Tiger Woods 12 Tourney/League

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 12 Tourney/League

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:I discovered the following while I was playing around in Club Tuner yesterday. I was having trouble keeping the ball in the fairways and hitting greens even though in my Accuracy blade, my Swing Plane was maxed at 100%, but my Balance was 50. Overall 77 on Accuracy and I have not figured out how to increase this to 100 yet as that is more important to me than Power. I flip-flopped the Swing Plane and Balance to 50/100 and now I am hitting fairways and greens much more consistently. Try this and then play around in the Swing Tuner to see if it helps you. Decreased my random landing area significantly and I am playing much better now. Lastly, get those putting stats up ASAP. It does make a difference.
It's not even that...it's that I'm shocked that in the first two rounds, I only missed a few fairways over the entire two rounds. In the last two I barely hit any (maybe two or three). So something (maybe its because I didn't have a few drinks before the horrible round, lol) was different and it wasn't the conditions. All four rounds were fairly breezy so it's not like the wind was killing me...I just couldn't keep anything straight and I have no idea why it changed so dramatically from rounds one and two to three and four.

Of course I definitely do need to increase my stats...but how about this question: I presume all things are set equally no matter if you use your created player or a tour pro. Is that correct? I used a pro for each of those rounds, Justin Rose...so it's not like I went back and forth between my created guy and my pro, but I just don't get how the tourneys work as far as stats go.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

My second round went much better. Hit 10 fairways and had 7 birdies. But also had 4 bogeys. -3 for the round and -2 thru 2 rounds. Will try to get my final 2 in sometime today.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote: Of course I definitely do need to increase my stats...but how about this question: I presume all things are set equally no matter if you use your created player or a tour pro. Is that correct? I used a pro for each of those rounds, Justin Rose...so it's not like I went back and forth between my created guy and my pro, but I just don't get how the tourneys work as far as stats go.
Ugh? I had the impression that using a Pro was definitely an advantage and that's why I struggled in the 1st round. But I am curious now...

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

+7, +9, +4, +2 with my lowly rated scrub using a DS on PS3 I'm just playing for xp at this point. :D

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

R3 I shot a 2 under which put me At -4 for the tourney.
R4 I finally shot almost a bogey free round with just one. I eagled the 15th to put me at -5 for the round and I played par golf the rest of the way to finish the tourney at -9. I was sweating that last hole knowing Web was sitting at -8.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leebo33 wrote:+7, +9, +4, +2 with my lowly rated scrub using a DS on PS3 I'm just playing for xp at this point. :D

Yeah, ditto. On my last round I decided to try a Pro and there's definitely an advantage doing so. Adam Scott can hit 320 yards while I can't drive a ball further than 270 yds. Pitching, putting, everything seem to be much smoother with a Pro. Having said that, I am committed to making my player a better golfer so I don't mind playing for XP points at all.

+4, +3, +7 and even.

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Are we going to start a new one this week?

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

For the record I used my created golfer for all rounds - My driving/accuracy are in the 50-60 range, and putting/control both below 50. It did seem all the ps3 guys had higher scores vs 360 guys. Controller?? Should we set a limit on attributes or all agree to use a certain pro? Switch it up every tourny? Doesn't matter to me I like using my created guy to build xp as well.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TheTruth wrote:For the record I used my created golfer for all rounds - My driving/accuracy are in the 50-60 range, and putting/control both below 50. It did seem all the ps3 guys had higher scores vs 360 guys. Controller?? Should we set a limit on attributes or all agree to use a certain pro? Switch it up every tourny? Doesn't matter to me I like using my created guy to build xp as well.
Yeah, even if some of you want to use your Pros I will continue to build up my XP points as I am dedicated to build my guy from scratch.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Results of our 'preseason' tourney at East Lake:

Truth (-9)
Web (-8)
Badgun(-5)
Pete (+5)
db (+5)
10s(+14)
Leebo(+22)

In this thread or the other, I counted 5 other guys expressing an interest, which is a good enough group to continue this for a while.

Here's how I plan to proceed: Each week we'll be doing a tournament. Most often this will be the online weekly 'tour pro' event, but I'll probably throw in a couple of 'tournament' level difficulties as well, and I may give some offline settings for certain weeks as well. I will probably be skipping the DLC courses for our first season, unless the large majority of folks here have them.

I had planned on mixing up what golfers we could use for each tourney (Sometimes any, sometimes created only, sometimes certain pros only, etc) but seeing some of your feedback about wanting to use and level up your guys, each week will now always include the option of using your created golfer, if you so desire. That way no one will feel that they 'wasted' their playing time without gaining experience, if that is what they would like.

I strongly suggest becoming online friends with everyone else on your system competing in these, as it definitely adds to the fun seeing the scores online and knowing what you need to shoot or feeling the pressure of someone lurking behind you. :)

Let's do a 16 event season, with the most recent 12 tourneys counting towards your point average. That means each person can miss up to 4 tourneys without it hurting your rank for the year. We're all busy, and summer is coming up. I think that is a good buffer number.

We'll base finishing points for each tourney loosely off the Fed Ex numbers

1st:45pts
2nd:27pts
3rd:17pts
4th:12pts
5th:10pts
6th:8pts
7th:6pts
8th:4pts
9th:2pts
10th or later or just showing up:1pt

Points will be averaged over the 12 most recent tourneys in the 16 weeks to determine rankings.

Any questions? Comments? Suggestions? Fire away!

Otherwise, our season will officially begin with this week's event: Online 'Tour Pro' difficulty Eagle Classic at Augusta! Let's start with the man himself for this one: Tiger Woods is the selected pro for this tourney. (or any created golfer) Please post your scores after you play each round. I'll aggregate and re-post periodically.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sounds good to me...of course I'm not going to be available this weekend unless I somehow find a way to do all four rounds sunday night. Gotta head up to San Francisco to see the Braves/Giants series in a ballpark that I don't need to wear a flack jacket in. :)

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

You can start playing it right away, actually. I'm probably going to do my first round tonight.

And just a reminder for everyone, please only one attempt per round. Designate one attempt as your 'official' round before you play it, and count that one, no matter the score.

Before that, though, you are welcome to practice as much as you like!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

webdanzer wrote:You can start playing it right away, actually. I'm probably going to do my first round tonight.
I'm breaking out the flack jacket tonight to go to Dodger Stadium...so yeah...maybe late night when I get home, if I'm alive. Maybe I can do two rounds tonight and two sunday. We'll see...I'll find a way.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
webdanzer wrote:You can start playing it right away, actually. I'm probably going to do my first round tonight.
I'm breaking out the flack jacket tonight to go to Dodger Stadium...so yeah...maybe late night when I get home, if I'm alive. Maybe I can do two rounds tonight and two sunday. We'll see...I'll find a way.
I went Saturday. The police-presence was pretty crazy. You literally couldn't go 30 feet without seeing a cop somewhere. Plenty of people is STL-gear (including people with us) & I saw no problems at all. Even the parking was smooth, but it helped the Cards were blowing them out by the 7th inning :D . We were out of there in 10 minutes. You'll be fine.

EDIT: I just realized this wasn't the MLB thread. LOL. My bad..
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Round 1 on the TOUR Pro event at Augusta = -6. I'll play this one TOUR Pro event because I have already started it, but I will likely play only Tournament difficulty events from now on as it is just the difficulty I prefer. Thanks for doing this Web!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

webdanzer wrote:Diablo, you don't need to be online at certain times, you just need to get your rounds in before the week is up. Usually we'll have a week, but this first one ends tomorrow night.

I think the Wii game is different enough to be considered a separate game, but if wii users want to post their scores, I'm okay with that.

I posted a -3 second round, so I'm a shot behind DB right now.
Thanks for the info Web. I'll definitely keep up with the thread and see if I can do it. Ill look into the next tournament.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I would like to give this a shot as well, even though I am struggling big time with this game. (gamertag DChaps66)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Struggling? I shot +22 in the first tourney. :D

I couldn't even break Par with Tiger at Augusta (I can't remember if I was +1 or +2...I'll look tonight). I was -3 at one point but had one or two bad holes to ruin my finish.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leebo33 wrote:Struggling? I shot +22 in the first tourney. :D

I couldn't even break Par with Tiger at Augusta (I can't remember if I was +1 or +2...I'll look tonight). I was -3 at one point but had one or two bad holes to ruin my finish.
That's what I like about this year's version. When you were ahead by 2-3 strokes lat year, you could pretty much know that you could pack it in and win a tourney. Not so this year. No lead is safe.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

double post
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Shot a -2 for round one. However, I didn't realize we were using Tiger or user created golfer. I went with Furyk, sorry. I'll hit up Tiger for the remaining 3 rounds if that's ok.
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Round 2 in at +2 and even for the tournament. Played the last 3 holes @ +4 :(
GT = Wilk5280

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Using my created golfer- had a double and triple bogey, finished first round at +2.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With created dude so far I am at +3 even and +3 after three rounds. Wanted to finish it today but I have no PSN connection as the problem seems to be spreading.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Used Tiger for round one, -7.