me as links.. Links was / is a blast to play and was well ahead of it's time.
Exact opposite here. Links had 6 courses to play. Gameplay was good, but course selection was awful (compared to the 35 available for TW12). Links also had not Daily XBox Live tournaments (other than those you set yourself which IS a bonus) and no Play the Pro's either. DLC courses for TW12 are abundant and the cost per course is FAR below the $5.00/course that Links charged (they only had 2 maybe 3 DLC courses none of which were actual licensed courses). IMO, the only comparison between Links 2004 and TW12 is the gameplay since they are miles apart in release dates, platform (XBox only versus 360/PS3/Wii) and I feel TW12 does pretty well in this regard, but could certainly be better since it was released 8 years after Links.....
thanks Divot, and everyone.

not a fan of golf in actual life (never actually played). I do own a copy of Links, and have wondered how the modern TW games, measure up. Thanks

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

I think the entire package, the online play, career play, and the low cost of add on courses makes this the best console golf game period. While I liked TW 11, the desire to play it didn't reach out to me like TW 12 does. The difficulty seems better for me than any other game before it. I have yet to shoot in the 50s on this game and that is a huge plus for me.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Badgun wrote:I think the entire package, the online play, career play, and the low cost of add on courses makes this the best console golf game period. While I liked TW 11, the desire to play it didn't reach out to me like TW 12 does. The difficulty seems better for me than any other game before it. I have yet to shoot in the 50s on this game and that is a huge plus for me.

Badgun: do you play via Move/Kinect?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I played it for 2 weeks straight and now play it off and on. Road to the Masters was great, but now I'm in my 3rd season and it seems a bit repetitive. Meaning I am pretty good at the game now and can win most of the tourney's, even some majors.

But there are a lot of other modes I am looking into to, which is one of the best things about the game. I tried the Tiger Masters challenges and they've been very hard. Also like I mentioned, XBL opens up a while new part of the game. I know there are many other modes I have yet to try.

Best thing about the game is it's pretty relaxing to play if you're in that mood. If i want something with more action, I put in NHL 11. But this one is nice and easy, just lay back on the couch, and play. Even online is like that which normally isn't the case.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

vinny-b wrote:
Badgun wrote:I think the entire package, the online play, career play, and the low cost of add on courses makes this the best console golf game period. While I liked TW 11, the desire to play it didn't reach out to me like TW 12 does. The difficulty seems better for me than any other game before it. I have yet to shoot in the 50s on this game and that is a huge plus for me.

Badgun: do you play via Move/Kinect?
I play on 360 with the controller.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hmm Youtube tag doesn't seem to be working anymore

anyway

http://youtu.be/P3y_Tk_nPkE
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Played all 4 rounds of play the pros at the Atlanta Athletic Club today and somehow they had hole number 8 actually be the 1st hole of the Waialae course, the announcers even previewed it as such. :?
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 should be renamed Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 13. What a performance this past weekend...wow.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Teal wrote:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 should be renamed Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 13. What a performance this past weekend...wow.
No s***. He cleaned house from day one. Solid performance since his Masters meltdown.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

10spro wrote:
Teal wrote:Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 should be renamed Rory McIlroy PGA Tour 13. What a performance this past weekend...wow.
No s***. He cleaned house from day one. Solid performance since his Masters meltdown.
But he was finished in the T5 in two majors last year. He's 22 and has been battled hardened by tough final rounds. I think that develops the 4th round confidence needed to win majors. At 22, he may be the next dominant player. Be interesting to see what he does at the The Open.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

webdanzer wrote:
bulls23 wrote:Turnberry and Bethpage Black are now up on 360 Marketplace for 320pts a piece. I got Bethpage Black as a bonus for pre-order as did many who got it from Gamestop. Turnberry was for PS3, but they are both up now for anyone who didn't get them.
I have to say I'm a little gunshy about picking up any more DLC because of the 4th round carnival holes on some of those courses. Has anyone played 4th day on these courses? If so, are the holes crazy here too? (Especially interested in Bethpage)
Bought Bethpage and played 4 rounds in the play the pros and the pin placements in the 4th round weren't that bad, hole 11 is the only one that gave me trouble with its pin placement. The 15th is hard putting in every round with its slope. Overall a very challenging course with the elevations and also the trees coming into play if you end up hitting a bad tee shot as I did several times. :(
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I did not know this was even coming out for the PC, but it will be released Sept 6 and there is an option for digital download. With the code it costs $29.99 to pre-order.
Pre-Order Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters on PC/Mac!
Save 25% when you pre-order at Origin and use this code: TigerWoods12PC

Includes:
• 3 Months of Membership to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® Online
• Code for 1-Year Subscription to Golf Digest

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/ ... .229986700

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Does anyone have any input on the Wiii version of the game? My wife picked up a Wii for our daughter recently, with Just Dance 2, and I'm interested in hearing out the Wii version of this game plays.
GT = Wilk5280

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I have spent a ton of time with the 11 version and a little with 12.

If you like golf and you don't mind standing on your feet and swinging while playing and downgraded graphics from the 360, it is IMO the best video golf experience ever.

Not to mention, you get 28 courses with the 11 version and 23 courses with the 12 version.

I would really like to get the chicken stick accessory for the wii-mote.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I like it, but seem to only be able to play two rounds before my feet hurt.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just saw this on Tiger's Twitter account. He was working on TW13 after missing cut at PGA. Looks like he is using a Kinect...doesn't he?

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Nice find and yes, it appears to be Kinect-enabled....

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

DivotMaker wrote:Nice find and yes, it appears to be Kinect-enabled....
looks like he chunked it

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My detective work was correct! :). Pretty good article at Golfweek.com on Tiger and TW13.

Here is a tidbit...

"During his two-hour testing session, Tiger is briefed on some of the game's changes - one of the biggest of which will be the support of the Kinect, a Microsoft system that requires no controllers, instead using motion-sensing cameras to track body movement and verbal commands."

Link to article:
http://www.golfweek.com/news/2011/aug/2 ... ideo-game/
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

When I first started playing this game I quit because I couldn't putt, but after watching some videos my putting has gotten better. I have sank a 59 yd putt. This game is so rewading on so many levels.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

What videos did you watch? Are there EA tip ones on youtube?

I haven't played TW in ages, but i'm sure once the snow flies and my "real golf" gets further away, i'll get the itch again.

Are there any good tips on swings, actually?

Sometimes I find that I seem to make a pretty straight shot with the RS, but the ball still seems to go off in wild directions...... does rhytym have anything to do with shot success?
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!